-   -   FSG made by Botticelli Babe! (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/66811-fsg-made-botticelli-babe.html)

finch 01-21-2009 07:53 AM

FSG made by Botticelli Babe!

I had reached the end of my rope and was off the CG wagon, desperate for anything to help my dry, lifeless hair. After a 3 month attempt at CG, my hair was in horrid shape, and it seemed a HG simply did not exist for me. I had even resorted to using heavily 'cone laden products in an attempt to make my hair look less like I'd just crawled out of bed every day, to no avail.

I kept seeing posts by Botticelli Babe talking about her homemade flax seed gel, and was intrigued, but alas, knew I would never be able to master making my own.

BB was kind enough to humor me and make a custom batch of her original flax seed gel for me, tailoring the mix to my own hair needs/wants, right down to the scent.

Folks, this stuff rocks. Holy crap. I was able to get back on the CG wagon because of this product. Before when I did CG, my curls were never consistently nice looking. I had a few spotty days of good hair, but never consistently every single day. I'm here to tell you, I have had good hair every single day with BB's FSG. Here's the kicker...aside from conditioner (leave in), I don't need any other product except the FSG. Nothing. Nada.

My application method for my 2c/3a hair was as follows:
-apply leave in condish (after water rinse and rinse out condish), wrap hair in MF towel for about 3 minutes, enough to not be dripping wet.
-comb hair, then apply FSG by scrunching it in (you have to be careful not to spill, as this gel is not very thick, so it must be applied a little at a time).
-comb hair again to evenly distribute FSG.
-scrunch in small dollop of leave in condish of my choice.
-diffuse, scrunch the crunch.
*done!*

:wav:

I finally have my HG!!

mrl234 01-21-2009 07:55 AM

I am SO EXCITED to hear this! I'll also let people know how mine works out.

DEL2C 01-21-2009 07:58 AM

finch 01-21-2009 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by DEL2C (Post 852796)

Great news for Babe too!!!

LOL. Are you friends with BB? I had to check with her first before I posted this, just in case other people start asking her to make gel for them. She said it was cool, she's open for business. ;)

DEL2C 01-21-2009 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by finch (Post 852797)

Originally Posted by DEL2C (Post 852796)

Great news for Babe too!!!

We've been Pm'ing ;) She's got some other concoctions brewing that I'm waiting on.......

AprilnUtah 01-21-2009 08:14 AM

I just ordered some!:wav:

curlykey 01-21-2009 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by finch (Post 852792)

My application method for my 2c/3a hair was as follows:
-comb hair again to evenly distribute FSG.
-scrunch in small dollop of leave in condish of my choice.
-diffuse, scrunch the crunch.
*done!*

:wav:

I finally have my HG!!

What kind of hold do you consider the FSG to be? Is there any type of "crunch"? TIA.

finch 01-21-2009 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by curlykey (Post 852877)

Hmm....medium to strong hold? Yeah, there's crunch, but you just scrunch it out after it dries, and you have soft curls. She can make the gel to your specifications, so you can request more or less of certain ingredients (she gives you a list) that you want. She will tailor it to your hair.

curlykey 01-21-2009 09:22 AM

Oooohh nice. Thanks for the reply. I will have to contact her soon.

BotticelliBabe 01-21-2009 11:46 AM

Thanks so much for the glowing review, finch!! And thank you all for trying it (I have to actually write it all down now, or I'll forget what needs to be done!!!!)!

On that note, if you try to send me a PM and it says I'm full up (I'm trying to stay on top of it - honest!!), just drop me a note by adding a comment in my fotki - I get email notifications when a message is left there. I guess putting it here makes the most sense:

That, or in my guestbook. If you want to, you can make guestbook comments private so I'll be the only one to see them. ;)

Thank you all so much!!!!!!!! :love5:

k_vssy 01-21-2009 10:25 PM

I know FSG usually has to be refrigerated. Does this stuff too? It's the one thing that's kept me from using FSG.

BotticelliBabe 01-21-2009 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by k_vssy (Post 853783)

I do use perservatives, but I would still highly recommend storing it in the fridge, yes. It will greatly increase shelf life. But remember that flax gel can be frozen with no loss of quality, so you could always freeze some and put some (a couple of days to a weeks worth, maybe) on your bathroom counter. That way, you don't risk all of it spoiling, but it's not cold when you put it on, either.

TaraVictoria 01-22-2009 05:00 AM

ok - so I'll have to break down and order some from botticelli - I made some last night, great consistency but I got about 2 tblsps... am I doing it wrong? or should I just double or triple the recipie???

finch 01-22-2009 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by BotticelliBabe (Post 853803)

Originally Posted by k_vssy (Post 853783)

I put mine into one smaller bottle to keep in the bathroom, and then put the rest in the fridge. I'm totally willing to keep hair products in the fridge if it means consistently good hair. Day 4 of lovely spirals! :happy7:

Annaleah 01-22-2009 11:16 AM

What am I doing wrong?!!

2 Attachment(s)
So I made the gel according to BB's directions, and was so excited to use it yesterday...but I just ended up with fuzzy poofy hair. I am going to try again today and use some other gel in addition to the FSG. But I just don't understand..everyone loves this stuff, and my hair was terrible!

(This is what my hair normally looks like by the way, NOT what it looked like yesterday)

finch 01-22-2009 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Annaleah (Post 854211)

You have lovely hair. :) BB made mine FOR me, I didn't make my own. Maybe that's the difference?

Annaleah 01-22-2009 12:45 PM

Thank you, but I am very frustrated. I am trying to go CG, but am just having aweful hair and it just makes me want to throw in the towel!

onethousandcurls 01-22-2009 01:47 PM

Annaleah, the reason finch's worked is because BB made it herself. I see that you have joined very recently, so you don't know a couple things you ought to learn:

1. Botticelli Babe is a witch, like Hermione. You see Hermione's excellent curls? That is because she used magic. BB's FSG actually contains magic, which, unfortunately, is not sold at Whole Foods.

2. Botticelli Babe also puts in her blood, sweat, and tears. Needless to say, you can't have put that in yours.

Good luck, Annaleah (and welcome!)

(Btw, definitely made all that up, so no one report me to the moderators. I am also a big fan of BB, so, in all seriousness, Annaleah, ordering from her is probably a good idea.)

finch 01-22-2009 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Annaleah (Post 854317)

I did throw in the towel, so I totally feel you on that one. It was her gel that got me back on the CG wagon.

My hair just looked like crap and was dry and inconsistently curly. This gel is just a miracle serum, and I wouldn't be surprised if Botticelli Babe is indeed Hermione in disguise. Hermione was, after all, the one who managed to make perfect polyjuice potion in only her second year. ;)

MimsTX 01-22-2009 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by finch (Post 854516)

Originally Posted by Annaleah (Post 854317)

lol, I'm so glad I'm not the only one around here that would know stuff like that...