Old 09-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #81

smokindiva's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2000

I did twist on wet hair last night using Eco Olive, Herbal Essence conditioner and Oyin Whipped Pudding. This morning I woke up with get twist, but a ton of flakes. It looks like I have a bad case of dandruff. Not sure what I did wrong but since I've used Herbal Essence and Oyin before, I think its the gel. Or maybe just the combo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
-MLK

Loves: Henna, Amla, Rhassoul clay, avocado butter, aloe vera gel, flax seed gel and castor oil.
smokindiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #82

Kinks74's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by smokindiva View Post
I would nix the HE conditioner and add an oil to seal in moisture.
Kinks, kinks and more kinks

Current Goodies: KBB Hair Mask, KBB Deep Condish, JC WDT, Oyin Juices & Berries, Oyin Shine & Define, Oyin Whipped Pudding
Faves & Raves: Oyin Juices & Berries, KBB Deep Condish, JC WDT, CBSS WSHP, KCCC, Henna
Not so Goodies: Proteins & heavy oils...
Current Challenge: kinky & twisted! (ahem, two-strand twisted)
Kinks74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #83

Originally Posted by *Angela* View Post
I was using this gel alone but it was taking forever for my hair to dry. I've started using it over the Biotera gel and am getting great curls with this combo and it has really reduced my drying time.
I was soooo glad to read this hint. I was having a hard time using the Ecostyler until this tip. I did it on soaking wet hair in the shower after a bit of GVP PM The Detangler as a leave-in. Then I plopped for a while, clipped the roots and finished air drying. Small amount of crunch that scrunched out easily. This nay be my new fav! Thanks, Angela!!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #84

botticelli_girl922's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009

All of these positive reviews certainly sound promising! I'm going to Sally's tomorrow, and if the store near me carries Eco Styler gels, I will probably pick one up.

If they don't carry them, I'll have to order (I've heard that if you ask they can deliver the specific product to your store).

Yay for inexpensive gels that work!
Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
botticelli_girl922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #85

CurlyOver40!'s Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007

So... if someone tried and tried KCCC and came to the conclusion it wasn't for her... should she even brother trying this? Is this the same as KCCC, but less expensive?

3a/3b

Old 09-29-2009, 11:50 PM   #86

crystal tips's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by CurlyOver40! View Post
They perform differently for me. Eco Styler Krystal has protein in it, and KCCC doesn't. I find Eco Styler has less hold but my hair has more volume (my avi pic shows my hair using ES Krystal) and also way less drying time for me. KCCC gives me better hold, slightly more defined curls but long drying time - I also get better 2nd/3rd day hair with KCCC. I mix both with a little hard hold gel (boots purple at the mo - until the BRHG arrives!) I find that if I rotate them, I get a better performance from each of them - if that makes sense! HTH
UK - 3a/b med/coarse - mix normal/ high porosity.
Currently in my rotation:
Cleanser/Cowash: CJDF,
Tresemme Naturals, DGJ Hairjuice clarifying, Urtekram Lavender
Conditioners/DT's: CJH&BDF, CJCR, DBPSC, AOWC, Y2C
Protein: AOGPB, Joico Reconstruct Condish (regular not PT)
Leave Ins/Curl Creams: CJCCCC, CJ Smoothing, KeraCare/JCAC
Gel: FSG, BRHG, Giovanni LA Natural Styling Gel, L'Oreal Studio Mineral Control Invisi'Gel
crystal tips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:02 AM   #87

CurlyOver40!'s Avatar

Originally Posted by crystal tips View Post
Originally Posted by CurlyOver40! View Post

Yes, it makes sense. I may just have to give it a whirl.
Crystal, your hair is beautiful.

3a/3b

CurlyOver40! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 06:51 AM   #88

burgundy_locks's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008

has anyone tried this with pink Boots or with FSG? any results?
para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products
wash with Low Poo or Poo
condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil

crystal tips's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by crystal tips View Post
Originally Posted by CurlyOver40! View Post

Yes, it makes sense. I may just have to give it a whirl.
Crystal, your hair is beautiful.
Thanks so much! Your curls look pretty lovely in your avi!

I have to say, since going CG my hair is much softer, less dry and more curly - I'm still working on the frizz factor tho' - lol - I think the frizz might be more of a challenge!
UK - 3a/b med/coarse - mix normal/ high porosity.
Currently in my rotation:
Cleanser/Cowash: CJDF,
Tresemme Naturals, DGJ Hairjuice clarifying, Urtekram Lavender
Conditioners/DT's: CJH&BDF, CJCR, DBPSC, AOWC, Y2C
Protein: AOGPB, Joico Reconstruct Condish (regular not PT)
Leave Ins/Curl Creams: CJCCCC, CJ Smoothing, KeraCare/JCAC
crystal tips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:38 AM   #90

Join Date: Sep 2009

Tried some yesterday! Think it may be LOVE! LOLLL Still working with it! Don't like how my ends look when dry.. (no curl). May put something stronger on my ends....

Old 10-01-2009, 06:52 AM   #91

Isn't it awesome?!

On a suggestion here, I use gel UNDER it. Either Biotera or Volumax. I still like to use a light leave-in (GVP PM The Detangler) under that. It may sound like a lot, but it gives nice curl.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #92

Isn't it awesome?!

Ahhhh ....You put Biotera or Volumax OVERon top of the gel? Is that what you mean? Interesting.....

Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 AM   #93

Isn't it awesome?!

NO, NO, conditioner, gel THEN ecostyler...sounds weird, but it works.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #94

Isn't it awesome?!

NO, NO, conditioner, gel THEN ecostyler...sounds weird, but it works.
Ok Thanks! Will try that... I have so much hair and bulk... it never seems like I can use too much product! LOLLLLLLL

Old 10-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #95

*Angela*'s Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009

Originally Posted by *Angela* View Post
I just saw this...you're welcome! Glad to hear it worked for you .
3b. Normal porosity. Medium texture. Low elasticity.

CONDITIONERS: GVP The Detangler, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta, Suave Pomegranate Splash, KC Knot Today

LEAVE-IN: Shea Moisture Shea Butter (LOVE!)

STYLERS: CJ Curl Queen (LOVE!), Biotera Gel, LA Looks Sports Gel, AOMM
*Angela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:18 AM   #96

jlpmom23's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007

I saw the Sally Beauty ad for October, and it looks like Ecostyler is on sale this month for $2.99, 32 ounces. That is an INSANE deal!! I am definitely picking some up this weekend!
jlpmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:50 AM   #97

Originally Posted by jlpmom23 View Post
I am sooo there! Plus I just got my 15% coupon for spending last month on my Sally's card!

Old 10-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #98

jlpmom23's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007

Oh my, I think I LOVE this!! I used it alone, w/ just a bit of GVP Detangler as my leave-in. It is kind of weird and sticky when you apply, i was so worried it would lead to awful results. Wrong!! I let air dry for about 45 min., then had to diffuse, and I loved the results. My hair was actually really light and bouncy, and the curl enhancement - WOW!! I even had a couple friends tell me my hair looked curlier this morning!

I want to try this pj's style, over some stronger hold gel to see what happens. But, if I have continued success w/ this, my KCCC is going into hibernation for a bit, because it has never treated me as good as Ecostyler!
jlpmom23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:11 AM   #99

Join Date: Oct 2009
Default New to this! Help!

Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and new to having natural hair. I'll be 21 next month, and I've had a relaxer since I was little. I went several months without one last year and when I could still handle my hair, I decided to grow it out and go natural. I trimmed off the last of my relaxed hair a couple of weeks ago (yay!), but I've still been straightening it because I don't know what to do with it when it's curly!

My hair is some 3b, some 3c and it's thick. When I let it air dry, it gets too big and frizzy and tangled for me to really be able to do anything with it. Lately, I've been scouring the Internet for tips on how to manage it so that I can wear it curly.

I came across this board today, and it seems like this Krystal stuff might actually be able to work for me. But it seems like most people use it in combination with other products. I just started using a new shampoo. It's called Cristophe Beverly Hills Hydrating Shampoo, and I get it from CVS. I also use the matching conditioner. I like how soft it makes my hair, but I've read that sulfates could be bad for my hair, and it does contain them.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should use? Are the shampoo and conditioner I'm using ok, or should I be using something else? Also, what's a good leave-in conditioner, and what might be the best way to use the Krystal?

Like I said, I'm really new to this and I'm just trying to find out how to wear my hair natural. Any tips/suggestions would be great! Thanks!
angel_co06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #100

hi angel and welcome!

I would say if your shampoo has sulfates you should try something else. Check for silicones too. The ones with "PEG" in front are ok.

I like GVP Conditioning Balm and GVP Paul Mitchell The Detangler for leave-ins.

I am using Ecostyler as below in my siggie. I tried it today over Organic Root Stimulator Lock & Twist and this was a good combo so far. We'll see how it holds up.

Good luck!