Nexxus Emergencee--Is this CG??

Nexxus Emergencee Ingredients:

Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Water (Aqua), Collagen Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Dmdm Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

I'm looking for a powerful protein reconstructor that is all water-soluble (and does not have sulfates of castor oil or mineral oil) to replace my Joico K Pak reconstructor. Will this one do it? (Does that first ingredient come out with water?)

If not, anyone know any that will? (I'd prefer finding another one that is keratin-based like Joico.)

Yes, I use it regularly.

Thanks, KathyMac! I thought it looked okay.

Anyone know how it compares to Joico K-Pak in terms of effectiveness?

Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

Thanks, KathyMac! I thought it looked okay.

Anyone know how it compares to Joico K-Pak in terms of effectiveness?

Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

Don't know and couldn't find the ingredients of the Joico K-Pak. Doesn't the Sally's version have mineral oil?

I use the real deal and it does have oil in it. That's what I'm trying to get away from, because I have to shampoo to get it out. Otherwise, I'd be 100% shampooless, which is where I'd like to be.

I'm going to pick up some Emergencee; I hope my hair likes it as much as it likes Joico K-Pak.

Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

It's great stuff. If you have the time, spray your hair with water, put a little in and leave it in for a while. I use the soap bars every three days--they are VERY mild. I only low poo if I really HAVE to from a bad ingredient.

I picked some up last night, so I'll try it today. I'm so excited, because my hair is finally (since going quasi-CG a few weeks ago) responding and getting healthier-looking. I got a color correction and hair cut on Saturday--so now it's all about improving the health of my hair.

(My hair color still isn't perfect, but it's better than it was. I have to wait for some of it to grow out.)

I'm also having great luck with the Hoity Toity gel you recommended that I try. I LOVE it. Thus far it's my HG, but I still have others to try.

I might have to hit you up for some soap bars, but I have to get PayPayl first. (I shut my account down a few years ago because I was getting hit with phishing messages from some con artist that was trying to steal my ca$h.)

Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

I think you'll like it. Remember, protein can be drying so make sure to use moisturizing styling products. Now that you're quasi CG, we'll have to get you with the more natural products. They really make a big difference in hair health. When you're ready, I can really lead you pj astray!
I'm already a PJ. And I've got about 40 new products (no kidding) including conditioners, curl enhancers, and gels.

I did the protein treatment today, followed it with 30 minutes of Jessicurl WDT under a heat cap. My hair felt luxurious! I just styled it and got some fuzz, but I know that's because of the way I diffused it. (Still working on getting a perfect routine down.)

Overall, though...my hair is looking healthier and healthier every week! Woohoo!!

I did as you suggested with the Emergencee--hopped out of the shower and left it on for a while...it felt really sticky on my back. Also found I had to use a little Jessicurl HCC afterwards...felt like a little build-up there.

I'm pleased, though! I think I'm going to use it 2xs per week for a while until I get my hair where I want it. Then, I can back down on the schedule. I'll play it by ear, though...make sure I don't overuse it. My canopy really needs work... I've been oiling it too.

Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

Two times a week would be a lot. You really don't want to go on protein over load. I do it about once a month, at most! If it feels producty--you may have used too much.

Thanks, KM. I'm still in repair mode, big-time, from my color debacle. And my canopy, crown really needs some repair work. That's why I'm doing the more intense schedule for the time being. I'll just keep an eye on it.

Through reading here, I know what to watch out for with protein overload. Thus far, my hair seems to be really loving the protein treatments. I'll probably just do the more damaged sections on the more frequent schedule. Eventually, I suspect, I'll be able to cut back to once a month or every two weeks for protein.

I'm also trying to avoid protein in my other products, for the most part. That way, I'm controlling the amount of protein my hair gets on a daily basis so that protein overload doesn't creep up on me.