FSG made by Botticelli Babe!

finch are you an every day washer or are you on day 4 of your original wash?
Originally Posted by DEL2C
Oh Lord heck no, I'm not on day 4 of my original wash. LOL. I have never been able to get the fabled "second day hair." I'm convinced it's only something that 3b's and up get.

I rinse with water every day in the shower, co-wash about twice a week.
Originally Posted by finch
Nope, not true! lol, I've learned that it's possible, I just have to not be to picky and "perfectionist" on it. I usually have a bit more frizz/flyaways on 2+ day hair, but it's totally possible. You just have to find the right routine and products that give you awesome 1st day hair with GREAT hold, that doesn't weigh you down. If the hold's not there, the curls won't survive the night. if it's too heavy, the roots go flat and look gross.
Originally Posted by MimsTX
I've got second day hair too! This is only the third or fourth time I've gotten second day hair ever. And this time I've not had to pull it back. I didn't even pineapple last night, just slept on it down and woke up with very little frizz. Just smoothed it down with dry hands and it looks great.

I think the key for me is I used A LOT of this gel yesterday. I mean a lot, like 2 oz. or more. Since it's cheap and I'd just made another batch I didn't really care if I "wasted" it so thought I'd experiment and WOW was it a good experiment. I just used my White Rain for co-wash then used the same as a leave-in, scrunched out the water with my hands then with a flour sack towel and scrunched in a ton of FSG. Diffused until 100% and scrunched with dry hands - but only a very little bit.

If this routine holds out tomorrow I will have reached my hair nirvana - TWO PRODUCTS ONLY - conditioner and gel. Thanks again BB for such a great product!
< member since 2006. No idea where 1969 came from.
She is not a witch, or a fairy princess. She's putting contraband substances (like ecstasy for your hair or something) in it. That's why she won't tell us what she's REALLY doing.

Or, you know, it's like eye of newt or something. In which case, I don't even know where to buy that.
Originally Posted by onethousandcurls
*rofl*

-vs-

You be the judge!

Originally Posted by eche428
You're very welcome, eche! I do highly recommend using more of the flax gel than you normally would of any other styler, because I'm convinced the more you use, the better. Besides - I've found that it can be underdone, but it's really REALLY hard to overdo it, because it never weighs you down.

Isn't it neat to only need TWO THINGS???? I had three for my trip to Texas over Christmas (LVPNG, FSG, and hair butter), but man...that was a HUGE imporovement over last spring! *lol* It's so nice to travel light!!

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
Dude, being a witch is way cooler.

I was just telling Del2C that I really don't mind not getting 2nd day hair and "having" to wash daily. It means I'm getting a shower every day, which is a luxury to me, as I have 2 young special needs kiddos. Hell, going pee alone (or without someone banging on/crying at the door while I'm in there) is a rare and cherished treat.

BB can put dried cow pies in there if she wants to, I don't care. I love the stuff.
Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. My hair hates protein, apparently.

Of course that's because the best newts eyes must be collected at dawn on the day of the full moon when it forms a perfect trine with venus and the sun is in Aquarius.

Wool of bat now that's a whole 'nother story....
Originally Posted by KookyCurl

Who told?!?!

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
Dude, being a witch is way cooler.

Originally Posted by finch
*snicker* Hey - dried cow pies or eye of newt...it's still all-natural, isn't it?

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
Hmm.. now the question is.. does the FSG work better than KCCC? (I haven't tried either yet, gasp!)
3b/c coarse, porous (I think), and THICK! Mod CG since: 10/11/08
Avoiding humectants and protein!
I have to thank botticelli and the posts on here AGAIN -because today I got SO many compliments on my hair - really great ones too!!! and I was just so happy with it all day - a rarity!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
this is some amazing - and simple - stuff! I had to tell my coworkers to go and try it for themselves - they were amazed that I even could whip this up myself (yes, not the greatest of chemists here!)
SO well worth trying it out or having Botticelli make it for you!!! I LOVE IT!!!!
............
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

for the love of the lens...

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
finch are you an every day washer or are you on day 4 of your original wash?
Originally Posted by DEL2C

I rinse with water every day in the shower, co-wash about twice a week.
Originally Posted by MimsTX
Totally agree - I think my record is 11 days but typically go 5-7 between wetting downs or full washes. As mims said, you have to be more tolerant of frizz but I don't get significantly more most of the time. Pineappling gives me root lift. Better than Day 1 hair actually.

And onethousandcurls, I think you may be onto something. She certainly seems awfully happy all the time.
Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
Originally Posted by curlicarly
I'll let you know!!! When I made my last batch it actually reminded me of KCCC when it was drying. Unfortunately, it didn't hold up all day w/o poof which is why I ordered it from BB The weird thing is that KCCC I can use BRHG for hold and it works great, the FSG didn't work well with BRHG for me it worked better by itself.
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

BB what does mag sulfate do? I wonder if my hair likes it, I have a ton of jessicurl that I still haven't tried so I don't know if my hair will tolerate it. What is it like?
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
[quote=BotticelliBabe;854801]

2 c water, cool from the tap
1/4 whole flax seeds (can use dark, but I prefer golden)
UP TO 1/4 tablespoon magnesium sulfate, if your hair can handle it
Originally Posted by jsocurleigh
Jenn- 3A
My weapons of choice: KCCC, BRHG, Jessicurl: GLS, Gelabration, CC, AG: Re:coil, hard gel, mousse gel, shampoo bars, dairy whip, Curl keeper, KCKT, KBB milk, HETT, AVG, Honey

[quote=JenniKS;855919]

2 c water, cool from the tap
1/4 whole flax seeds (can use dark, but I prefer golden)
UP TO 1/4 tablespoon magnesium sulfate, if your hair can handle it
CO wash/Cond: LVPNG, Kenra, TIGI MM
Styling: GDLI, CK and any gel
VISIT MY ETSY SHOP: www.dreambelledesign.etsy.com
fotki pw: hair

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
Originally Posted by empressri
Well, as far as I know, the main reason to use it is for curl enhancament. Of course, in large amounts it can function as a preservative, but I don't think that's the main reason it's used. Besides - if your hair doesn't like it or you use too much, your hair can get dry, strawlike, and really tangly.

I ran a bunch of tests with my FSG, adding more and more magsulfate until my hair freaked out, and then I backed off. I figure with as sensitive as my hair is to it, if I could handle that amount, then almost anyone could. So the level of magsulfate that I add for myself gives me optimum curl enhancement but minimal dryness and frizz.

Missed you, BTW!

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter

Last edited by BotticelliBabe; 01-24-2009 at 08:33 PM.
[QUOTE=susieQ730;855966]

1/4 cup
Originally Posted by JenniKS
Whoops! Sorry - I was trying to do it fast. Yeah - it's 1/4 c. Thanks susieQ!

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
I got my FSG today from BB - talk about lightening fast! Everybody knows by now that I have the patience of a gnat - I start looking for the delivery guy about 10 minutes after I order something, so this was fabulous - instant gratification .

So anyway, I had to go try it asap - and wow, this stuff is fantastic. I have great curl definition and zero frizz, and my hair doesn't feel like I have any product in it at all. I don't have any idea how much I actually used, it's thin and runny (close to the consistency of CK), so I just kept going with it.
I can't keep my hands out of it, I hope I don't poof myself out in an hour, lol.
Thank you BB!
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

Seriously, you guys are making it really hard to resist ordering! I just ordered new products a few days ago and the inner PJ is already rearing it's ugly head.
CG since 6/15/08!
Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

Originally Posted by curlyjenn10
It's so worth it!

I think we need an "PJ Enabler's Anonymous" category on this forum. And maybe a "Non-hair discussion for those with a sense of humor" category while we're at it.
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

Yay April! So glad it got there fast, and I'm so glad you like it!!

Originally Posted by empressri

Missed you, BTW!
Originally Posted by BotticelliBabe
thanks lovely, and ive missed you too!!! darn these late hours!!! you know im dying to try your concoction!!!
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders