sheamoisture product

i think this stuff looks a little generic. you know how some companies formulate well and some have a big mixed up goo, and the mixed up goo doesn't do anything for your hair except make it nasty. well that is how i see this line of product, their price is so cheap it makes me wary.

i guess the leave in has got good reviews in the past. times could have changed, i think maybe other leave ins could be better.

do you agree?

here is the link to the site that sells sheamoisture.

you can check out prices and ingredients there.
Thanks for the link!
I am interested in trying SheaMoisture, I just keep forgetting to purchase it, lol. I get too excited when I go into the VitaminShoppe on payday and have to restrict my spending afterwards.
3a/3b/3c hair all on one head

Castor oil
Coconut oil
Honey
Shea butter
I used the SheaMoisture for the first time this morning and right now I'm giving it a thumbs up. Want to give a go with a few other products before giving a final yea or nay. I used it as a moisturizer this AM.
Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
BC: 01/30/09
Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
awesome thanks for posting on this, i am sure it will be a benefit to some
I've used SM for a long time now... year round and it's never given me any problems or been what I would cosider cheap and knock-off like.
I say don't knock it until you've tried it...esp based on just appearance. A lot of curlies and wavies were raving about SheaM back in the day. Just because it isn't talked about much these days doesn't mean the love isn't there anymore. It's just the cycle of the boards.

I've used SheaM in the past and find it to be a quality product. Price doesn't necessarily equate quality. Take the Hair Rules lines for example - pretty pricey and the website looks nice, but raves for the line on this site are few and far between.
2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

Location: SoCal
I love SheaMoisture -- it's a fine product. A lot of curlies on this site use it and have given it rave reviews. I just wish I could buy it locally instead of having to order it from New York.
2-something? Coarse, medium underneath. Mid-back. On CG since 5/9/07.
Washing COs: VO5 Blackberry, Suave Cherry
Detangle and leave-in: Sally's GVP Conditioning Balm -- I found my HG CO!
Seal with camellia oil
Leave-in: Aura cherry almond
Gels: Homemade FSG, Eco-styler
Plus: SOTC or smooth with camellia oil, JC Nourish & Shine
Homemade food-based DTs
RC color
A week later and I've come to the conclusion that my hair doesn't like shea butter. My hair had the same reaction as the week I used unrefined shea butter on my hair. First day was nice and soft, as previously noted, but by the end of the week, it was hard, dry, and crunchy (the type of crunchy that comes from dryness). Oh well.
Last Relaxer: 09/19/08
BC: 01/30/09
Shea butter builds up on my hair terribly. I've never gotten long lasting moisture either.

The good thing about she is it is a good hair setter. I use it on my ends for roller sets or twists.
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL