FSG made by Botticelli Babe!

I had reached the end of my rope and was off the CG wagon, desperate for anything to help my dry, lifeless hair. After a 3 month attempt at CG, my hair was in horrid shape, and it seemed a HG simply did not exist for me. I had even resorted to using heavily 'cone laden products in an attempt to make my hair look less like I'd just crawled out of bed every day, to no avail.

I kept seeing posts by Botticelli Babe talking about her homemade flax seed gel, and was intrigued, but alas, knew I would never be able to master making my own.

BB was kind enough to humor me and make a custom batch of her original flax seed gel for me, tailoring the mix to my own hair needs/wants, right down to the scent.

Folks, this stuff rocks. Holy crap. I was able to get back on the CG wagon because of this product. Before when I did CG, my curls were never consistently nice looking. I had a few spotty days of good hair, but never consistently every single day. I'm here to tell you, I have had good hair every single day with BB's FSG. Here's the kicker...aside from conditioner (leave in), I don't need any other product except the FSG. Nothing. Nada.

My application method for my 2c/3a hair was as follows:
-apply leave in condish (after water rinse and rinse out condish), wrap hair in MF towel for about 3 minutes, enough to not be dripping wet.
-comb hair, then apply FSG by scrunching it in (you have to be careful not to spill, as this gel is not very thick, so it must be applied a little at a time).
-comb hair again to evenly distribute FSG.
-scrunch in small dollop of leave in condish of my choice.
-diffuse, scrunch the crunch.
*done!*

I finally have my HG!!
Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. My hair hates protein, apparently.

I am SO EXCITED to hear this! I'll also let people know how mine works out.

fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
CGish since 10-16-08
Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer

Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Originally Posted by DEL2C
LOL. Are you friends with BB? I had to check with her first before I posted this, just in case other people start asking her to make gel for them. She said it was cool, she's open for business.

Originally Posted by DEL2C
Originally Posted by finch
We've been Pm'ing She's got some other concoctions brewing that I'm waiting on.......
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

I just ordered some!
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

My application method for my 2c/3a hair was as follows:
-comb hair again to evenly distribute FSG.
-scrunch in small dollop of leave in condish of my choice.
-diffuse, scrunch the crunch.
*done!*

I finally have my HG!!
Originally Posted by finch
What kind of hold do you consider the FSG to be? Is there any type of "crunch"? TIA.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066

Originally Posted by curlykey
Hmm....medium to strong hold? Yeah, there's crunch, but you just scrunch it out after it dries, and you have soft curls. She can make the gel to your specifications, so you can request more or less of certain ingredients (she gives you a list) that you want. She will tailor it to your hair.

Oooohh nice. Thanks for the reply. I will have to contact her soon.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
Thanks so much for the glowing review, finch!! And thank you all for trying it (I have to actually write it all down now, or I'll forget what needs to be done!!!!)!

On that note, if you try to send me a PM and it says I'm full up (I'm trying to stay on top of it - honest!!), just drop me a note by adding a comment in my fotki - I get email notifications when a message is left there. I guess putting it here makes the most sense:

That, or in my guestbook. If you want to, you can make guestbook comments private so I'll be the only one to see them.

Thank you all so much!!!!!!!!
BB

BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
I know FSG usually has to be refrigerated. Does this stuff too? It's the one thing that's kept me from using FSG.
Originally Posted by k_vssy
I do use perservatives, but I would still highly recommend storing it in the fridge, yes. It will greatly increase shelf life. But remember that flax gel can be frozen with no loss of quality, so you could always freeze some and put some (a couple of days to a weeks worth, maybe) on your bathroom counter. That way, you don't risk all of it spoiling, but it's not cold when you put it on, either.
BB

BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
ok - so I'll have to break down and order some from botticelli - I made some last night, great consistency but I got about 2 tblsps... am I doing it wrong? or should I just double or triple the recipie???
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

for the love of the lens...

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
Originally Posted by k_vssy
Originally Posted by BotticelliBabe
I put mine into one smaller bottle to keep in the bathroom, and then put the rest in the fridge. I'm totally willing to keep hair products in the fridge if it means consistently good hair. Day 4 of lovely spirals!

So I made the gel according to BB's directions, and was so excited to use it yesterday...but I just ended up with fuzzy poofy hair. I am going to try again today and use some other gel in addition to the FSG. But I just don't understand..everyone loves this stuff, and my hair was terrible!

(This is what my hair normally looks like by the way, NOT what it looked like yesterday)
Attached Thumbnails
FSG made by Botticelli Babe!-100_1650.jpg   FSG made by Botticelli Babe!-100_1651.jpg

Originally Posted by Annaleah
You have lovely hair. BB made mine FOR me, I didn't make my own. Maybe that's the difference?

Thank you, but I am very frustrated. I am trying to go CG, but am just having aweful hair and it just makes me want to throw in the towel!
Annaleah, the reason finch's worked is because BB made it herself. I see that you have joined very recently, so you don't know a couple things you ought to learn:

1. Botticelli Babe is a witch, like Hermione. You see Hermione's excellent curls? That is because she used magic. BB's FSG actually contains magic, which, unfortunately, is not sold at Whole Foods.

2. Botticelli Babe also puts in her blood, sweat, and tears. Needless to say, you can't have put that in yours.

Good luck, Annaleah (and welcome!)

(Btw, definitely made all that up, so no one report me to the moderators. I am also a big fan of BB, so, in all seriousness, Annaleah, ordering from her is probably a good idea.)
3b/c, CG 9/18/08
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
Originally Posted by Annaleah
I did throw in the towel, so I totally feel you on that one. It was her gel that got me back on the CG wagon.

My hair just looked like crap and was dry and inconsistently curly. This gel is just a miracle serum, and I wouldn't be surprised if Botticelli Babe is indeed Hermione in disguise. Hermione was, after all, the one who managed to make perfect polyjuice potion in only her second year.

Originally Posted by finch
lol, I'm so glad I'm not the only one around here that would know stuff like that...
CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ