White Rain changed its formula! :D I like it.

White Rain conditioners don't have parabens anymore. Instead, they have isothiazolinones, so I'm happy (most preservatives pose some kind of risk but these are better). I bought an 18 oz bottle of White Rain Tropical Coconut conditioner and used it with honey last night after clarifying with HE Drama Clean. My hair detangled nicely and felt moisturized yet not greasy/mushy if that makes sense? I used my HE Long Term Relationship leave in conditioner after that, braided and had soft, relatively smooth hair in the morning. Yay!
2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
Their website says they have all these conditioners that sound wonderful, but I cannot find them at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, online, or anywhere else. It sucks.
That's odd. Have you tried ShopRite? That's where I got mine.
2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
So curious! Does the tropical coconut have protein like the same "flavor" of Suave? Speaking of which, how do the White Rain condishes feel compared to Suave/VO5/other brands?

...It's a siggie.
When you say you used it with honey, how exactly did you use the honey? As a rinse or mixed in with the conditioner?

TIA
After using it a couple more times, I'm a little disappointed. I think this won't be one of my favorite conditioners because the detangling power became weak after a while (the honey helps though) and I'm back to Dove. Oh well, what can you expect for $1?

Wild_Sasparilla:
  • There are no proteins in WR Coconut conditioner that I know of (except maybe the coconut extract??). Suave Coconut has silk amino acids.
  • The conditioner feels less "greasy" than Suave (it feels gross on my skin sometimes, reminding me of Pantene) yet less watery than VO5. I've never tried it without honey. Dove Intense Therapy and Herbal Essences None of Your Frizzness conditioners blew WR Coconut out of the water (even without honey) when it came to detangling.
I purchased VO5 Blackberry Sage conditioner the other day so I will test that out soon and compare it to the WR Coconut. I have a feeling I'm going to like VO5 better overall because I have had more softness and detangling with those in the past (it's been a while since I used them).

Also, I thought I should mention that I rinse out all of my conditioner, comb my hair then comb in a leave-in conditioner in my routine. When I mention detangling powers of the conditioners, I refer to the detangling when the hair is soaked in conditioner and after I come out of the shower with thoroughly-rinsed hair.

AngularScience: I mix honey and conditioner 50/50 or 40/60 in my hand and just use that mixture as a rinse-out conditioner and rinse thoroughly when I'm done. I think it adds a little more slip and smells good. Also, it gives those icky ShopRite brand honeys a good use (they taste like plastic). LOL.

Wild_Sasparilla:

Originally Posted by Mint
Wow, thanks for the super-thorough answers, Mint! It sounds promising that it's less "greasy" than Suave - I noticed a gross, coating my fingers feeling with my Suave green apple while I was failing at trying CG yet again - I started using it, and instead of continuing the co-wash, I just went straight to shampoo it off. And woo, no protein! I had wanted to try Suave Coconut just for the smell, but after seeing the flash-drying from the Sally's version of PM The Conditioner, I knew anything protein-heavy was asking for trouble. I sure hope some drugstore near me has this conditioner!

Originally Posted by wild_sasparilla
No problem! I wasn't a big fan of Suave Green Apple conditioner. It wasn't as detangling/moisturizing for me as the Suave Coconut and I had to use a ton of it. I totally understand that you're cautious about proteins. They aren't always nice to my hair (i.e. jojoba oil - it's supposed to give lots of softeness and shine, right? not for me).

By the way, I tried the VO5 Blackberry Sage conditioner today and I didn't need honey to get it to detangle decently, so I like it better than White Rain. It is close to the detangling power of my 'cone conditioners, and it leaves hair nice and soft and shiny. Yay.

Originally Posted by Mint
I think I just realized just why jojoba oil did nothing for me...didn't think of it before! And I will now add VO5 Blackberry Sage to The List. If it's nearly up to 'cone-powered detanglers, that is some seriously good stuff. It also sounds like it smells yummy - I am so going to go to Target/CVS/wherever one of these days and leave with a cart full of random pretty-smelling dollar conditioners.

BTW, I love your hair and your username. Mint is my absolute favorite candy flavor! 'Cept spearmint. That stuff is foul.

Originally Posted by wild_sasparilla
Hehe! I've been there before. I don't know why but I find it very enjoyable to buy hair products. The other day I bought two conditioners but I was so close to buying three. I think VO5 might be my favorite cheapie conditioner besides maybe Suave Coconut and Vanilla Floral. It's not the best stuff in the world but it works great for the price and often smells nice.

ETA: Thank you! It's funny you say that because I recently found out that one of my IRL friends hates mint things. I was like "WHAT!?". Then I'll offer her a tic-tac if I'm eating one and I forget. Spearmint is okay with me but peppermint is my fav. I always thought your screen name was really cute and creative and I love the unicorn avatar btw. Do you have a fotki?

Originally Posted by Mint
Me, too! I'm supposed to be doing research but instead I'm thinking of when I'll get to go buy me some new conditioner.

People like your friend leave more minty goodness for us! People like one of my friends, who dislikes peppermint and adores spearmint, just confuse me. Peppermint is my favorite, too. And thank you, I do love makin' stuff up! haha The flowers look like little fireworks. I spent so long on google images picking an avatar when I finally got one, I'm glad I picked well! A couple of people have actually commented they can't see the unicorn, only some kind of wave, but hey, I like water, too, so it's all good.

And no, I don't have a fotki - I also don't have a camera except for a tiny little made-for-chatting webcam. Pictures of me tend to be taken by other people and then put on facebook where I will occasionally study them for their suitability for hair pics. Can't figure out how to get them off of facebook, though.

Originally Posted by wild_sasparilla
The bolded is so me LOL. I'm supposed to be studying but instead I'm looking up conditioner ingredients. It's sad. As for avatars and whatnot, it's so awesome when a picture looks like two things. I've always noticed the unicorn in your avatar but I can definitely see a "wave" or maybe even the sky.

As for the Facebook thing, have you tried right-clicking then saving pictures you like?

Originally Posted by Mint
ZOMG. You rock. This is dangerous information...I hereby ban myself from everything!

LOL! Thanks.