View Poll Results: Which is better: Climate Control or Curl Keeper?
Curl Keeper 12 60.00%
Climate Control 8 40.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Which is better: Climate Control or Curl Keeper???

• 1 Post By SuZen
  • 1 Post By beaglecookie

I currently use Ouidad's Climate Control Gel for my medium length, 3b hair. It works fine, but I've heard good things about Curl Keeper also (frizzoff.com). Has anyone tried both, and if so, which do you prefer? I'm really looking to tame my frizz and keep my hair from "poofing" out too much- I have very thick, coarse hair. I'd appreciate any input!
Join Treasure Trooper and earn money by taking online surveys! I've been a member for less than a week, and I've already made $20. Just go to:

I love curl keeper. Can't do hair without it.
Hair almost to waist. Brown with light brown highlights. 3b spiral curls. I love curly hair.

One C, CK, Re:coil, Boots , Abba Weightless, BRHG, Spiral Cream, Curls Ecstasy and Ouidad DT

same as beaglecookie
3a

Faves: Deva One C, Spiral Curls Cream, NECL, Aura Hypoallergenic, Curl Junkie, Jessicurl
B&A Gel + AG Recoil + CurlKeeper
Curl Keeper is way better. I tried Climate Control and it did absolutely nothing for me - couldn't even tell there was anything in my hair.
Wow- Curl Keeper sounds like pretty good stuff. I'm thinking about buying it, but I want to make sure it's going to be worth the money. I'm still looking for that "miracle product." Thanks for the input!

I loooooooooove Curl Keeper! Seriously good stuff And I have very thick, coarse hair, too, by the way.

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

Wow, I definitely have to try Curl Keeper now. How much do you usually use in one application? On the website they made it seem like you need to saturate your hair in it.

Yeah, you have to use a lot. And it's so doggone expensive, too. I hemmed and hawed before ordering my second bottle, but truly, there's nothing like it for keeping away the halo frizz. It also just really, miraculously, makes my hair form big round curls.

I usually pour a palmful into my hands and accordian scrunch while bent forward. Then I stand upright and add about 1/2 palmful more.

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

I tried to do my hair without Curl Keeper last week and my hair looked awful. It had frizz and seemed dry. I wish they would have a sale of this stuff or at least a buy one get one free. Wouldn't that be great?

PW- mymia
I hear ya, Beaglecookie. And with your hair being so long, you must use up a bottle pretty quickly! But yeah, CurlKeeper is a "must have" for me, no matter what it costs! :P

Originally Posted by beaglecookie
That would be awesome! Even if they'd offer a second liter at half-price, I'd go for that!
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets.
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB
I use both with equal success. As a matter of fact, I just bought BOTH in 1L bottles for the second time. If my hair is extra dry, I like to use CC because it has more slip to it and is easier to distribute. I use either product everytime after I shower. Both do not feel producty in my hair no matter how much I use. Both calm my frizzies, especially if I air dry. If I could only use 1 product in my hair, CC or CK would be it. If I had to pick only one, then I would have to say CC...b/c of the increased slip factor.

However, both products are not meant to be holding products, but are the first line of frizz defense. Use gel of choice after.

Currently BRHG, SIF
I use a small amount of CK under my styler, so a bottle lasts quite a while. You might want to see if you can get hold of some Aura Hypoallergenic Gel (most easily found at Sally's), which is similar to CK and only $5.
centralvalleygirl likes this.
Slip you say...cant resist P.J. urges... now I have to try this!!! Can you use it for touch ups on dry or almost dry hair as well? Does it weigh down fine hair if you use too much? Is it supposed to be curl enhancing or just keep away frizz? Sorry for all the questions :^)
Originally Posted by long_n_curly
If you mean the Climate Control.....it is more of a serum (like CK) to keep moisture in the hair and calm the frizzes, no curl enhancement or hold. It has the consistency of mucus (I know that's gross). I haven't used it for touch ups, as I haven't mastered 2nd day hair yet. However, I can see using it on dampened hair. I have thick coarse hair and I use a lot with out buildup, weigh down, or producty feel. It feels light. For fine hair, I would suggest a light application and go from there. CK is much the same except a slightly more liquidy consistency. Both CC & CK costs about the same.

On a very rare occasion, I can get a little bit of very fine flakiness with either product and a heavy hand. But it isn't bad and only in spot areas like the root toward my front part. All I do when I'm done diffusing is slightly dampen my fingers and lightly brush it with my finger tips and its gone. My hair is very dark, so if threre was more, I'd see it.
Currently BRHG, SIF
I have never tried climate control, but I've been real happy w/ Curl Keeper, so maybe not so fair a vote I'm a 4a and it controls my frizz extremely well...

One Question though: Do most people use it under their gel? I've been using it on top to get good results. Is it meant to be applied under your gel? If so, I'd be happy to get even better results!!!
mostly4a/3c/frizz
pw:buttercup
Most curlies use it first, followed by gel of choice. But if you are getting good results the opposite way, <shrug> then I guess it doesn't really matter. Do what works.
Currently BRHG, SIF
I have Aura Hypo Allergenis Gel and it's nothing like Curl Keeper. I've been using it for 4 months now. They are both completly different textures and go on differently. The Curl Keeper is slimy and the gel has a thicker texture to it. The gel also doesn't help to stop frizz at all.
centralvalleygirl likes this.