Dabur Alma Oil

Does anyone know the ingredients of this oil? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I also want to know how I can use this oil in my hair.

Here are the ingredients for Dabur Amla Oil:

Ingredients:

Paraffinum Liquidum , Canola Oil, Palm Glycerides, Emblica Officinals (Amla) Extract in Canola Oil, Fragance, t-Butyl Hydroquinone (Anti oxidant),
Colors: D&C: Yellow No.10, Green No.6, Red No.17

The first ingredient is mineral oil. Everyone has different hair needs, but personally, I would avoid anything containing mineral oil.

Instead, Dabur makes a wonderful oil for oiling and deep treating your hair, Vatika Coconut Hair Oil.

Ingredients:

Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera Oil), Neem (Azadirachta indica Leaf Extract), Brahmi (Centella asiatica Plant Extract), Fruit Extracts of Amla, Bahera and Harar,(Extracts of Embilica officinalis, Terminalia belirica and Terminalia chebula), Kabur kachri (Hedychium spicatum rhizome Extract), Henna (Lawsonia inermis leaf Extract), Milk (lac), Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis Oil) Lemon Oil, Citrus limonum Oil), TBHQ (t-butyl Hydroquinone), Fragrance
I have this oil and I love it. And it does not contain mineral oil. Oils can be used many different ways and plenty of info can be found on the web and also this site using the search function.

I bought my Vatika Oil here. I've also seen it on amazon.com, here.
Okay thanks. I will try to order the Vatika.

How do you use it?

Here are the ingredients for Dabur Amla Oil:

Colors: D&C: Yellow No.10, Green No.6, Red No.17

Ingredients:

I bought my Vatika Oil here. I've also seen it on amazon.com, here.
3b textured curly from DK.

I have used it on dry hair, like a pre-poo. I warmed up about a tablespoon in the microwave, and applied it to my scalp using my fingers. Sometimes I let it sit for a few minutes, other times I have put on a shower cap and sat under the hooded dryer. Then I low-poo out and condition and style as usual.

Other times, I have co-washed my hair, applied the oil in the shower and finger combed through. Again, donning my shower cap, a microfiber turban, and slept with it for an overnight treatment.

I have added it to my Hesh Ayurvedic powders, which I also purchased through mehndiskinart.com. Again, I do this for a deep treatment

I'm sure there are other ways to use the oil, this is just what I have done. I like the way it smells, kind of fresh, green and lemon-y. And I don't use much more than a tablespoon per application.

Hope this helps!
Thank you, you have been very helpful :-)

Now that we're talking about this I wanted to ask you if it's okay to put it in the hair before going to bed and then wash it out when I wake up? I only use shampoo once a week, so maybe it would be a bad idea since the oil will be stuck in my hair till the day I shampoo-wash.

Hope this helps!
3b textured curly from DK.

If you only wash your hair once a week, I would use the oil treatment the night before, then wash it out the next morning.
Okay thanks I will try that

I like to use the Vatika Coconut Oil two ways:
1. as a pre-poo (the coconut oil is supposed to protect hair from chlorine, which my water is treated with *lovely*)
2. as a sealant/moisturizer after showering. (I comb a tiny amount through my hair and I feel that it seals moisture in and blocks out humidity). Note, I use this before blow-drying my hair straight (still haven't gone CG yet).
2c-3a. Thick density. Texture = mixture of medium and fine.

Always trying to boost my curl!

Go-to products: Pink Boots, CJSG, LALSG, Abba Pure Finish gel
Experimenting with: CJAF, CJ CCCC, JCRR/CC, BRHG, PB Goo, Re:Coil, Komaza CHP, EcoStyler Protein
Didn't like: HESMU, Matrix Biolage Gelee (both too goopy)

Last updated: Dec. 3, 2009