Mop C-Curl Curl Enhancing Shampoo

As most of you know I shampoo every 2nd or 3rd day and I have been trying to track down a gentle shampoo. I liked Elucence Moisture Balance Shampoo and KinkyCurly Come Clean but they still left my hair feeling a bit stripped.

I checked the reviews here and around the net and decided to try the Mop C noted above. TADA! This is the shampoo I have been trying to find. My hair feels clean but not stripped. Perfect.

Cool! What's in it??

KCCC

Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

I believe the ingredients are here in the curlproducts section. It would be considered a low poo.

Originally Posted by msgiblet
It smells citrusy to me - light. But not sweet citrus if you know what I mean.

I was thinking of you when I picked this up - we have often had the shampoo discussion. This is my favorite of all the low poos I have tried.

Originally Posted by msgiblet
It smells citrusy to me - light. But not sweet citrus if you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by xcptnl
Ok, that does it. I've been thinking all day about what I could get here before the sale ends. I'm really looking for richer conditioners with less oil, but I do like my low poo, too.

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

I saw this at Ulta yesterday and it looked promising, but I can't justify buying it with my budget now. Will you keep us updated in a few weeks? I'm curious how this holds out long term.
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b
Originally Posted by Boomygrrl
I will keep you updated. So far I think this is a keeper but I will check back in a week or two and let you know.

I've got some on the way!

Ingredients:

Water(Aqua)(Eau), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Myristamine Oxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate (*VitaminC), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (*Vitamin C), Citrus Aurantium dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract**, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract**, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract**, Psidium Guajave Fruit Extract, Robes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifer (Grape) Seed Extract, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium-10, Disodium EDTA***, Citric Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Mentha Virdis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Disteareth-75 IPDI, Glycereth-7 Caprylate/Caprate, Limonene, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. *Source, **Certified Organic, ***Food Grade

What's the cleansing agent in this?
Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair

KCCC

Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

I finally got this and tried it this morning. I liked it. Of course, it's only been one use, but I think this is a good one. My hair doesn't feel stripped but nice and clean and it gives me just enough lather to keep my silly "gotta have some lather" mentality satisfied. Like the smell, too.

Originally Posted by msgiblet

Totally understand that statement! I have been using this shampoo about every 3rd day since I got it and I still like it. It is the first gentle shampoo that I feel like it's doing something but without that tangly stripped feel of some gentle shampoos.

a week later...you still like it?
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

3a/3b
Ingredients:

What's the cleansing agent in this?
Originally Posted by CurlyLinZee

The sodium methyl cocoyl taurate (anionic surfactant), and cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine
(an amphoteric surfactant).
2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

Location: SoCal
Originally Posted by Boomygrrl
I do. Hopefully Msg will chime in on how it's doing for her.

Originally Posted by Boomygrrl
I do. Hopefully Msg will chime in on how it's doing for her.
Originally Posted by xcptnl
I've only used it twice but I still really like it.