FSG made by Botticelli Babe!

I just wanted to post that I received my butter order yesterday. BB shipped it on Thursday and it's already here! I haven't gotten a chance to try it on my hair yet (for SOTC), but it smells delicious and feels heavenly on my skin. I'll post a review tomorrow after I do my hair. Thanks, BB!
Fotki pw: curls Updated 9-4-09
Ok, I'm really curious - what ingredients did everyone choose?

I'm thinking no on the mag sulfate for me, maybe some agave nectar. I need as much hold as possible. Our weather is crazy right now, going back and forth between the extremes (not unusual for Texas), so I don't think I'll add any humectants. All of the choices are making it hard to decide!
Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

I've been following this thread since the start, considering if I want to try this. I am curious, though. Do all of you plop and diffuse? I always air dry. Do you think it will work without diffusing? I don't use gel on my hair, just what you would call curl enhancers for moisture. I don't look for hold in a product, I like moisture. Maybe this isn't for me. But you all make it sound really good to my PJ!!!!!
Originally Posted by scarriecarrie
Yes, I can imagine either the thicker gelee or the brulee would work well for you. I always plop and diffuse, and I tried a combo of both over a leave-in (I wanted to try it without any other products, but I started to add my leave-in out of habit!). I used the gelee like I would CK, and then used the brulee over it like I would my gel. I plopped for about 3 hours (again, accidentally, I fell asleep. I normally plop for 20 minutes, or overnight), and diffused. It gave me nice, clumpy, SHINY, fluffy curls, feels nice and lightweight, and smells amazing! I would like a liiiiitle more hold, but I really didn't use a lot of the brulee, so I'll be more generous with that next time. I can see how you could easily incorporate these into your routine with other products, too!! Good stuff.
Ok, I'm really curious - what ingredients did everyone choose?

Originally Posted by curlyjenn10
I just chose mag sulfate. When I order again I am going to ask BB to add some agave, so please let me know how that works for you. I love how this stuff makes my hair feel, but I want more hold.
CurlyFireHorse
Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
I used the butter today to SOTC. My hair wasn't completely dry yet, but I had to go and hate going out with crunchy hair. I emulsified a dab about half the size of a pea, and my hair must have just soaked it up--it doesn't look greasy at all. I'll try using a bit more when I wet my hair again on Wednesday, but I'm definitely liking it so far!
Fotki pw: curls Updated 9-4-09
Bump...BB have you gotten your new fragrances in yet? I will need to reorder soon.
CurlyFireHorse
Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Originally Posted by CurlyFireHorse
I'm not sure how big the list was before, but it's really long now! It's over in her fotki.

I just placed an order. I got the gelee in lemongrass with agave nectar, the brulee in cupcake, and the butter! Now I'll attempt to be patient
Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

Ah yes! There are a TON of new fragrances in the list on my fotki, plus I have a few more coming this week! Thank you for asking - these days I'm getting so fogbrained that I have to either write everything down, or risk forgetting!
BB

BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
Daaaaaang BB. That's some stock pile you have going on there.

I wish I lived nearby, so I could stop in and sniff everything :P
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
Daaaaaang BB. That's some stock pile you have going on there.

I wish I lived nearby, so I could stop in and sniff everything :P
Originally Posted by MimsTX
Heehee! I know - it's hard to make a decision sometimes...that's why I have so much stuff in my scent inventory now, because I couldn't decide without sniffing, either!! *rofl* Maybe I need to get some perfume tester strips so if someone wants to 'niff something, I can include a scent strip with their order. That way the next time they order something, they don't have to blindly try out a new scent.

Hmm...why do I always come up with ideas that cause me more trouble? *lol*
BB

BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
oooooooooh but that's a good idea!!!
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
oooooooooh but that's a good idea!!!
Originally Posted by MimsTX
That sounds like a GREAT idea! Already off the bat I see about 16 fragrances that sound tempting!
2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

Poo: Jessicurl HCC, As I Am
Conditioners: Aubrey Organics, KCKT, CJ HBDT, Darcy's Botanicals
Leave In/Styling: KCCC, Darcy's Botanicals, SS
Favorites (HG): KCCC; spiral solutions jelly; darcy's botanicals, FSG
No-No's: castor oil, beeswax, glycerine, silicones
LOVE: aloe vera, agave nectar, shea butter, flax seed gel; good DT's once a week
password: curly
I used a pea-size dab of the butter today to SOTC. I swear my hands soaked up half of it while I was emulsifying it before I could even get it into my hair. Both my skin and hair are just eating this stuff up--and the scent is definitely tempting my tastebuds.

After I finished SOTC and was fluffing my roots a little in the bathroom on campus, another girl in there starting gushing about how gorgeous my hair was. I'm going to attribute that comment to the butter--thanks, BB!
Fotki pw: curls Updated 9-4-09
I got my order today! That's super fast turn-around! I decided to use the FSG by itself. Good results! I still have to experiment with it. I posted some pics on my blog.

Just got back from dinner. Before I could even order, I got "Your hair is GORGEOUS!" Thanks BB!
Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

Jenn, I just looked at your blog, and your hair is gorgeous! Gel or not, I love your curls and length . I used some different AfroVeda products for the first time today (a milk followed by cream) and topped it off with BB's gelee. Not a ton-more than with other gels, but less than when I used the gelee before, and I had great hold. It was neither too moisturizing and flat, nor too stiff...just right. I think what amazes me about her gel is that it is so versatile. Now if I can only find a way for the brulee to work for me...
Aw, thanks Curly Girl Fla! You're one of my hair idols!
Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

I've been using the Gelee and the Brulee for 3 weeks now. I have used them on top of CK, GLI and SheaM separately and layered with CK plus one leave-in. I use a palm-ful for the back sides and front while upside down and a palm-ful on the top and back while right side up. I scrunch out the excess water with my towel, plop for anywhere from 10 minutes to 30 minutes and when I take it down, I use a pea-size of the Brulee to scrunch into my ends. I then use another pea-size of the Brulee emulsified in my hands and run them over the top of my hair. I air dry and I have the most beautiful, well-defined curls. I even have great clumping and that doesn't always happen. I have good hold and low to no frizz right through to the end of the day.

I don't know how it will hold up in the hot Florida summer, but so far, I feel that I've have good success with it. I think you may have something great on your hands BB!
3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
-wabi-sabi

I just wanted to mention that today I tried just using FSG and diffusing (something I rarely do) and the FSG held up great under the diffuser. Not quite as frizz free as air dried, but the curls have held well all day. I'd definitely use a diffuser with this stuff again

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
BB, I just PMed you my order for some of the FSG too! Thanks so much for all your help today, I'm really excited to try this!
CG since 1/09. Protein and Mag Sulfate sensitive.
Hair Type - 3A.
Co-wash - Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner.
Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.