Old 02-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #1

Join Date: Oct 2008
Default How are you using DM Cocoa Hemp Hair Butter cream?!!

This smells really good, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to use it since it's thick. I love the other DM products I have tried so far, but I'm not quite sure how to use this one. I tried a little bit (emulsified in hands) and scrunched in 2nd day hair after spritzing with water/Avg mixture, but.....I think I used to much and I was not impressed. Please share any tips on using this products. Tips and pointers Greatly appreciated!!! TIA!
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
curlykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:30 PM   #2

DEL2C's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

Doesn't it smell LUSCIOUS On the original DM thread it was discussed that it's used as a LI primarily and only a small amt. I don't do well with oily type LI's so I've used it like JCN&S a pea size or 2 to touch up or on 2nd day after spritzing to calm the frizz. Only on dry hair for me! Great stuff though, love it!
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

DEL2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #3

Join Date: Nov 2004

It works great for me as a leave-in. I've had good luck with it under the CCB, Innersense and some of the puddings. I emulsify it in my hands, rake and scrunch into wet hair. Apply whatever curl cream I'm using, scrunch lightly with my Curls Like Us towel, apply gel and diffuse. I have also used it to touch-up dry hair . It's my favorite product of her line.
3a Colored, Layered
Currently loving:
Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products

Last edited by icequeen; 02-19-2009 at 06:40 PM.
icequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #4

CurlyinColorado's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007

I use a couple of dabs to scrunch curls while upside down. I avoid getting it too close to my scalp because it makes my roots seem "oily." I use it under BRHG, love it.
2b/3a.
CurlyinColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #5

sharon5152's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008

I've also used it as a LI on 2nd or 3rd days to help control frizz, moisturize the top...but I also love scrunching in some before bed, let it soak in overnight! Really soft the next morning!
3a/b
Wash: CJ Daily Fix, KM shampoo bars, Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying
Co-wash/Condish: Curls Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner
LI & Styling: KBB milk, CJ Beauticurls LI, CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Lite cream, CJ CIAB
DT: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Shea Butter

sharon5152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #6

CurlyLinZee's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009

I'm with Sharon. I like putting a little on at night to sort of "seal" my hair. Looks better in the morning that way.
Hair type: 2c/3a ii, medium/coarse, desert hair

Stylers:
KCCC

Holding Gels: CJ Curl Queen
Pomade: Jane Carter N&S
Hair Likes: agave nectar, oils of any kind

CurlyLinZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 09:22 PM   #7

Join Date: Oct 2008

Thanks for all the input! Looks like I will have to try it as a leave-in and maybe at night too. Thanks again!
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
curlykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #8

Suburbanbushbabe's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006

I scrunch a little in my wet ends before or after leave-in.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Suburbanbushbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:30 AM   #9

melaniesusan's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Default DM CHB

I'll have to try it as a leave-in. I tried it on dry hair to smooth down flyways and found it way too heavy for this purpose. DM L&T works much better for this on my fine, 3A hair.

Also, I find the DM CHB too heavily scented. It smells fabulous, but after applying it to dry hair I can smell it constantly and it becomes overwhelming.
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen