FSG made by Botticelli Babe!

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but just received my package of FSG and her conditioner. They smell wonderful!!

Just thought someone might want to know that she is still sending out products!
Growing out my curls. White hair, fine to medium texture but a lot of it. Low to medium porosity. Botticelli curls -- 2c/3a mix. My hair loves protein.
CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
Co-wash: TJ Nourish
Protein: CJ Repair Me
Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.

Just thought someone might want to know that she is still sending out products!
Originally Posted by pigreyhound
Thanks for posting. Her products are TERRIFIC and I love that you can customize scents.

How long between placing the order and receiving the products, if I may ask?

Thanks again...

Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
Well, it took a full two weeks, but I do live in a remote area so I find things take awhile to get to me unless they originate on the east coast.
I really like the conditioner and the FSG gives soft hold and keeps my hair soft. I think I will like the FSG even more when my hair grows out again and my curls are able to form in more of a regular pattern. I find the FSG isn't giving me enough hold right now since my hair is so short and I need something to support some sort of style.
CG since '08.

Cleanser: (Summer) Beautiful Curls Nurturing shampoo or Kathymack's soap bars
Co-wash: TJ Nourish
Protein: CJ Repair Me
Styling products: (Summer) BB Styling Mudd
Gel: (Summer) BRHG, Upper Management gel.
Originally Posted by pigreyhound
I want to order the conditioner this time round (I got a sample last time). And I want coordinating scents. I do want to see how it performs in summer, as I hate to have a lot of products in my hair that will feel sticky in humid weather. I know it performed very nicely in winter, but on a couple of rainy days, gave some support, but not as much as some people like, I'm sure. It's no a hard hold product, it's a curl enhancing and soft-hair product.

I like soft hair.

Thanks for the reply. Two weeks is not unreasonable at all for a custom-scented, homemade product.

Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
Originally Posted by Spiralli

Yep. My fave reactivators are SS CEJ, CJ CCCC Lite and BB FSG. None of those make me crunchy. I also use CIAB for this, but I like the previous better.

Originally Posted by Spiralli
The first time I made FSG (BB's recipe with added honey and EO), I filled up my bottles and had some left over. I was on 2nd day hair and was planning on co-washing the next day...soooo I just slathered/scrunched it in dry hair - about a golf ball size. I let it dry, didn't SOTC, then put it up in a pineapple overnight. Took out my pineapple the next morning, SOTCed - WOW - my hair has never been curlier AND I had root lift!

♫ ♪ ♫ Aaaaahhhhhh ♪ ♫ clouds parting...angels singing
2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"
I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
I sent BotticelliBabe a message through her etsy page a couple days ago about the FSG. I basically explained that I found out about it through this forum and that I didn't know what kind of ingredients would be best. I haven't heard a response yet, should I try to send her another message?

Originally Posted by asianrunner
She replies through Etsy. Took her a week to reply to me before so I'd say give it that.

Originally Posted by asianrunner
Originally Posted by Naturalista
Thanks!
I dunno...she rocks for me - awesome response and quick shipping!
Anytime she falls behind its with good reason.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Wanted to update that I heard back from her today (took about a week) with a very detailed but easy to understand formulas for the different products I want to try. I just explained how my hair behaves without products and how I'd like it to behave!

I'm really excited to try everything. DH would kill me if he found out how much $$ I'm spending on hair care products but it's totally worth it!
Still experimenting with Mystery Gel.(I had previously tested the gel with SS CEJ). New Pics up of me using it with:

air-dried, then diffused, then DevaFused roots.

Then added Dust It to crown roots and smoothed the frizz that action produced with some CJ CIAB (and added some to overconditioned lower curls that looked like Octopus Ends)

Attached Thumbnails
FSG made by Botticelli Babe!-may19of2010cj-fsg-mystery-gel-ciab-dust-.jpg   FSG made by Botticelli Babe!-may-19-10-w-cj-fsg-myst-gel-ciab-dust-back.jpg   FSG made by Botticelli Babe!-may19-2010-side.jpg

Originally Posted by MirCurls
Lookin good, but this should be under my dewpoint styling thread!! :P *teases* hehe...

can't wait to get my FSG/FSB refill!! I splurged and got the conditioning smoothie too. I saw your thread re: castile soap and I did see it but since I didnt like how Dr. Bronner's did my hair I wasnt tempted to try. 23 buck shipping you say?! Umm.. heck to da no!

Originally Posted by Naturalista
I know, right?

I tried to find that dewpont thread to post it, but my eyes just maybe went spastic. Couldn't find it.

I just got home and I guess I need something stronger for this really muggy and warm day. I did get surface frizz. I've been mostly frizz-free for a while and got spoiled.

Originally Posted by MirCurls
I get ONE day frizz free and I'm spoiled!! LOL!! Sometimes I wonder if my frizz free days are illusions/hallucinations of the mind. I need to figure out how to make them happen more often.

Facebook|Twitter
Well, I ordered from BB today--Suds, FSG, FSB, body butter. White Musk. Mmmm. Got less than I wanted to minimize shipping (well, it came out to $11, not $23)

I posted with pics about my FSG use on Wednesday: FSG made by Botticelli Babe!

I added new pics on Fotki (since I'm testing Mystery Gel), and it's my 3rd day hair with FSG and Mystery Gel. I did not rewet, remoisturize, or do anything to hair in these three days other than smooth canopy this AM with a minute amount of FSG, cause the frizz was pretty bad.

I was gonna wash today, but I think if I scrunch in some FSG and spritz a bit with water, I might be able to get through until tomorrow. I think I can actually make it work.

Temp: 79, Dew Point 71, Humidity 73% when pics were taken in MIAMI.

Pics here for those who care about FSG's peformance in subtropical late spring weather: http://public.fotki.com/MirCurls/hai...cts/page2.html

Here are a couple of 3rd day pics a few hours after pineapple removal and that smoothing with FSG to kill uberfrizz:
Attached Thumbnails
FSG made by Botticelli Babe!-mysterygel-3rd-day-5-21-10-babe-under-tuck-fold-gloss-gerbera-blush.jpg   FSG made by Botticelli Babe!-mysterygel-5-21-10-3rd-day.jpg

Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

MirCurls, your hair pics -- especially in post #433 -- are great. Some of the prettiest frizz-free curls I have seen in a long time! You definitely make me want to order some BB FSG.
Originally Posted by Spiralli
Oh, thank you so much for the compliment! That was first day hair and nicely frizz free (though I got some frizz by afternoon due to increasing moisture in air).

You never tried the BB FSG? I see in your avatar...looks like you have lots of hair. Did you see pics of BB's hair? It's pretty amazing! Her curls are insane and frizzless.

I'm happy with my hair with this style and these products. It's not perfect (I would so prefer more crown height/volume), but my hair has thinned (health and age reasons) and I hate seeing my scalp through my crown hair. Ugh. I remember when I had dense, dense hair up there. But quality products and getting rid of rough sulfates have helped immensely. The CG system works, and I'm not even perfect CG, I'm modified.

Try it. I love that I can pick my fragrance. That's a plus.

Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

The avatar is not me, but my curls are similar when not frizzing. .

Oh what the heck. You have convinced me. I am going to order some this weekend. I figure if I don't love it, another curly will. I will probably play with it a few times after I get it, but with the humidity kicking in now I may have to save it for regular use in fall/winter.

I wonder how the FSG will do for my dry non-shiny graying curls.

Last edited by Spiralli; 05-21-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: fixed typos