Old 03-21-2009, 06:26 PM   #1

curlygirl18's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Default Joico Curl Definer?

Has anyone tried this? Any success? I found some at my local ulta...but haven't read much about this particular Joico product. Any opinions?
curlygirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 07:53 PM   #2

curlygirl18's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009

Also...what can I DT with? VO5 hot oil? Anything else by V05?
curlygirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #3

winnie no poo's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009

I'm on my third bottle of this stuff. At first my hair really loved it and responded really well. Now, it's hit or miss and I'm finding that I have to use more and more to get the same effect it had months ago. It does separate and define my curls really well without frizz and leaves my curls very soft. However, it doesn't have a lot of hold, so you may need a light gel afterwards.
3a/3b
Burt's Bees Super Shiny low poo & condish
LVPNG, AOHR
Fave products: KCCC, KCKT, CK, Re:Coil, Joico, Aloe, BRHG
winnie no poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #4

Join Date: Apr 2009
Default Great at First.

I first used the Joico Curl Definer a few years ago and it worked great. My curls looked very natural and not stiff. But after a while my hair began to frizz and not seperate as nicely. Once in a while I try to use it again, but it does'nt look as good as when I first used it. I some times wonder if hair can get used to a product.
jen4705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #5

Join Date: Jun 2009
Default Love it!

Originally Posted by curlygirl18 View Post
I use it daily. It isn't too heavy, leaves a nice shine and does a pretty good job of holding through the entire day, unless I have a particular difficult hair activity day ie trying on clothes, outside and windy etc. I also use just a dab of Biolage Curl defining Elixer or Gelee to give it just a tiny bit of "stiffness" but it still looks soft and not wet or crunchy. There are better places on line to buy than ULTA...way expensive!!! (I have past my shoulders 3a1/2 curls.)
emasmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #6

reegs's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009

Originally Posted by emasmum View Post
Originally Posted by curlygirl18 View Post
I tried this an hated it. It built up in my hair and left it feeling icky. But thats just how my hair responded, everyone is different.
3B, Fine texture, normal or low porosity (I'm not sure)

Co-Wash - Say Yes to Cucumbers
Conditioner - Tresemme Naturals
DT - Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturising Conditioner
Products - Jessicurl Rockin' Ringlets Styling Potion, Jessicurl Confident Coils Styling Solution

Others I've used in the past:
Conditioner - DeLorenzo Rejuven8 Condtioner
Products - Sunsilk Curl Booster, Joico Joilotion, Garnier Fructis Styling Gel Endurance 24h
reegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #7

Join Date: Sep 2011

used many years ago, it did a beautiful job for the first few months, then stopped working for me. may be time to try it again. currently loving marc anthonys curl booster.
kionig is offline   Reply With Quote