Old 02-14-2009, 03:34 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to jigfeet
Default reviews of GF Playstyle Putty or GF fibergum putty?

Has anyone tried or heard of anyone using these garnier putties Or that surf texture paste? I am tempted to pick one of them up tomorrow but I don't know which one to choose or if they are even worth it.
Thanks
Old 02-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #2

Join Date: Oct 2008

I have the GF fiber gum, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I opened it to look at it and it looks almost just like LOOB (L'oreal out of Bed). I'm hoping it works similar to LOOB. I will post when I do try it. I would also like to know if anyone else has tried it.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
curlykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:35 PM   #3

Originally Posted by curlykey View Post
THAT is what LOOB stands for?? I was thinking it was lube...and was some type of nc board joke. Hahaha oh jeeze...I am bright.

I suggest you go use it within the next 5 hours and tell me the results (I'm going shopping in 5 )

Hope it all works well for you!
Old 02-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #4

curlywurlygurly's Avatar

Originally Posted by jigfeet View Post

Hope it all works well for you!
you do realize that many curlies do use lube...as in personal lubricant, on their hair. It contains glycerin and is a good and cheap product, that mimmicks the effect of CK (curl keeper) lol.
2 something Australian

pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
curlywurlygurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #5

DEL2C's Avatar

Default Sticky Thread for Acronyms

Have you not seen this??? It defines the abbreviations we use. Acronyms/Abbreviations/Definitions!
DEL2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 04:41 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to jigfeet

No I actually haven't looked at that yet. Generally I can figure out most of the abbreviations because I read so many posts, and I saw the KY being used so I know people used it, I just didn't realize that LOOB was an abbreviation as well. Sorry sorry just got a tad confused.
I did read somewhere that some people didn't like glycerin? Doesn't it sometimes make the scalp itch and such? Well, more research for me!
Anyways, I am out to pick up the putties, I will report back.
Old 02-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #7

DEL2C's Avatar

Originally Posted by jigfeet View Post
Anyways, I am out to pick up the putties, I will report back.
OH no apologies!! I just didn't know if you'd seen it, it's a fairly new thread amazingly!!!

I'm not sure if glycerin is a cause for the itchies. This time of year in the Cold Winter months with low dew points a lot of us can't use Glycerin products because they dry us out and make us FRIZZ. But once Humidity and Warm weather comes back Glycerin is a SUPER frizz fighter!!! CK is the BEST!
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

DEL2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:26 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to jigfeet

I KNOW I will end up buying CK at some point. I am just so incredibly cheap (college student) and am currently in hawaii so shipping alone would cover my meals for a few days haha. So until then I am waiting...for..something.
I did chicken out and buy LOOB though. I have seen it appear numerously throughout the boards so I figured it had to be good right? Hopefully..
I still have my receipt if it fails! Thanks so much for that link though. definititely my new dictionary haha
Old 02-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #9

Boomygrrl's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

If I remember correctly, and that's a big IF, the GF playstyle putty is kind of a substitute for the curl cream that GF discontinued about a year ago. Again IF I remember correctly from another board I frequent, the playstyle putty got good reviews. It might be worth trying. I cannot speak from experience though.
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b