Old 03-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #1

Default Curls by Sister Smith and Hairveda Products

So, since I BC'ed 3 weeks ago, I am still trying to find products to take care of my very dry 3c curls. I ordered the Wet Set Hair Pudding from Curls by Sister Smith and the Whipped Shea-aloe Butter & Whipped Cream from Hairveda. I know, I'm turning into a major product junkie . I just wanted to know if anyone has tried any of these things and what should I expect.

I'm also thinking of ordering from Hairveda next....

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!
"Don't remove the kinks from your hair, Remove them from your brain." -Marcus Garvey

Old 03-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #2

Suburbanbushbabe's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006

You didn't mention conditioner. Get a good moisturizing one and use it often.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Suburbanbushbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #3

QVCDiva's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009

I've tried the Curls Wet Set Pudding (got a some via the swapboard) but not sure I used it correctly. I didn't have any frizz with it but didn't get the same results as I got with the KCCC.
Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
BC: 01/30/09
Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
QVCDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:29 AM   #4

kathymack's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008

Originally Posted by QVCDiva View Post
The original intention of both is to be a curl enhancer, but they are really very different products. I use them together--KCCC over the WSP. The WSP is mainly AVG and glycerin. KCCC is a integral concoction that relies on the interaction of pectin with some of the herbs to perform the way it does.

To the original poster, I agree with SBB--you probably want to try some of the more moisturizing products like the Donna Marie Coco Hemp Buttercream or Lock & Twist; Curl Junkie Hibiscus and Banana Butta, Deep Fix, or Curl Rehab; Komaza products--things like that.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #5

QVCDiva's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009

Kathy thanks for the info on the WSP.
Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
BC: 01/30/09
QVCDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:25 AM   #6

Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe View Post
You didn't mention conditioner. Get a good moisturizing one and use it often.

Which moisturizing conditioner would you recommend?

Old 03-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #7

Kinks74's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008

I use the WSHP as a curl creme rinse out basically as my hair is fine and gets weighed down pretty easily. For me the water activates the creme and I get defined, bouncy curls that last all day. I use a good amount of water but I still feel product in my hair after I've rinsed. If you're looking for elongation, this is probably not the product, but if you want tight curls it works great (for me anyway).

I've tried both Hairveda creams. The shea-aloe was too heavy for my hair, but I use it as a hand moisturizer almost daily. I love it. The whipped cream I used as a night moisturizer and I liked it. I no longer use it since I've been detangling at night and found other products that work better for that.
Kinks, kinks and more kinks

Current Goodies: KBB Hair Mask, KBB Deep Condish, JC WDT, Oyin Juices & Berries, Oyin Shine & Define, Oyin Whipped Pudding
Faves & Raves: Oyin Juices & Berries, KBB Deep Condish, JC WDT, CBSS WSHP, KCCC, Henna
Not so Goodies: Proteins & heavy oils...
Current Challenge: kinky & twisted! (ahem, two-strand twisted)
Kinks74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #8

teshon's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007

Hairveda's Whipped Shealoe is amazing, but I started out using it as a body mousse until I figured out how to use it on my hair....lol! I LOVE that stuff! I've been using it to practice protective styling. It is very thick, so I use it in the same fashion as I do CBSS WSHP with a tad bit of oil. It gives it more of a creamy consistency for easier application. One 4 oz. jar lasts a lifetime!
3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
teshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #9

Originally Posted by teshon View Post

I'll be so glad when my products arrive so I can try them out. I see that you're protein sensitive too, so what other products do you use?

Old 03-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #10

teshon's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007

Originally Posted by naturalnurse04 View Post
Originally Posted by teshon View Post

For me, the more simple(shorter) the ingredient list...the better! I've learned that my hair doesn't like a lotta EXTRA. That's what products like CBSS WSHP and Shealoe have in common. My hair is so over the top with protein sensitivity drama(lol!), I have to juggle products from a few different product lines. If you want to check it out, I have other products that I use listed in my photobucket.
http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/teshonandfamily
teshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:08 PM   #11

Join Date: Sep 2007

I love WSP! I use it under my gel and then to scrunch the crunch after my hair dries. This is one product that has been a constant in my routine and has never let me down. I also love the variety of scents it comes in!
3c/4a 3 Years Relaxer Free!

curlynyrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #12

CurlyHairedFarmer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Send a message via AIM to CurlyHairedFarmer

I have used WSHP for about 5 days now. My hair isn't frizzy and its really soft.
3a with some 2c thrown in
pw: cow

Currently Loving:
Shampoo: CJ Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Smoothing, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Beauticurls Leave-in

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers -CJ Curl Queen, CJ CCCC Lite, CJ CIAB, CJ Pattern Pusha, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam, Mop-C Curl Defining Cream, BRHG, KCCC
CurlyHairedFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #13

Default I LOVE IT!

I received the WSHP about 2 days and I have been using it. I think that I'm in love. I used it on top of my leave in conditioner (which is CD Tui Leave In). My hair didn't take as long as it normally does to dry and it was really soft and defined my curls. It's definately a keeper. I ordered the unscented version, so next I'll try something scented. What scents do you guys use?

My Hairveda products arrived yesterday, so I'll put those into rotation tomorrow and see if I like it. It's so exciting to actually find products that my hair likes

Old 03-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #14

Originally Posted by naturalnurse04 View Post
Originally Posted by teshon View Post

I checked out your photobucket and your hair is gorgeous! I think that maybe my hair might like the simple products as well. Thanks for the advice!