Why Doesn't My Hair Like KCCC?

Again I will say, thank you Kathy Mack for the samples! I would have wasted a ton of money without you!

Anyhoo....I tried KCCC after careful research (on here, lol) and made sure to use a leave in under it (Gio DLI). My curls were limp, very producty, and greasy looking. Why can't my hair love it like everyone else on here?
Cleanser: Kathymack soap bars, Giovannie TTTT
Rinse Out: CJ Curl Theory, Aussie 3 Min Miracle, Giovanni 50:50, Jasmine's Shea, Sevi Pumpkin Seed
Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

My hair doesnt like it either. It does give major clumps.... but it also gives me poofy, and eventually fuzzy definitionless hair. And I never get 2nd day hair from it....

Also hate that greasy rubbery feeling and the that it DOUBLES my drying time.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
I find that either it (the KCCC) or my hair is very temperamental! Sometimes I'll use it and my hair is limp curls, not much volume--and then I have a day like today, when I have the best curls ever! I never know how much is too much or too little--my hair definitely likes a little more of it, with a little bit of leave-in. Today I added some ArcAngell gel, and it really turned out well. But like I say, I just can't depend on it every time, and that's kind of a drag.
3a/b
Wash: CJ Daily Fix, KM shampoo bars, Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying
Co-wash/Condish: Curls Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner
LI & Styling: KBB milk, CJ Beauticurls LI, CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Lite cream, CJ CIAB
DT: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Shea Butter

My hair doesn't love it either, I've put it to the back of the cupboard and am going to try it in winter when the weather's a bit damper. I'm not hopeful though.
3b in South Australia.
My hair doesn't love it either.
I tried it many times, all different ways, in many different combos. It's Just Not That Into Me!
It starts out okay... but then by 2-3 o'clock my hair looks like I haven't washed it in a month. Not good.

I keep meaning to put up on the Swap Board.

3a/3b

Giovanni Direct Leave In
JoicoWhip
Newest Fav: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My hair doesn't love it either.

I keep meaning to put up on the Swap Board.
Originally Posted by CurlyOver40!
This is exactly what happened to me. I'm going to try it again and use less, but it will be def be on the weekend cause i was at work with limp greasy hair, not good.

Originally Posted by Chelley Mae
And thanks to KathyMack from me, too for the same reason!

Today I picked up my sample and gave it another go and - literally - the left half of my head has decent shiny defined curls and the right half is a poofy mess. I'm throwing in my microfiber towel over this one and going back to the drawing board!
Currently on the shelf:
Cowash- suave coconut
condish- Biolage Conditioning Balm
Still experimenting with styling products-
BRHG, Kenra Moisturizing Condish (as a leave in), Mirra Gel and Mousse just added
Hair is getting healthier every day! Avoiding glycerin & alcohol for now.
It's actually a relief to hear that others are having problems with it too. It really doesn't seem to do anything for my hair- no clumps, no crunch, no hold and it doesn't matter if I use a little or a lot, scrunch or rake. I think I've tried all the suggested combinations and techniques. The only good thing about it is the smell!
Hair type: 2c-M-ii with extra frizz
Well, today is the first day I used it. So far my hair is wet-looking (yick) and I crave soft, beautiful curls! I will probably try again tomorrow, maybe I used too much? I do have shorter hair now. I'm glad to know it doesn't work for you guys too. Thanks.

And THANKS to KM as well for my sample!!!!!!!!
Well ladies. I may have been wrong!!! After I scrunched the crunch, I realized I probably used a huge amount because my hair is shorter than my avatar now and my crown was looking a bit too producty. So today I will try again. It gave me AMAZING root curls, awesome curl definition...after I scrunched the crunch. I will try a little less today. But it might actually work for me!!
Originally Posted by curlygirl18
I'm very happy for you!

But!!!

Tell us what you think by the end of the day.. My hair looked great too, for the first 5 hrs.. then... not so great.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

3a/3b

Giovanni Direct Leave In
JoicoWhip
Newest Fav: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All right. So I tried it agin. I'll preface this by saying I should probably keep experimenting. But, my hair gets curlier than normal with KCCC however when I scrunch it gets frizzy. I am not using a product when I scrunch. That is probably the problem, but I do not have time in the morning to do this nor will I bring gel to work to scrunch.

I don't think KCCC is conducive to me if I have to scrunch out the crunch with gel.

So either I suffer with frizz but great curls, or keep trying different products. Now I have to decide whether I want awesome curls that require crunch but if I am also okay with frizz. So I don't really know! Maybe I should post pictures...?
I am actually afraid to try this again, that's how bad my hair looked when I used it.
Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

I had the same issues I even gave it away, but I purchased some samples from kathymack and tried another option and viola! What I did was use a small amount of the wsp and abba pure and gentle and i put the kccc last. I detangled with the kckt my hair looks shiny, it does not look straw like big difference from the first time I tried it. I hth

Last edited by freshwaterpearl; 03-22-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Yes, I think tomorrow I am going to actually do some leave-in (as everyone recommended) and then do it. And then plop. Do you think that will work?

I had the same issues like everyone I even gave it away, but I purchased some samples from kathymack and tried another option and viola! What I did was use a small amount of the wsp and abba pure and gentle and i put the kccc last. I detangled with the kckt my hair looks shiny, it does not look straw like big difference from the first time I tried it. I hth
Originally Posted by freshwaterpearl
Unfortunately plopping and I are not great friends as of yet. My hair takes forever to dry so I put it in a few braids or twists since it cuts my air drying time. I think if plopping is the method that you have been using then I think it should work, let us know how it turns out hopefully it could help someone else.
Okay guys. Not that you care anymore, BUT. I did KCCC again today - less this time and waited until it was pretty much dry before I scrunched (I found I wasn't waiting long enough and getting frizz.) Anyways, pretty good curls. But I am a teacher and one of my students said "Ms.___, what's up with the wet head?" So that pretty much proved my point that KCCC is not for me on school day. Weekends, but not school days. My hair takes too long to dry and I do look like a wet head, ha. I will keep experimenting.