FSG made by Botticelli Babe!

If only it could be shipped over to me *sigh* I love FSG but now Im really curious to try your own special version!

I do have a question because Im not sure if I am boiling the seeds right- I put the water in the pan and heat it on high until it boils, then I put the Flaxseeds in and turn the heat to low. Leave it to simmer for 10 mins- while stirring every few minutes of so, sometimes it bubbles up but I just stir it back down again. Then I pour the whole mixture through a sieve into a jug. Am I over boiling them?

Also I have just started adding Grapefruit seed extract and honey so I dont have to keep it in the fridge. This makes it go a pale milky white colour- is this normal?

Thanks- thought I might as well as the expert here. How r the names for ur products going BB?

It's so worth it!

I think we need an "PJ Enabler's Anonymous" category on this forum. And maybe a "Non-hair discussion for those with a sense of humor" category while we're at it.
Originally Posted by AprilnUtah
I noticed that you just registered around the time this thread was started. You didn't realize the addictions this site causes, LOL!!

Product Junkie Anonymous

I used to want everything. Now, I've become a more discriminating pj--and proud of it!

I ordered some as soon as I found out it could be frozen to make it last longer since I know I don't need any more products. I was just afraid BB wouldn't be making it by the time I was needing some so I had to get my order in.
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/
Originally Posted by amy51373
I knew the PJ's here would be all over BB once I posted my review, so I made sure to check with her before posting it. She says she's ready for the influx of orders.
Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. My hair hates protein, apparently.

It's so worth it!

Originally Posted by AprilnUtah

Product Junkie Anonymous

Originally Posted by kathymack
KM, that thread is hilarious!! Thanks
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

Originally Posted by amy51373
Originally Posted by finch
You know me all to well!!
mostly 3a/i/F
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Rotating a lot!
Blog: http://amy51373.blogspot.com/
Where/how do you purchase MagSulfate?

And how about using spring water, like the gallons they sell at the grocery store?

Originally Posted by mickalia
Epsom salt is mag sulfate.
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

Gosh I'm weak. Why oh why do I come to this area of the forum?? I don't have a kitchen at school, or easy access to a store for that matter, so I'm PMing BB as soon as I post this..

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!

Originally Posted by mickalia
Hi - I tried making the FSG with tap water last week a few different times and it didn't do much at all for my hair. I started to wonder if the problem might be with my tap water, which is very soft. So, I bought a gallon of distilled water (99 cents at Target), and made it twice this weekend. That made a HUGE difference! This stuff is great! So, if you live in an area that has very soft water, you might want to try that!
Mostly 3A, some 3B/2C fine-med texture/med porosity/low density

wash: alternate co-washing with V05 & soap bars
Rinse out: Rotate TJ's N&S, AOHR, LVPNG, GVP K-Pak, CJ CA Daily Condish
ACV rinses 2x/wk (high pH water)
LI: if I use one, it's usually CJ CALI CJ H&B LI, or GDLI
Styling: FSG with AVG, AN, hemp seed oil & slippery elm (winter only), KCCC, CJ CCCC, CJ SG, CJ AFG, AOMM & BRHG

Currently experimenting w/DM Miracurls CG & MM
ok, so question...

got my bottle from BB (THANKS!). What's the consistency meant to be like? Mine's REALLY watery... like, no where near a gel-like consistency. Normal?
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
The water I use to make the Gelee comes straight from my tap, but we have numerous springs on our property, and no filtration system (never needed it! the water is oh so clear and cold!). Part of the miraculous nature of my FSG might be something as simple as the water I use and the mineral content of that water. It seems so simple, but yet it's a very large part of the equation. City water may have additives like chlorine and flouride that might offset the final result, and my well water is obviously unique in its makeup.
Originally Posted by BotticelliBabe
I am riveted by this FSG discussion ... and it makes me want to try and make some too! Right now, I only have flaxseed meal so I will have to buy some seeds instead. I am going to pick up some bottled spring water too ....
2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG

yup, I'm an unabashed PJ!
For up to $10 off at iherb.com, use this code: DEY827

Last edited by curlsAbound; 01-26-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: oops!

Normal. Snotty too.
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
-wabi-sabi

That's what mine's like,Mims, but I make my own. It seems snot-like and thick when I'm boiling it but always gets thinner and watery after it cools. It still works great though.

Tonight I'm making another batch so will boil it longer to try to get it thicker.
< member since 2006. No idea where 1969 came from.
ok, cool just wanted to be sure.

It was really warm here this weekend (ice storm tonight... oy, texas...) and I wanted to make sure it hadn't gone weird.

Look forward to trying it in the morning!!!
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG

Originally Posted by MimsTX
Very normal, Mims - fear not! Just shake it well before each use, use plenty (I have yet to overdo it with this stuff!), and scrunch well.

Here's today's major application tip for those who get broken clumps and want their ends nice (like me!): after applying generously from root to tip, and scrunching well all the way to the root (I've been using the scrunch and pump with much success), I use my wide toothed comb on just my ends to reclump and "put things in order". Then I scrunch out the excess water and gel with a dry flour sack towel, and plop into a different flour sack towel for however long (insert your own timeframe here). The biggest tip I can give you with FSG - especially the stuff I make - is to not be stingy. I swear to you - it is nearly impossible to overdo, and it should not weigh you down at all!

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
ok, cool just wanted to be sure.

Look forward to trying it in the morning!!!
Originally Posted by MimsTX
Looking terribly forward to hearing how it works for you!!!!

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
Ok, so a lot of you probably know that I couldn't get the FSG to work for me which is why I decided to ask Babe to mix me up her batch. I explained to this Lovely woman my issues with HOLD and why I was hesitant to try it. She mentioned that she had whipped up her Brulee concoction and that it would work for me to help with hold. So she made my FSG with exta hold and special carrier oil for my hair type. TALK ABOUT SERVICE!!!!! All I can say is this COMBO ROCKS!!! I didn't use a Leave In as she suggested. The Gel and Brulee are plenty moisturizing. I'm still not sure how much of the FSG my hair can take so I tried to not be stingy but was afraid to over-do it. I knew the Brulee had hold too. I just put little puddles of FSG on each section of my hair then topped off with a nice dollop and that was it. I got nicely formed waves, no producty feel cuz it's natural. What else can I say???

BB You are AWESOME BAYBEEEEE!!!!! Can't wait to see what else you got up your sleeve
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Last edited by DEL2C; 01-26-2009 at 09:58 PM.

Originally Posted by DEL2C
what's brulee?
Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

[/B]
Aww Del - you're too kind.

Yeah, the brulee is hard to describe, but when I tested it, I really liked how well it held AND how well it moisturized. Four days later when I washed my hair again, it still felt soft and satiny, and that never happens on wash day. In fact, that's how I usually know it's time to wash - my hair loses it's silkiness and starts to feel like a well-used brillo pad. Oh yeah - and I ONLY used the brulee so I'd have a pure test, and I didn't add anything else at all over the course of the four days until the next wash. Pretty amazing stuff, if I do say so myself!