FSG made by Botticelli Babe!

Ok, so a lot of you probably know that I couldn't get the FSG to work for me which is why I decided to ask Babe to mix me up her batch. I explained to this Lovely woman my issues with HOLD and why I was hesitant to try it. She mentioned that she had whipped up her Brulee concoction and that it would work for me to help with hold. So she made my FSG with exta hold and special carrier oil for my hair type. TALK ABOUT SERVICE!!!!! All I can say is this COMBO ROCKS!!! I didn't use a Leave In as she suggested. The Gel and Brulee are plenty moisturizing. I'm still not sure how much of the FSG my hair can take so I tried to not be stingy but was afraid to over-do it. I knew the Brulee had hold too. I just put little puddles of FSG on each section of my hair then topped off with a nice dollop and that was it. I got nicely formed waves, no producty feel cuz it's natural. What else can I say???

BB You are AWESOME BAYBEEEEE!!!!! Can't wait to see what else you got up your sleeve
what's brulee?
Originally Posted by empressri
That's my other new concoction - it's ivory to pale yellow in color, and looks a lot like vanilla pudding in color and consistency. It's got hold, but moisture, too - I'm quite impressed with how it turned out!

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
I deleted the PM making room so now I've lost her description of it!! It's not as heavy as a butter but heavier then the FSG. If I remember correctly it's Aloe, Flax and other oils so it's a thicker consistency like a thick gel but not like BRHG. It's hard to describe?! BB will see this and give a better description. It has an earthy scent, I got mine in Vanilla but I wish I had stuck to the Juniper like my FSG. She said it's OK to add some of my own EO to it though.

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Aww Del - you're too kind.

Yeah, the brulee is hard to describe, but when I tested it, I really liked how well it held AND how well it moisturized. Four days later when I washed my hair again, it still felt soft and satiny, and that never happens on wash day. In fact, that's how I usually know it's time to wash - my hair loses it's silkiness and starts to feel like a well-used brillo pad. Oh yeah - and I ONLY used the brulee so I'd have a pure test, and I didn't add anything else at all over the course of the four days until the next wash. Pretty amazing stuff, if I do say so myself!
Originally Posted by BotticelliBabe
err....you still didn't tell me WHAT it is!!! lol was it a different way of making your fsg? or something else?

Originally Posted by DEL2C

ooooooooooh that sounds good!!!!

[/B]
Oh yeah - I forgot, it has a decent amount of slip and encourages clumping. Well, for me, anyway - we all know every curly head of hair is like a snowflake...no two alike! Which is actually why the brulee is pretty cool, because it works great for both me and Del, and our hair is crazy different.

The juniper is a really nice scent, isn't it? That reminds me - it's so popular, I'n going to have to order some more soon!

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
Aww Del - you're too kind.

Originally Posted by empressri
*rofl* Forgive me - I'm trying to put the little curly back to sleep at the same time I'm typing this.

Ok, the brulee is like a thick gel cream. It's got aloe, flax gel, glycerine, oils...of course it's all natural cuz I'm not smart enough to play with chemicals yet. It has a really different consistency that's kind of hard to describe - somewhere between moisturizing and snotty with equal parts creamy and soft. It gave me really good hold without feeling producty or weighed down, and it never made me greasy.

Does that help at all?

Originally Posted by BotticelliBabe
BB we gotta stop posting at the same time!!

Yeah my hair will never look like BB's but it's still pretty neat that we can use the same products and get such great results! I really like the way this combo helped the texture of my hair so that it's softer and not POOFY but still plenty of waves going on

I really like the texture of the Brulee smooth and not heavy!

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Last edited by DEL2C; 01-26-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Originally Posted by DEL2C
I'm gonna have to buy you a tripod so we can see pics of your hair with brulee and FSG!

Originally Posted by BotticelliBabe
I took some pics but haven't uploaded them yet. I'll let you know when they're in my Fotki

Originally Posted by DEL2C
*rofl* You KNEW I'd want to see, didn't you??

Originally Posted by DEL2C
*rofl* You KNEW I'd want to see, didn't you??
Originally Posted by BotticelliBabe
OF COURSE! I know I'll like it even more when I get some of my length back. I had a trim last week and it still feels a little weird. I'll have to take pics again in a couple weeks and see how it evolves!

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

hehehe yes it helps, and now i want some. think it would work on these tight curls??

Originally Posted by empressri
I think it would moisturize and define with some hold - not sure if you want to elongate or if it would do it (I'm always trying for tigher curls myself!), but I think it would make your hair feel great for sure! It might even be good for twists, now that I think about it.

Originally Posted by BotticelliBabe

im not picky, sometimes i want them a bit stretched, other times i dont mine a big full do. i LOVED that butter and this sounds fabulous. would i use your fsg and brulee together??

Originally Posted by empressri
You most certainly could! Del did (I hope she doesn't mind if I tell you all that she just put those pics up in her fotki!), and the only reason I didn't was for the sake of the almightly test. *lol* You could also use the butter (glad you liked that!!! it's the very same one I'm going to sell, and I have the recipe so I can duplicate it over and over ) if you have any left, that is, to SOTC. Now THAT would be ultimate moisture!

Originally Posted by BotticelliBabe

i have a little left, i like on dry hair. im trying to see del's fotki but it's saying i have the wrong password!!!

[/B]
oh wait im in im in!! i want both!!

[/B]
So, I got my FSG from BB a few days ago. I really like it!! It gives me great clumps and encourages tighter curls for me. I will get pics soon, and post them. Thanks BB!!
Katina, 3a redhead with spirals/waves
My Faves:
CJ CCCC Lite, Mirracurls gel, Marie Dean Curly Styling Cream
Forever missing Rachel
born still 9-19-09
RAINBOW baby Olivia born 10-8-10
My little curly cutie:

oh wait im in im in!! i want both!!
Originally Posted by empressri
*lol* Not a problem sweet pea! Check out my listing on the swap board and pick your options, then just PM me and we'll go from there! The brulee and butter aren't listed there (yet), but just remind me about them (if you need more butter, that is) and I'll take care of it.

I love you guys so much!

Originally Posted by Katina128
You're welcome, Katina, but I should really be thanking you guys! I'm so glad to be able to share this finally. I'm just so glad it's working so well for everyone!

Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
Here's the listing on the swap board, in case anybody wants it and can't find it:

Organic, all natural flax seed gelee made to order!