replacement for LOOB

I've been experimenting with LOOB, and I like it alot! The problem: if i use it more than one day in a row, my hair gets really dry and frizzy. Is there any similar product that's not as drying?

Also, I've been trying out MOP C-curl defining cream, but to me, it's just okaaay. But it isn't as drying!
3b/c coarse, porous (I think), and THICK! Mod CG since: 10/11/08
Avoiding humectants and protein!
I'm not talking from experience, because I use LOOB daily with no drying issues, but I have heard a lot of girls around here say that they need to use a leave-in with LOOB to prevent that. Your siggie says you're waiting to try GDLI, so why not give that a try under it and see if it helps? Good luck! I hope it works haha I <3 LOOB!
claiming a 2c/3aMiii
growing my hair out to BSL
& mod-CG as of 9/1/08
Low-poo: VitaminShampoo pomegranate+blackberry
'Poo to clarify: BTZ Noodlehead
Condish: GVP Conditioning Balm
Stylers: LOOB! GVP Detangler, HESMU
Put away for winter: PMRT, TW, LVPNG

On the rare occasion that I straighten: leave-in V05 vanilla mint, 3-in-1, and Tizz no Frizz
Pineapples, clips, diffusers, and paper towels are my hair's best friends.
.I'm a PJ.

Some people like KCCC, which is apparently of LOOB-like consistency, more expensive, but not drying. Looks like you're waiting to try that anyway (me too!).
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
Not some people. A LOT of people like KCCC.
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
onethousandcurls, do you know if KCCC has the same kind of results as LOOB? i like what LOOB does for my hair, and I would like to try KCCC after all the rave reviews. I asked this question on the general forum and it got like 40 views and no answer.

so...are they similar in effect as well as consistency?

thanks!!!
wurly, fine to medium, currently growing for waist-length
embracing the waves since 10/20/08
my hair loves protein and hates jojoba oil, my scalp hates propylene glycol, my face hates silicones.
KCCC is not the same as LOOB, in my hair at any rate.

KCCC is kind of a snot-like texture, slick and slimy where LOOB is creamy. It functions as a joint curl enhancer and light hold gel for me, though I still need something stronger on top. LOOB was like a curl creme for me, enhanced the curl a LITTLE but really just served to help form clumps.
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG

Last edited by MimsTX; 12-10-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Thanks Mims!

Anyone else have experience with both and want to chime in?
wurly, fine to medium, currently growing for waist-length
embracing the waves since 10/20/08
KCCC is slimey, LOOB creamier. LOOB also dried me out FAST. I think Boots comes closer to LOOB then KCCC does....
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Loob was DISASTROUS for me made me POOF and FRIZZ cuz of the cones in it. BOOTS is a lot more like LOOB and works FAB it gives me more consistent results then KCCC but I CAN NOT get great 2nd day with it, next day it feels kinda producty. It makes me MENTAL cuz the stuff is AWESOME and I even like the smell even though some people (whose name rhymes with COOTEEE) says it smells like old lady perfume.
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Originally Posted by DEL2C
BTW, rudee, I did finally stick my nose in the pot and smell it. I can KINDA see how it's 'old lady' scented, but it mostly smells like floral/rose to me.
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
Originally Posted by DEL2C
Originally Posted by MimsTX
It smells clean and fresh to me!
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

You guys make me laugh. Old lady smell : )

And sorry, from what I hear, I thought KCCC was kind of like LOOB.
Weird! I always thought KCCC smelled kind of marshmellowy.

All I can say about KCCC is it is DEFINITELY not drying - it's incredibly moisturizing. I have found I get great results with it if I alternate it with something less moisturizing and use just a tiny bit of a stronger gel on top of it. I have never tried LOOB, so I can't say how they compare, but if you want a moisturizing styler KCCC is probably the way to go.

fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
CGish since 10-16-08
Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer

Originally Posted by mrl234
Yes I agree! Kind of marshmellowy and like a sugar cookie...lol..First experience with KCCC and it is moisturizing. My hair looks and feels shiny and soft (after I scrunched the crunch). I have also used LOOB and have not had any problems with it drying my hair out. I use each of these products over mousse and get great results. HTH.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066

Originally Posted by mrl234
OMG i want to try KCCC soooo bad. Maybe they finally got it at my whole foods? And i want boots too! Aghhh being a pj is so expensive! :P
3b/c coarse, porous (I think), and THICK! Mod CG since: 10/11/08
Avoiding humectants and protein!
The best thing about boots is that although you have to get it internationally, if you can get a UK curly on here to send it to you it's still pretty cheap. I tried KCCC and KCKT and it made my hair feel stiff and dry when I first applied it, I guess it's not for me. Oh well, at least it was just a sample. I still loooove my boots
Tarah - with an "H"

Always trying something new.

I'm a curly college student, and LOVING it.

"They say when you die your life flashes before your eyes - Make it worth watching."