Ecostyler Krystal Styling Gel Product Review

I just tried this for the first time today! It's da bomb! I used about a dime size I scrunched into my sopping wet hair and then added FSG and a pea size of Noodle head. I love it! Its my new HG! No frizz but bouncy springy curls with lots of shine and softness. I give it two thumbs up!!! Just thought I'd share.

______________
3a/3bcurls, blonde, color treated,med fine.
Co-Wash: Suave Naturals & White Rain Conditioners,VO5 Moisture Milks, Burts Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Shampoo

RO= GVPCB,Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholestrol& Mango conditioner
LI= Herbal Essence Hello Hydration,VO5 Moisture Milks.
DT= JC WDT, GVP KPAK

Styling: FSG,,Ecostyler Krystal Gel, LALSG,&AfroVeda Curly Custard, Cocolatte Moisture Mask, Pur Whipped Gelly

Originally Posted by Czechfan

Mmhmm. Yes girl. Welcome to the club.
Thanks! Its a great club to belong in and I'm happy to have found it. Viva la curls!!!

______________
3a/3bcurls, blonde, color treated,med fine.

RO= GVPCB,Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholestrol& Mango conditioner
LI= Herbal Essence Hello Hydration,VO5 Moisture Milks.
DT= JC WDT, GVP KPAK

I'm right there with you. It replaced KCCC for me.
LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
I'm right there with you. It replaced KCCC for me.
Originally Posted by hippychic
for real i'll have to invest in some with the quickess

Transitioning from fitting in to standing Out ......

DON't mIND ME I havE AN AdvancEd case of CapS LOck DIharreA

INNERSENSE ORGANIC BEAUTY
JESSICURL
CURLJUNKIE
DEVACURL
(BUMBLE, AUBREY ORGANICS, JANE CARTER)
I have been using the Eco Styler Krystal for the past week and I have to say it is some of the most bizarre stuff I have ever used. And it's so thick.

I use quite a bit (about 4 quarter size globs)...to the point it's difficult to get my fingers through my hair and it feels gummy...but yet, even though it seems like it's going to dry hard and unscrunchable, once I SOTC my hair is extremely soft and defined. And best of all no frizz!

The only thing I don't care for is when I wet my hair to co-wash it has a producty feel but as soon as I put in my conditioner all is good again.

I must say I really like this stuff. And you definitely can't beat the price.
3b. Normal porosity. Medium texture. Low elasticity.

CONDITIONERS: GVP The Detangler, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing, CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta, Suave Pomegranate Splash, KC Knot Today

LEAVE-IN: Shea Moisture Shea Butter (LOVE!)

STYLERS: CJ Curl Queen (LOVE!), Biotera Gel, LA Looks Sports Gel, AOMM
this gel is awesome...used kinky curly and it is a very good gel but the truth is my hair shrinks with kinky curly....i use eco and get the same definition, if not better, with no shrinkage....oh and did i mention, $30-40 bucks cheaper....so there you go!!!!!
ecostyler.....kinky curly
I recently became a member of the club, too, thanks to Hippychic and a few others. This from a person with very picky hair.
BC: 01/30/09
Misc: 1st time going natural was '94-'98; 2nd time - '99-2003; This time I will not go back to relaxers.
I am so glad you started this thread. I love KCCC, but I'm only on my first tub. I think one tub may last me a year, since I don't use KCCC every day, so the price doesn't bother me that much. Still, if they ever change the ingredients in KCCC or it becomes hard to find, I would try EcoStyler Krystal.

Does EcoStyler Krystal come in a tube or a tub?

Do you use something over it for hold? Asking, because I get consistent great curls all day with KCCC/BRHG combo.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
One of the things I love about Eco Krystal, is that how your hair looks wet, it will look when dry with minimal (or no) shrinkage. I love KCCC, but that price kills me, plus my hair shrinks to hell. The curls are defined and look great, but my hair is very thick, and I don't like that it takes literally ALL day and then some, before it dries. Eco takes a while too, because I use a GENEROUS amount. And I mean GENEROUS. Or should I say GINORMOUS....LOL
I have to literally like, saturate my hair with it, but the results are the bomb!! In the end I just redampen it, and the curls are popping all over the place.
I just came back from NYC with the biggest bucket of Ecostyler Krystal I have ever seen. I think it's five pounds. I will post a pic when a have a moment.

Does EcoStyler Krystal come in a tube or a tub?

Originally Posted by curls2grow
It comes in a tub. I got it on sale at Sally's a few weeks ago.

I've used it with Qhemet Honeybush Soft Tea Gel, Abb Pure Gentle Condish, Yes to Cucumbers Leave-in, over KCNT and KCCC. For me, it played nicely over the top of all of these and gave nice clumping and curl definition. I will say that I tried it on it's own and did not get similar results.
Originally Posted by Hakim Nuraldin
Hakim, how do you get it to dry in less time. My only ecostyler complaint is that my hair takes twice as long to dry as when I use KCNT/KCCC.
Originally Posted by Hakim Nuraldin
Originally Posted by QVCDiva

LMAO!! Girl, I just don't. It dries better the more time that I spend outside since it's hot right now. But for me KCCC makes my hair stay damp longer. With Eco Krystal, I always end up sticking my hair under the shower for a few seconds after applying to break up the hardness/tackiness a little bit, plus it helps in reshaping it, and that seems to help it dry a little more because I'm sort of slightly diluting it at the end and therefore it dries a little faster. A little messy though. I can't think of a thing that I do with my hair now that I'm natural, that isn't a little messy.
LOL. Maybe that's my difference, I'm messier with the KCNT and KCCC and more precise with the Ecostyler. I usually do my hair in the AM. KC, I'm usually dry at the 6th hour and Ecostyler, 14 hours later and I'm still damp and not just a little damp. My hair has always taken a long time to dry, anyway, but over 14 hours is ridiculous.
BC: 01/30/09

Last edited by QVCDiva; 08-15-2009 at 01:58 PM.
It just HAD to have protein in it, didn't it.

3b/c fine corkscrews and spirals. Naked hair above.

Wash: Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo
Condish: Shescentit Avocado/Honey Rinse
Moisture DT: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk, Crece Pelo
Protein DT: Shescentit Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor
Leave-Ins: Shescentit Coco Creme, Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean, Aubrey Organics Primrose Spray
Stylers: Aubrey Organics B-5, Shea Moisture Curly Souffle

Subject to change!
Has anyone tried the other two versions; black tub w/ protein, clear tub w/ olive oil?

They're 2 for $7 this month at Sally's.
I'm so damn impressionable. I just returned from Sally's, Eco-Krystal in tow...
Super cheap alternative to KCCC? And with protein??? I'm all ears, er, eyes...
http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
I LOVE HENNA!

They're 2 for $7 this month at Sally's.
Originally Posted by lazy loops
The olive version has the same hold number (10) as the krystal clear but it DOES NOT work the same on my hair. It feels different in consistency and performs with a lighter hold. To me, the olive oil version is similar to the pink version (hold rating 7). There are several utube vids up that note this same thing.

@ Hakim Nuraldin - I totally agree with you