*GoW Majik Lockes and Seamollient*

Just got my Seamollient sample from kathymack. Anyone tried mixing it with KCCC? I'm hoping that it will encourage more volume and root curl, since KCCC on it's own gives an elongating effect.
Originally Posted by opera_curls
Tried this yesterday and it totally worked. I used about 50:50 KCCC and Seamollient & applied it as I normally would with KCCC, and I had some great root curl and volume that lasted all day & evening with minimal frizz.
Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
I LOVE HENNA!
I was going to order from CO organics. I called & spoke to the owners b/c I had a question re the preservatives or any other additional additives. she mentioned to me that their current batch is: 99% marine algae,.5%citric acid & .5% prop. glycol. she mentioned their next batch will have a preservative similar to optiphen( which I prefer). Im going to wait a bit b/4 I order to try get my order from the new batch if I cant find it any where else W/ out the p gylcol
I wish the Seamollient wasn't backordered. Any ideas when it will be back in stock?

I used the last of my sample yesterday as a stand-alone styler over some KBB Nectar and had the softest, shiny spirals I've ever seen on my head! And no frizz all day! Some guy asked me in the elevator if I had just had my hair professionally done in a salon (he was cute, too). I'm still smiling about it.

I LOVE HENNA!
Helloitsio & Kathymack: did you ever get around to making the master serum? How did it work out?

Also, I'm curious about using the seamollient as a facial product, since I was always under the impression that algae was comedogenic.

I did:

Master Serum with Seamollient

Haven't read anything about using it as a facial product. Do you have any information about it??

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
Has anyone contacted the sellers (CO.com and the other ones--I can't remember the names) to see when they would have a new shipment of seamollient in. I'm thinking about doing that but want to know if anyone else has done it already.
~belasuna
Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

I did:

Master Serum with Seamollient

Originally Posted by kathymack
Can't remember which website it was, but one of them advertised the Seamollient as being a natural skin-tightener for facial skin.

I LOVE HENNA!
I used seamollient for skincare way before I ever learned to use it for my hair. It's much like hyaluronic acid but it does make your skin feel tighter. It never broke me out but I didn't like how the tightness made my skin feel like it wasn't getting enough moisture.
2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

Location: SoCal
Hmm, can I really justify buying a 32oz jug of Seamollient? I'm thinking YES! There are just so many applications for it... LOL, I'm terrible.

Originally Posted by opera_curls
PJ mom here, LOL! You're not terrible. It's something that you know you like, it's reasonably priced, has multiple uses--so buy it with all of our blessing!

Gosh, that 32oz tub is practically big enough to swim in!!! Just wanted to say that Colorado Organics customer service is great - My order was processed and shipped out the next day, and was on my doorstep in 3 days.

I LOVE HENNA!
SooOOOooooo how else are you using it? You mentioned that you're mixing it with KCCC. I see that you're using it with KBB nectar as well? Do you use the Nectar as a leave in, then mix the KCCC 50:50 with the seamollient?

OR do you still like it over nectar alone?

Someone else mentioned they use it mixed with their leave in.
Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.

I suppose it could be mixed with a LI but I treat it like a gel since it dries crunchy. I scrunched it in over the KBB Nectar in the same way I would do with any other gel or curl cream. I have several styling products I like to rotate but I'm a minimalist when it comes to how many I pile on in one go. Basically, the Seamollient boosts hold and curl formation as my hair dries, and since it's light I can pair it with pretty much anything. I haven't touched my BRHG in weeks!

Giovanni Direct is my other favorite leave-in. It works about the same as the KBB Nectar on my hair.

April

Originally Posted by AprilnUtah
$7.86
The total cost was $27.86
Originally Posted by opera_curls
That's not bad for 32 oz, I'm going to give it a try.
April
3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

+1 to all the above. Colorado Organics is awesome. Seamollient is awesome and very reasonable for the huge size. Plus it lasts years.
~belasuna
CO: protein free MRcondish
Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum
Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
Originally Posted by opera_curls
Ditto on the great customer service. I ordered the seamollient yesterday morning and 4 hours later, I received notice that it had shipped. Yay!!

I held off on ordering this until I noticed that they had reformulated and cut out the propylene glycol. I can't wait to see how this works in my hair.
So, how are you ladies getting the Seamollient out of the tub to apply it? My first thought was to just scoop out a bit with my fingers, but this stuff is too gloppy for that and I didn't want to introduce bacteria/moisture into the container and spoil the whole batch (what a waste).

So I put some in an old Jessicurl bottle. Which is easier said than done. I scooped the seamollient out with a small measuring cup and dumped it into a funnel on top of the bottle, then had to wait 2-3 minutes for all the gel to drip through, then repeated four or five times until the bottle was full. Kinda messy, a bit time-consuming, but worth it.

I LOVE HENNA!
im ordering mine tomorrow.. plan on using it in my lil homemade concoctions