FSG made by Botticelli Babe!

BB, I officially changed the name of my blog today, so henceforth, you will be the one and only Botticelli Babe! (Might be useful if you want to name your product after your NC handle....)
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo
Awwwww thanks jillipoo! You didn't have to do that!!!! Actually, I think you had your blog first, and then I came along and took BotticelliBabe as my SN here - I should have changed my name for you! I really do appreciate it though!!

sweetseven, you'll have to let us know as soon as you get your package (like I doubted you would! *lol*), so we know how long it takes for overseas shipping! Thanks for being the guinea pig on that one!

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
I guess my mailman heard me when I told him to hurry up...

I just came home from work and my package from BB is here!

So it took less than a week, since BB shipped it out on Saturday and I got it on Friday, pretty fast imo! Thanks BB!

Tomorrow will be a fun day of experimenting with my fsg.
3B/3C
medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
If your hair loves oils, then BB's butter is for you. It is moisture in a jar. My skin loved it. My hair not so much. I used BB's gelee, plop, BB's brulee, plop, diffuse and my hair was looking and feeling great. I used a pea sized amount of butter to SOTC and my clumps fell apart. I knew my hair did not like oil, but I have had such staggering results with BB's other products I had to give it a shot. Oh well. It is still going to be a wonderful skin moisturizer for me. This stuff literally melts in your hand. It smelled like oranges and it was hard not to taste it.

BB...if you can come up with a conditioner and a CK, I will be entirely a BB girl.
Btw...Where can I get the ingredients lists so I know what my hair loves and what it does not?

Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny

Last edited by CurlyFireHorse; 02-06-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Originally Posted by CurlyFireHorse
Do you have any pics with the gelee and brulee?
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
I will try to post some tomorrow.

Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

I will try to post some tomorrow.
woot.

I'm thinking I might try the gelee/brulee combo, and was curious how it turned out for someone else.
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG

Originally Posted by CurlyFireHorse
Well YAY! Too bad your hair wasn't terribly fond of the Butter, but you sound like me in the fact that your skin loooooooooooves it. *lol* I do like me a multipurpose product!

I probably should have posted this a long time ago - here are what will likely be my product ingredient labels, once I get that far:

Gelee: Spring water, organic flax seed extract, clover honey and/or organic agave nectar, beneficial oil, citric acid, grapefruit seed extract, fragrance, and natural thickener. (may contain magnesium sulfate and/or aloe vera extract)

Brulee: Aloe Vera extract, organic flax seed extract, vegetable glycerine, soybean oil, organic agave nectar, citric acid, grapefruit seed extract, fragrance, and natural thickener.

Butter: Unrefined shea butter, unrefined coconut oil, vegetable glycerine, meadowfoam seed oil, macadamia nut oil, sunflower oil, plum kernel oil, sweet almond oil, and sweet orange essential oil.

Keep in mind I may not have them in the proper order as far as ingredient content, but I do try. And you'll all be happy to know that I placed two of my three orders today - I have so many new scents coming it, it'll make your head spin. You thought you had a tough time deciding before!!!! *lol* Oh yeah! I have a new beneficial oil and five new scents in the listing on the swap board already, in case you want to check! I'm getting my last order together right now, and I'll be placing that tomorrow night - that's the one that has all of my fun new additives and what could possibly become my conditioner/detangler!

Yeah...I'm excited too! *lol*

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
I wish they had a "desperately trying to wait before buying BB's conditioner/detangler, gelee (all different combos) and brulee (all different scents)" smilie.

If one of your new scents is going to be a musk, I will have to PM you. I won't be able to wait for that. sigh

Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

ACK!!! Thank you for reminding me! I just placed a HUGE scents order, and somehow I managed to miss a musk! Bad, BAD BB!! So, I called and left them a message and asked them to PRETTY PLEASE add a white musk for me - hopefully they get the message before they ship it off. Now if I could just find a RED musk to go with the white...

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
Originally Posted by Laura Lee
MUAHAhahahaha!! But of course! Just you wait until you guys see the list of sniffer candy I'm getting!

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
Okay BB. I've got my stuff. Came in Saturday's mail but too late for me to do my hair.

Suggested use: A ton of FSG, a bit of Brulee and scrunch out any crunch with the butter?Leave-in or not?
3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
-wabi-sabi

I couldn't help myself and had to place an order with the oh so sweet BB ... I'm getting the gelee with avocado oil added (my hair and skin just loves the stuff), and the sandalwood fragrance. I also requested the brulee in her amber scent. I love the concept of customizing the product, and I can't wait to try both of these! I really wanted the butter, but couldn't justify it with all the butter-holding jars I have decorating my bathroom (and other odd storage areas...) one of these days, though...I'm almost strictly washing/conditioning with ayurvedic herbs now, and I'm hoping BB's products will compliment that nicely...
pw curly

This is my attempt to post a pic. Hope it works. Just a close up of my hair after using BB's gelee and brulee.

Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Last edited by CurlyFireHorse; 02-07-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Originally Posted by mpgirl
Heehee!! Yes to the ton of Gelee, yes to the bit of Brulee, and I'd skip the leave in. The Gelee and the Brulee together have so much moisture, I think you'll be surprised at the fact that not only is a leave in unnecessary, but it might actually interfere with the overall effectiveness of the other two. For me, if it's humid/damp enough, I can SOTC with dry hands (like I did while out shopping today!), and if it's really dry, I use a dab of butter. Play around with it and see - that's half the fun!

Originally Posted by Curly Girl Fla
Oh I hope so, too! I think you'll like the way the scents turned out, too!

pw curly

Originally Posted by CurlyFireHorse
Holy blinding shine, Batman!

That's awesome!!!

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
Originally Posted by Laura Lee
I have got to smell this strawberry and cream VO5!

Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

I've tried the FSG twice now, so here's an early review.

First on Saturday, I washed with KBB shampoo bar, AOHR conditioner, rinsed all out and then decided to just use the FSG. I did use a ton, as recommended.
I love it's consistency, it distributes easily into my hair and the juniper smell is nice. My hair looked great while it was drying (I airdried, so it took a few hours). Once it was completely dry, I scrunched (I had very little crunch) using the butter from BB, which is really nice and light.
After scrunching, I noticed my hair looked a bit dry. I did have great curl definition and my curls were clumping well.

On Sunday, I decided to use a leave-in (KBB hair milk), then put in FSG, and some HEBE gel on top. I diffused till 70% dry, then airdried. Scrunched with BB's butter. I was outside for most of the day (soccer tournament of my little nephew, they had to play 8 short matches throughout the day). When I got home, I quickly went to check my hair, and well it looked better than I expected, again I did feel like my hair was a bit dry.

So what could cause this dryness? Is it the magnesium sulfate? I did tell BB she could use plenty, cause I never had any issues with it before. I've used Jessicurl stylers and re:coil without problems.
But I am using more of the FSG than I ever used of the re:coil/JC. I will have to keep experimenting and see if my hair reacts better to less FSG.

I will definitely order from you again, BB. I'm convinced the FSG has HG potential, I feel it just needs some fine-tuning, I just need to find what works best for my hair, maybe no/less magnesium sulfate and adding some aloe vera.

Tomorrow I will try the Brulee.
3B/3C
medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
Well, can I say that this is the most lightning fast making/shipping speed ever?! Ordered Friday, here today...geez...Love the bottle that the gelee is in, btw...now, not too sure about the scents-they both seem a bit chemical to me, for lack of a better word. Almost the smell of sea kelp bioferment, with a hint of the fragrance. Not bad, just not what I expected. It may be totally different when I use it, though-this is just based on bottle sniffing.

For those of you using both the gelee and brulee-gelee first, then brulee? That's what it looks like in this thread, but, for some reason I was thinking it would be the other way around...I have much experimenting to do, and will start tomorrow since my youngest has a severe case of strep and we will both be home (maybe new products will confuse the contageous germs and keep me from getting sick-what a great marketing ploy that would be, lol!). Thanks again, BB, and I'll report back