FSG made by Botticelli Babe!

I described my hair/situation as best I could and let BB pick what to put in because I had no idea. The card she sent with it says there is "grapeseed oil, agave, tangerine EO" in it. I just didn't notice that it did anything special, really. It probably is a great product for a lot of people (who probably already know what works for them), just not me.

Originally Posted by aliquot
because it has aloe vera, seaemollient, agave nectar and silk proteins in it.. All of which could be added to your FSG and voila! For the gold, honeyquat would definitely rock your world.

Originally Posted by Naturalista
I know it is, which is why I don't want to spend the time/money to try to perfect it when I can just use SSCEJ. Because if I can tweak a product infinitely, I will probably NEVER stop and will never be happy with it lol

Also it smelled pretty rank. :|

Originally Posted by aliquot
that's it? no aloe or mag sulphate? I think that what you have is just too bare bones but that's just my opinion I'm not a chemist or anything. It smelled rank? She's got like a bizzillion scents to add maybe you just didn't like the tangerine or didn't she add a fragrance to it? Did you freeze the entire batch? If you didn't (I hope you didn't) you can try adding some FOTE to it and maybe experiment by adding a pinch of mag sulphate too, but you would have to test small batches. Obviously your hair likes Aloe since the CEJ works for ya. These things are cheap at least so it may be worth a shot to salvage your hard earned money spent.

then there's the swap board......
2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
AG MousseGel
BRHG

Also it smelled pretty rank. :|
Originally Posted by aliquot

How much of the SSCEJ do you use and do you use anything else with it? There's no hold so do you use a gel?
3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.

Originally Posted by Naturalista
Where do you all get the silk proteins, honeyquat, and preservatives? I wouldn't mind making my own, but don't know where to look for the additives (I have agave nectar and have seen aloe vera gel in Whole Foods).

cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)

Originally Posted by Naturalista

Thanks. I found most of what I need. The only thing I didn't find are the essential oil (at least not a scent I want) but I've seen those in Whole Foods, too.

I'm afraid to order, though, because I have no idea how much of each of these I should add. I'm afraid I would be experimenting forever!!!!

Originally Posted by curlyserf
Usually the recipe thread has this info. BB actually posted her recipe as a thread ages ago and folks still reply on that thread. All you need to do is ask.

The thread is called no fail flax seed gel

Facebook|Twitter

then there's the swap board......
Originally Posted by wavysue
Well, I didn't pick it because at the time when I ordered it (December 24) I was kind of just starting and had no idea what I was doing. The expert picked it. I'd rather cut my losses and stick with what is working for now. I did ask for a citrus-y scent, but that tangerine eo is ew. Not her fault.

Originally Posted by KarenRB53
I use two pumps or so over my LI. However much that is lol. And yes, I use a gel over it. Whatever I have lying around at the time, I'm not too committed to one gel at the moment.

Styling - Re:Coil and CJCQ
Finally got mine and started using it--just once, thus far. I put CJCQ over it for hold. I used a ton of the BB FSG...my hair came out pretty nice, but the jury is still out. I want to see how it works the 2nd time I use it. I'm really hoping for something that will perk up my wurls--especially the too-short layers I'm waiting to grow out long enough to curl better.
Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair

Stylers:
KCCC

Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

Yep it can last indefinitely in the freezer. What's the issue exactly and what were your additives ladies?
Originally Posted by Naturalista
My ingred.s " spring water, organic flax seed extract, natural thickener, preservative. May contain mag. sulfate, agave nectar, clver, honey, beneficial oile, glycerine, aloe vera extract and\or fragrant"

I was confused when I looked at the ingredients. I told her my hair properties, my current issues\low dews & the ingredients I did\didn't want. The list on my bottle contains most ingred.s I said I didn't want & the ingred.s I said I wanted are non-existant?! I'm stumped. Looks like I'll give it a try in the summer, but I'll try to make my own after this batch.

Oh yes, my hair went super flat, no curl definition & a nice halo of frizz was the icing on my head.
properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
Stylers-FSG & BRHG
PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT

Originally Posted by stefflynh
The package comes with a little card where she writes what exactly she put in YOURS.

Styling - Re:Coil and CJCQ
Oh no! I didn't see a card. I'm sure it was in there somewhere. I guess I threw it away. Ugh. I could try to email her, maybe she still has my ingredients?
properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
Stylers-FSG & BRHG
PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT
Originally Posted by stefflynh
Its on the etsy under your past orders I think.

Facebook|Twitter
Wow-just read through all 30 pgs about BB's wonderful FSG! I am wondering which of her products would be most beneficial for my hair-FSG, Brulee and or hair butter (or all 3!!). I have 3a curls, high porosity, course, thick hair. I sent her an email but wanted to see what you curlies thought. What additives would be good for my hair type? TIA

Originally Posted by Naturalista
I'm making my own tonight. I wasn't sure about putting in both honeyquat and agave nectar. Would it be too much for my fine hair?

Originally Posted by curlyserf
Nope. Honeyquat is a smoothing/shine agent that has conditioning/wet-detangling properties and agave is for the hold. All perfect for someone like you.

Now, with the agave, 2 tablespoons = like a level 6-7 hold for me (note my hair texture/porosity in my siggy). I just wanted to say that you give you an idea of how powerful it is.

Originally Posted by Naturalista
Thanks! How much honeyquat?