Old 02-20-2009, 08:24 PM   #1

curlygirlyme's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Calling Flower Moon/Dairy Whip Users

I was looking at the thread about this stuff but I cannot find a list of the total ingredients. I was wanting to try this when I run out of my shampoo bars. Thanks!
curlygirlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:07 AM   #2

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

CurlyGirlFlorida posted as much as is known about the ingredients in her original thread. There is no official "ingredients" list that I've seen.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #3

rudeechick's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

Yea, I am a devotee and have never actually seen the ing list. When I let myself think about it it bothers me... especially since it lathers and clarifies so well.... I think I am going to write to Lisa to push them on this; we have a right to know what we are choosing to use, yes?

Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot

curlygirlyme's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by rudeechick View Post

That having been said, love this stuff.
LOL thanks. Do you on if it totally SLS and ALS (or any other harsh sulfates) free? Does this stuff have caster oil in it that you know of? Thanks!
curlygirlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:01 PM   #5

rudeechick's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by curlygirlyme View Post
Originally Posted by rudeechick View Post

That having been said, love this stuff.
Honestly, I assumed it didnt, as I didnt start using it til it was all the rage here... I just assumed it was certified CG.... I dont know if it has castor... it could and I wouldnt know as my hair can tolerate it well.

Will keep you posted.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
rudeechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #6

Curly Girl Fla's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003

As far as has been reported on other sites, the ingredient list I had on my original post IS the total list. That's it-some items have shea, etc., but that's the base. I believe no castor oil, definitely no sulfates, etc...I actually rarely use the DW now-only to clarify right before I henna or if I over-oil alot. It's a great, natural product, cheap-tubs will last me forever for how I use it, but keep in mind it looks like there's an extensive TAT- not sure why...communication seems to be hit-or-miss, too, but I think they have the best intentions. CGM-if you would like a sample of Honey Vanilla or Rice Flower & Shea (has goat's milk & cocoa butter), I can put some in a baggy for you. It only takes a teeny bit to lather up well, too. PM me if you want. I've had these for awhile, but I scoop a small amount in a separate container to keep in the bathroom for when I want to use it...
Curly Girl Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #7

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by curlygirlyme View Post
Just a precaution. I don't think it has any of those ingredients. However, my hair hates castor oil and it hated the DW after the second use. The DW left it a lot like castor oil does--dry, tangled and frizzy. Not sure if it was the goats milk, because I had a similar reaction to another product with goats milk.

kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote