Advice for finishing product please!

As a new CG in the UK I am looking for a product to replace The John Frieda secret agent product (contains trimethicone) I was using as a finishing product in my hair (loves this!) when it is dry. I have tried Boots pink creme and Trevor Sorbie curl cream but sadly they both make my hair feel dry and powdery. My hair is 3a/3b and very fine. I have read lots of good things about the Jane Carter nourishing cream and nourish and shine and also OHM hair custard. I need to take into account postage costs so any advice would be really welcome! Thank you lots.
I know how you feel, I was a John frieda addict til i started reading these boards and discovered that I was layering silicone on silicone.

I tried the boots curl creme myself and wasn't overwhelmed it which was disappointing as i'd been expecting a miracle reading some of the posts from here.

I'm not sure if you can use it as a finisher as well as a styler.

I've tried a couple of CG finishers but still keep getting frizz, I now trying Unberto gianni curls finisher, it has dimethicone in, but it's not the top of the list and i'm thinking if I'm now using silicone free poo, condish and styler then a small dose at the end won't take much washing out.

I'm still not convinced that totally eliminating silicone i necessary to be honest.

I also read on here that someone uses aloe vera hand gel as a styler, but I've not been able to find the post again to check

Good luck with the hunt
UK based curly bonce! (Lancs)
silicone, or not to silicone - that is the question!!!

Uses:
CG - australian organics (Holland and Barratt) poo & condish, Louise Galvin Deep condish treatment, boots pink curl creme
non CG - Umberto Gianni pink range, L'Oreal Studio Line Curl Power Controlling Creme
Still searching for the winning combination!!!
Hey thanks for that! Reading all these posts is sooo addictive and time consuming. I will let you know if I try anything good! A friend in the states has offered to send some products out to me so it is just deciding what to try.