Which would give me a stronger curl & hold?

I'm currently using Jessicurl's Rockin' Ringlets as my curl activator and Confident Coils as my styling potion. And sometimes I have good strong, nicely formed curls that last all day, and sometimes I don't.

Do you think those two Jessicurl items have a good strong hold for curls that tend to do what they want? Or would I be better off giving Devacurl B'Leave In along with Arc Angell a try? Will they leave my curls soft or cruchy?

Thanks!
Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
Cond./Leave-In - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner.
Stylers - Jane Carter Solution Condition and Sculpt; Beautiful Curls Curl Defining Gel.
I like the Jessicurl combo - my hair does better with it than anything - but I can't use it very frequently because of mag sulfate problems and it breaks my face/scalp out at the hairline. Sometimes the hold is not strong enough, though, and I end up having to use some hair spray. I have tried another gel atop it, but I don't remember which or how it worked.

I hate B'Leave In - soft, limp, shapeless curls no matter how I use it or with what. But I like ArcAngell a lot - it's probably my second favorite gel. Plain Angell, however, does very little, so don't even try it. When I use ArcAngell, it's either by itself over a dime-size-or-less blop of KBB hair milk and/or over pink Boot's curl cream. It gives good, not-too-crunchy hold, easy to scrunch out and I can usually go 2-3 days with it, depending on what's under it.

I'm experimenting with KCCC and used it today with ArcAngell over it - meh That's still not the right combo. It's not the ArcAngell, though. I'm having trouble with the KCCC with whatever I try it with.

So, I say, yeah, go for ArcAngell but use another leave-in with it. Maybe Giovanni Direct Leave-In if you don't want to order on-line.

Don't worry about sticking to a complete product line. Be willing to mix it up because that seems to usually be what it takes for most people's hair.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - med./fine, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
Thanks a bunch, Auntnett! I'll give ArcAngell a try after I run out of JessiCurl. I have a lot of it (I went and purchased two bottles of each RR and CC since I had to order it online), and I do like it - it's just that I don't know if I need something stronger for those "off" days. And of course, I never know when an "off" day is going to occur, LOL! I've been trying to see if I need less or more of certain products - maybe I just need a little more of the JessiCurl products - I have pretty thick hair, and it's entirely possible that I haven't been using enough to hold my hair in place.

It's also kind of reassuring, if this doesn't sound too odd, to see that even experienced CG's still experiment around for the best products. Thanks again!
BUMP to let Auntnett know -

Well, this helped - I think I was right, I think I may have just not been using enough of the Jessicurl products.

I've been trying to cut back on product amounts so I don't get buildup. My hair is really thick, but I'd been using two "nickel" sized dollops of each in my hair. This morning, I used three of each, which sounds like a lot, but I have a lot of hair. Anyway, so far today, the curls are coming out really nicely, so I'm not sure if that did the trick. Oh, and plus, I was really careful to make sure I flipped my head over to really get it all through, to the roots and everything.
Low-poo as needed - Beautiful Curls Curl Enhancing Shampoo.
No, if you check out the tips and plopping/plunking video at the Jessicurl site, you'll see that that's not too much at all. Of RR they suggest one pool - that's a pretty good handful - while in or just out of the shower with hair sopping wet then another, followed by a lesser amount of CCSS. That always gave my hair good curl formation, etc. but not necessarily that good a hold.

I haven't used it lately, but next time I do, I'm either going to try increasing the CCSS or topping it with a little of something else so I don't have resort to hairspray later.

I always have better results with these and most products if I comb or Denman brush them thru for better distribution and then scrunch, scrunch, scrunch to reactivate the curl. Yesterday in my latest KCCC experiment, I raked the products thru per someone's suggestions and it was inconsistent throughout, largely due to poorer distribution, I think.

Today I left off the KCCC altogether and went back to pink Boot's and ArcAngell combed thru and had much better, more consistent results.
2C/3A/3B - modified CG - med./fine, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

www.fotki.com/auntnett
Yeah, I work all the product through with my fingers, then comb it through, do my part, and then scrunch.

I also think cutting back on the conditioner a tiny bit, both in the shower and as a leave-in, has helped. I mean, as CGs, we're pretty well-conditioned anyway, LOL! But that would also leave me a little more lee-way to use slightly more of the Jessicurl produts without worrying as much about build-up, so I'm trying that out too. Seems to be working - it's 12:30 PM, and my curls are still doing really well today. (You should have seen them yesterday - SAD!)