Old 03-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #1

Join Date: Mar 2009
Default Spray gels? I tried Garnier Wonder Waves

Just wondering if anyone has had good luck with spray gels.
I used one (Garnier Wonder Waves) today on dry hair after getting stuck in the rain. It worked really well! My curls had fallen into a mass of frizz, but the spray gel made them bounce back up. The ends are piecey and clumped, and it's shiny and frizz-free. My husband asked if I used a curling iron to re-curl hair. Nice, huh?

In case anyone was wondering, this has a water soluble cone (peg-something dimethicone).

I haven't tried this on wet or damp hair, but I will.
3Aish hair, thin and fine-to-medium in texture, couple inches past shoulder length
Routine:
Wash/Condition: Jessicurl GLS, Aloeba, Too Shea
Curly: GVP The Cream (love this)
Straight: Ojon Tunu on wet hair, Aveda Smoothing Fluid and Style Prep Smoother before flat ironing or blow drying
diggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:16 AM   #2

rockthecurlz's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008

I use Fructis spray gel. I have better results so far with this than other gels I have used.
rockthecurlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #3

Mint's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007

Awesome! I have to check this out.

ETA: Odd, I can't find it on the official website.
2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.

Last edited by Mint; 03-12-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 04:42 PM   #4

egyptiancurls89's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Send a message via AIM to egyptiancurls89

i have used loreal tightly wound with great results!!
3B~Fine, porus, and really long
HG's~Plopping and Homemade FSG!! Thank you BB
Proud To Be Egyptian!
"Your head is like a crown on you.
It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
I am captured by your flowing curls."
Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)
egyptiancurls89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #5

claire cobra's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009

I've started using the LVPNG (L'oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss) Spray Gel. It's in a gold bottle. I really like it; it helps me evenly distribute the gel through my hair.

One thing is, it does have castor oil in it... it is PEG-modified, so I just co-wash and I haven't had any issues yet. But I know some people don't get along with castor oil.
Queer by nature, proud by choice!

CG since June 2008 / 3A

Shampoo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo
Oil: 100% pure Tea Tree Oil (massage into scalp before shampooing to relieve itching and flaking)
Conditioner: Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner
DT: AOHR with Honey and Olive Oil
Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner

Products: AG re:coil, L'Oreal Vive Pro Glossy Curls Spray Gel, MOP C-System Shaping Serum
claire cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:02 PM   #6

WurlyLox's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008

Can't use just it, but sometimes a little Samy I'm Twisted spray gel helps calm back down any frizz I might start getting while diffusing. Or just adds a little extra oomph when I need it. It's not strong enough hold on its own for me, though. I like it better than L'Oreal Tightly Wound. My only complaint is that sometimes it doesn't spray well (it's a little thicker than LTW), so I spray it on my hands, rub them together, then smooth over my hair.
2C/3A/3B - mod. CG, med. to fine, normal to low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated, GTTT or Aim2Health 'poos as scalp needs, YTCarrots or Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein Trtmt & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite, KCCC, AO Mandarin Magic, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing then clips or clamps & air dry. Blend gray w/henna glosses

www.fotki.com/auntnett

Last edited by auntnett; 04-29-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Correct Totally Twisted to Tightly Wound
WurlyLox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:53 AM   #7

xcptnl's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2005

I have never found a spray gel that I could spray directly on my hair - I always have to spray into my hand and then put it on my hair. I always seem to get this stream of gel in one spot whenever I try to use any spray directly into my hair. Makes me angry. I just contributed nothing to this thread other than a rant. Carry on.

Last edited by xcptnl; 03-19-2009 at 10:56 AM.
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote