Please help with online shopping in the US - I'm being screwed!

Hi there ladies,

I'm freaking mad about the treatment and customer service I've gotten from Swanson Vitamins. I have orderer a lot of supplements and AO conditioners. At check out I used a promo code that worked and had the exact cost of shipping (80$ because I live in Denmark!!). Four hours later I received an email confirming my order. They didn't use the promo code (25$ for first time customers on big orders) and they now charged me 105$ in shipping). Then I got a second email and they now charge 120 in shipping.

I have emailed their customer service four times and they don't get back to me. I've tried calling but the line seems to be busy or I haven't got the right country/state code.

I'd like to know if any of you know if there are somewhere in the US I can complain about this. I tried to google but didn't really find any info.

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Anne
Oh I am really sorry to hear that. I don't live in the US and can't help you that much apart from praying God that your problem is solved as soon as possible. I am, myself, often afraid to buy online since you can only complain/asking advice through mails and the people at the other end do not even reply back.
Thank god it is the first time ever I've had these kind of problems and I've done a lot of shopping on the internet for a long time.

Bumping this to see if there are any Americans who can advice me on this issue??

TIA.
What's the company/website? I'll see if I can dig anything up.
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
thank you very much for offering to help me. The company website is www.swansonvitamins.com I don't seem to need your help after all. After four days customer service replied to me and I've convinced them to charge the original amount of money.

So all in all I can actually recommend them. They have the cheapest AO I've found online and their suplements are much cheaper than other low-price companies. US shipping is only 4.99 no matter how much you order and they shipped two days after I placed the order despite christmas shopping.
Call yer credit Card company ASAP - go on record with the dispute and try to cancel or freeze the payment!
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Originally Posted by deRosa
All except Hawaii and Alaska:

Alaska, Hawaii & US Territories - $4.99 + $3.99 = $8.98 total charge

For orders shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, American Samoa, Micronesia, Guam, Marshall Islands, Mariana Islands, Palau and the Virgin Islands, please add an additional $3.99 to the standard shipping rate. Orders will be shipped priority mail. Please allow up to 10 business days from the date of shipment for delivery.
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin