Old 06-19-2006, 12:49 PM   #1

Join Date: Apr 2006
Default Rave for another Activate product, Hydrating Conditioner(CG)

Can I say wow! It gave me great slip. I was very impressed. It performed as well as the Jessicurl Too Shea!, maybe even better(sorry Jessicurl if you are reading ). The only drawback is the smell, which is kind of fruity like the shampoo, but the condish had an uderlying musty smell Not sure if I just got a bad bottle or if they are all that way. I am going to check next time I hit Rite Aid. It's texture is kinda creamy, not as much as One C but more than Suave or VO5. It is a good price, $6.99(US) for a 12 oz bottle. This may very well be my newest HG. I am going to be using exclusively since it is my only condish(I use Suave or VO5 or White Rain for CO washing), and will update when the bottle is empty to see if my feelings on it has changed. I am so excited, I just got out of the shower and couldn't wait to review this stuff I like it so much! I am not sure I am leaving out any information, so ask away if you need to

b]Ingredients[/b]
Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Isopropyl Myristate, Decyl Oleate, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract, Echinacea Angustifolia Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Tocopherol, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Coccoloba Uvifera Extract, Soy Amino Acids, Persea Gratissima Fruit Extract Avocado, Nymphaea Alba Root Extract, Fragrance, Dicaprylate Dicaprate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben
Old 06-19-2006, 12:59 PM   #2

Join Date: Apr 2006

Can't wait to hear how you like it when you're done! I saw this over the weekend, and was very tempted to get it, but ended up ordering Eulecense instead. Glad you like it so far!!

Old 07-03-2006, 03:14 PM   #3

Join Date: Apr 2006

I just finished the bottle today and still love this stuff! I am declaring this an HG for me
Old 07-03-2006, 06:52 PM   #4

Brio's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2005

You got it at Rite Aid?

Have you seen it anywhere else?

thx.

Frizz Happens!

my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!

Brio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 07:34 PM   #5

Join Date: Apr 2006

Nope. If you go to their homepage, there is a search for finding it ner you. I hae to drive 20 miturs to find a plave that seels it.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:36 PM   #6

Join Date: Feb 2006
Default never heard of it

I've never seen or heard of this stuff where did you get it?

Old 07-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #7

Join Date: Apr 2006
Default Re: never heard of it

Originally Posted by jenjen
I've never seen or heard of this stuff where did you get it?
riteaid

Here's their home page
Old 07-03-2006, 09:28 PM   #8

Join Date: Feb 2006
Default buy it from the site

you can also buy it from their website. Did you use some as a leave in? It looks (ingredients) and it sounds like a good product for a good price. I like bargins sorry my inner pj wants to come out to play even the shampoo looks cg friendly… oh no pj wants to go to ulta tomorrow lol. Oh well must wait short on the mula. Oh by the by internetchick I ordered some of the amenta shampoo and condish online. Shall be using that first then I’m going for this stuff esp. since I can buy it local and not pay extra for shipping.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:53 PM   #9

Join Date: Apr 2006

I tried the shampoo and like it too Yes it is CG. I have it for the rare occasion I might need a gentle shampoo, though the last time I used it I think was over a month ago. I did use the condish as a leave-in as well. I am going to try the Amenta tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:03 PM   #10

Brio's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2005

I'm tired of livin' in the boonies. I'd have to drive over 50 miles to buy some at a store!

The prices seem really good, but I get so tired of paying s&h.

Frizz Happens!

Brio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #11

Default wow

Wow I thought Oklahoma was bad. It's a ten minute drive for me but that's because I live in Norman... incase you have no idea what I'm talking about it's where The University of Oklahoma. But there are very few major cities in Oklahoma. I think really there is 4 in this huge state!!

Old 07-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #12

Default soft curls

Does anyone know if their "soft curls" is cg?

Old 07-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #13

Default Re: soft curls

Originally Posted by jenjen
Does anyone know if their "soft curls" is cg?
It has a modified -cone, which makes it CG. I tried it and didn't like it at all.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:47 PM   #14

Join Date: Feb 2006

yeah i just found that posting. oops hehehe good to know. I think I could just to some condish as a leave in and use my abba gel.

Old 07-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #15

Join Date: Jun 2006

I just bought it at ULTA, and I'm going to try it tomarrow How exciting.
Curls are hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 10:54 AM   #16

Originally Posted by Curls are hot
I just bought it at ULTA, and I'm going to try it tomarrow How exciting.
Hope you like it
Old 07-07-2006, 12:21 PM   #17

Join Date: Apr 2006

My PJ turned my truck around, and MADE me go into CVS to buy the Activate condish. Just wondering, is the Behentrimonium Methosulfate bad? I"m ingredients challenged.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #18

Originally Posted by SpaghettiHead
I found this link which doesn't lead me to belive it is bad. I am not a guru either though I am on my 2nd bottle of this stuff and still love it, it doesn't build up or dry out my hair and it has the best slip ever!
Old 07-07-2006, 01:51 PM   #19

Join Date: Apr 2006

Thanks! that doesn't look bad to me either. I'm excited to try it, especially since you said you liked it as much or better than too shea.

Old 07-10-2006, 06:56 AM   #20

SuZen's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2003

Ulta carries that line too.
SuZen is offline   Reply With Quote