Fairy Tales Curly Q Natural Curl Maker Gel

I've been using this for about 3 weeks now, and I'm very happy with it. It gives me nice definition and alot of shine. I still use a little BRHG over it for the back of my head, as I need extra hold due to the length of my hair.
shampoo bars, GVP K-Pak, Abba Pure Gentle Leave-in, Mop curl cream, Babaii Mousse and BRHG
I'm kicking myself for not trying this sooner (I've had my eye on it for months but thought for the price it couldn't be that great). It gives me nice formed curls and clumps. It has medium hold and I added about 3 nickel sized blobs of KCCC for extra hold and lovely! I hope this is a keeper!
Darn it. I need to get my hands on some of this. Of course all the retailers in my area don't carry anything other than the FairyTales lice products.
2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

Location: SoCal
I am hoping to be near the mall that had this soon as I am almost out and I really really still like this gel. I mix it with just a bit of BHRG to boost the hold - I need such a strong gel so my curls dry as curls.

As luck would have it, a salon near my work carries the line and had the gel in stock!
2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

Location: SoCal
Bump! I just picked up this gel today. Anyone still loving it?
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
I have used this since my post in 2009. I have rotated but I always come back to it. I still love it and you can now get it at sleekhair.com for a cheaper price and fast shipping.
We're still using it as well as the leave-in. Love the products. You can now buy Fairy Tales products at Ulta, so if you have one close you can save yourself the shipping.
Anyone who lives within their means, suffers from a lack of imagination. ~Oscar Wilde

There are only two ways to do things: right or over.
Bumping this old thread wondering who is still using this. I was reading a couple of reviews about this and I'm surprised as well that this gel isn't talked about more. I was at a friend's house and used this on freshly conditioned hair followed up with some BRHG and then used it at home the same way. So far I've used this twice with different rinse outs but still got very good hold and curl enhancement from it. If you don't need a lot of hold you can probably use a LI under it to soften it but I need the crunch to make sure my waves dry in place. I didn't have any trouble with SOTC & it seems to work better with diffusing. As I was air drying I didn't think it would amount to much but once I diffused it started to define very nicely. I got mine at ULTA but curlmart has it as well. If you're looking for a curl enhancing product with great hold this stuff is GREAT
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Still use it every time I do my hair and still love it Only wish is that I could buy it in a 16 oz bottle
DEL2C likes this.
Originally Posted by abstractcurls
I have a TON of thick hair and use about a dime size. I emulsify it really well before scrunching it all in. I think one bottle will last me a very long time! Do you find a co-wash is sufficient to wash this out or do you use a Low Poo/Poo??
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

I used a lot probably about 4 nickle sized amounts every time I used it I have a ton of hair and I need a good amount to get a good hold for my curls. I co-wash 1-2 times a week and try to only shampoo 1. I have never had build up from this gel. I know it has a thick consistency going on but it never had any adverse affect imo.
Just ordered a bottle along with some joico firm hold joigel.
What's the best way to use this gel?
3a (normal-porosity/elasticity/density)
Cleanse: CHS TS+oil, poo bars, Sevi pumpkin poo, Co-wash
LI/RO:MD RCLI, GDLI-GVPCB, DB pumpkin, Tresemmé Naturals
Stylers: LALSG, Volumax styling, CHS CK, BRHG, KCCC, Gel-les'C, JC Spiralicious, AOMM, FSG, SSCEJ

$5 off 1st order under $40, $10 off over $40...at iherb use code KEY066