Old 02-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #1

Default Mop C-Curl Curl Enhancing Shampoo

As most of you know I shampoo every 2nd or 3rd day and I have been trying to track down a gentle shampoo. I liked Elucence Moisture Balance Shampoo and KinkyCurly Come Clean but they still left my hair feeling a bit stripped.

I checked the reviews here and around the net and decided to try the Mop C noted above. TADA! This is the shampoo I have been trying to find. My hair feels clean but not stripped. Perfect.

Old 02-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #2

Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

CurlyLinZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #3

Join Date: Oct 2005

I believe the ingredients are here in the curlproducts section. It would be considered a low poo.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #4

Old 02-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #5

So, does it smell as good as the ingredients seem to indicate?
It smells citrusy to me - light. But not sweet citrus if you know what I mean.

I was thinking of you when I picked this up - we have often had the shampoo discussion. This is my favorite of all the low poos I have tried.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:45 PM   #6

Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
So, does it smell as good as the ingredients seem to indicate?
It smells citrusy to me - light. But not sweet citrus if you know what I mean.

Ok, that does it. I've been thinking all day about what I could get here before the sale ends. I'm really looking for richer conditioners with less oil, but I do like my low poo, too.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #7

Boomygrrl's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

I saw this at Ulta yesterday and it looked promising, but I can't justify buying it with my budget now. Will you keep us updated in a few weeks? I'm curious how this holds out long term.
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.

3a/3b
Boomygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:32 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Boomygrrl View Post
I will keep you updated. So far I think this is a keeper but I will check back in a week or two and let you know.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #9

Join Date: Aug 2006

I've got some on the way!

Old 02-20-2009, 03:44 PM   #10

CurlyLinZee's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009

Ingredients:

Water(Aqua)(Eau), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Myristamine Oxide, Ascorbyl Palmitate (*VitaminC), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (*Vitamin C), Citrus Aurantium dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract**, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract**, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract**, Psidium Guajave Fruit Extract, Robes Nigrum (Black Currant) Fruit Extract, Vitis Vinifer (Grape) Seed Extract, Sodium PCA, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium-10, Disodium EDTA***, Citric Acid, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Mentha Virdis (Spearmint) Leaf Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Disteareth-75 IPDI, Glycereth-7 Caprylate/Caprate, Limonene, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. *Source, **Certified Organic, ***Food Grade

What's the cleansing agent in this?
Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair

Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

CurlyLinZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #11

Join Date: Aug 2006

I finally got this and tried it this morning. I liked it. Of course, it's only been one use, but I think this is a good one. My hair doesn't feel stripped but nice and clean and it gives me just enough lather to keep my silly "gotta have some lather" mentality satisfied. Like the smell, too.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:34 PM   #12

Originally Posted by msgiblet View Post

Totally understand that statement! I have been using this shampoo about every 3rd day since I got it and I still like it. It is the first gentle shampoo that I feel like it's doing something but without that tangly stripped feel of some gentle shampoos.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:04 PM   #13

Boomygrrl's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

a week later...you still like it?
That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

3a/3b
Boomygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:04 PM   #14

helloitsio's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by CurlyLinZee View Post
Ingredients:

What's the cleansing agent in this?

The sodium methyl cocoyl taurate (anionic surfactant), and cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine
(an amphoteric surfactant).
2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

Location: SoCal
helloitsio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #15

a week later...you still like it?
I do. Hopefully Msg will chime in on how it's doing for her.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:29 AM   #16

Originally Posted by xcptnl View Post
a week later...you still like it?
I do. Hopefully Msg will chime in on how it's doing for her.
I've only used it twice but I still really like it.