Ohm Body Sweet Hair Pudding

Is anybody using this? I am searching for an alternative to my beloved KCCC and the Ohm is a good possibility ingredients-wise. It's protein free and glycerin free.

As much as I love KCCC, the recent shortage of it has me searching for 1 or 2 other alternates to have in the rotation. I just received some Donna Marie Honey Aloe Curling Jelly today and I'm waiting for my hair to dry completely before I can judge the outcome.

Any help from Ohm users would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
There are a few threads. Here's the first one I remember:

PJ ALERT: Review Ohm Sweet Hair Pudding & Aloe Gel

I have been having great luck with the SHP with the Ohm Aloe Hair Gel over it. It really doesn't act like KCCC, but it is a fantastic moisturizing and curl-encouraging product. A little (and I mean a LITTLE) goes a long way. This is one of the only pudding type products that can weigh my hair down if I use too much. But just a small amount really defines curls, helps clump, minimizes frizz. It doesn't enhance volume all that much, though, and, unlike KCCC, I need that gel over it (love the gel, btw..) I waited a long time to purchase and finally got mine when Aziza had a 25% off sale. Their shipping is cheap, fast and reliable fyi...
Has anyone had issues with the castor oil in this?

I love this stuff! I scrunch in a small amount into each side and some more while flipped upside down and add a little BRHG on top. I also like the Komaza Coconut pudding (applied the same way).

I haven't had any problem with the castor oil but then I usually don't.

Originally Posted by Curly Girl Fla
Are you using a leave-in with it? How much of the SHP and Gel do you use? I have both and really like them but am still trying to adjust amounts. I seem to get frizz from the gel and not much hold but love the smell and feel of it so I keep trying.
3a Colored, Layered
Currently loving:
Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
As far as castor oil goes, I have no issues with it, but that may be why I think it's a bit heavier than some other creams/puddings. I canNOT use a leave-in with it-the SHP has quite enough moisture. I use about a dime-to-nickle size for my entire head-emulsify in hands, apply root to end, then I distribute with the Denman....I use about 2 quarter size dollops of the gel, brush that through as well, then take a drop more and scrunch. This gives me decent clumping. If I use too much SHP or too little gel, I get more frizz, but it's still gives good curl formation & soft hair. These are not strong hold-I'd say more moderate hold products, but they seem to hold up at least in the winter months...
Thanks for the thoughts on the castor oil - that is helpful

There are a few threads. Here's the first one I remember:

PJ ALERT: Review Ohm Sweet Hair Pudding & Aloe Gel
Originally Posted by kathymack
Thanks for the link kathymack! I do remember this thread now that you have reminded me. I was curious if folks were still using it, and apparently some are.
Curly Girl Fla - That's one of the reasons I love KCCC. For me, it has enough hold on its own and my whole thing is simplification of the routine. If I have to layer a gel on top of the SHP then maybe it's not for me. I do have concerns with the castor oil as well as the emulsifying wax. It is darn frustrating when I have such a long list of ingredients that my finicky-a$$ hair does not like.

le sigh....
Originally Posted by misspam

If you order, you may want to order from afrokinks. Ohm did have a $15 shipping charge--even for one product. Several of us questioned this. Owner doesn't respond to email questions--I tried twice. Don't know if things are better.

Originally Posted by kathymack

Holy freakin' shipping charge, Batman!!! You have got to be kidding me?!? Thanks for the heads up on that as well as afrokinks.com.

Does the Komaza Coconut Pudding contain any glycerin, protein, or emulsifying waxes?
[quote=kathymack;896292I couldn't use it because of the castor oil. I do love the Hair Custard. The Komaza Coconut pudding has a new formula without the castor oil--which is great. Don't know if msg is using the new or the old.
[/quote]

I'm using a sample that a very nice person sent me quite awhile ago so I'm assuming I've been using the old formula. I did just order some from Afrokinks earlier this week so I guess that means I'm getting the new formula? Hope I still like it as well.

[QUOTE=msgiblet;896376]

Originally Posted by kathymack;896292I couldn't use it because of the castor oil. I do love the Hair Custard. The Komaza Coconut pudding has a new formula without the castor oil--which is great. Don't know if msg is using the new or the old.
[/quote

And this is the new formula without castor oil:

msgiblet - How is the hold on this and do you feel you have to layer a gel over the top?
[quote=misspam;896426]

[/quote

Originally Posted by msgiblet
I do layer a little gel over the top but then I have to layer gel over almost everything (except KCCC sometimes), so I'm not the best person to ask. I haven't used the Komaza Coconut pudding for very long and I'm still experimenting with the amounts, but right now I'm using very small amounts; I think I could probably use more.

Originally Posted by msgiblet
Okay thanks! I haven't used polymers and acrylates since I went through the Terressentials Detox even though I did hang onto 1 bottle of BRHG, jusssst in case.

My whole thing lately has been simplify, simplify, simplify. I would just like to find that one perfect product that does everything that I need. As close as KCCC comes to my HG, the learning curve and the drying time keep it from reaching that status.

I appreciate your input and I will most likely order a sample or two tomorrow.

New ingredients:

Coconut Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Sunflower Oil Dipalmitoylethyldimonium Chloride (A derivitive of Palm Oil) aloe vera, acrylates, alkyl acrylates, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Polysorbate 20, Cinnamom Cassia. Sorbate, cinnamon cassia.

Misspam, the closest thing to a one-step sub for KCCC that I've found is BB's FSG. It has tons more hold than my homemade fsg, and it's a nice consistency. I needed a leave-in or cream under it for more moisture, but I'm definitely in the minority on this. Most think it's extremely moisturizing. The hold is great, no frizz...you may want to try a sample...
I still use the SHP and continue to love it. I also scrunch in some of the Ohm Aloe Gel afterwards. It smells really good. I don't know how it'll work for me in the summer months, but for the cooler weather it was a great option.

Komaza hair pudding was mentioned as well ... it is an awesome product. I think I get tighter curls from Komaza than I do with the SHP.

You can get both products from Afrokinks. The service from that company is really good. I know the Komaza site sells samples .... they are quite inexpensive, so you might want to order from them to try before buying. http://www.komazacare.com/

I don't have an issue with castor oil either, so I can't speak to that.

To compare the SHP and the Komaza hair pudding. The SHP isn't quite as forgiving as the Komaza IMO .... if you use too much, your hair can get a little greasy looking. The Komaza is a different texture. It is more like a jelly that has been whipped up. I find the SHP texture to be a like a mousse dessert.

HTH !!
I still use the SHP and continue to love it.
Ditto!
3c-4a; Protein Sensitive(forms of wheat, keratin, soy and anything "hydrolyzed"). My hair hates coconut oil and jojoba oil(sometimes).
http://photobucket.com/teshon PW: crazycurls