Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Conditioner (regular not the treatment)

I've been using this on and off for awhile. Good stuff!! I follow it with the hydrating something or another by joico.

My bff is relaxed and I used it on her hair also...man oh MAN it was like her hair was brought back to life.

[/B]
Empress, do you mean the treatment, though. I use the treatment with the intense hydrator (and nothing makes my hair supersoft and lively again like that combo). Really good duo for dry, damaged, protein-happy hair.

Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
this:

holy crap i dont see it anymore! but i did get this

no no found it!! i got this

[/B]
Yeah, the Treatment/IntHydrator combo is beyond the bomb. I do plan to get the other Joico stuff I haven't tried--the JoiWhip, JoiGel, and Kpak Conditioner on RCC's recommendation.

Originally Posted by empressri
It doesn't help that the treatment and the conditioner have such similar names.

Originally Posted by empressri
It doesn't help that the treatment and the conditioner have such similar names.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
+1 on this. The other day I used what I thought was my usual K-Pak PT. Turns out it was the Intense Hydrator. I had grabbed a tube I found on sale for $12 and didn't pay attention. Oh well, it did a good job anyway...lol.
3B, fine, low/normal porosity
CG - July 2009
CO/RO/Trt.-Suave, BCB, Tigi OH & MM, EO, CJRehab, SG, DF & CF, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Darcy's, K-Pak, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin, JCWDT, CurlQ
LI-GDLI, Abba PGC, CJRehab, CF,SG & BCLI, Jasmine's, Bellacurl, SS, Shescentit, DE Coconut, MD, Oyin
Styler-FSG, Re:coil, CJCCCC lite & CIAB, Komaza CCP & CS, DB, BRHG, Joiwhip/gel, Ecostyler, Boots, SS, Gel-les'c, DMMCG, KCSS
Too many others to list!
Yeah, their line names are confusing as heck. They need to change the bottle of the reconstructor to some other color or put stripes on it or something. haha

Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

I got this one in the Allure Beauty Box -- the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor. I have not tried it yet, but was planning to tomorrow.

The instructions on the product say to leave it on for 5 minutes. I usually leave my DTs on for 30-40 minutes while I treadmill (using no heat, just a shower cap on top). Is it possible that 30-40 minutes with the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor would be too long? I find it hard to believe that 5 minutes will do much.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Salon Care Honey Almond, Devacurl OC, Acure Argan Stem Cell+Argan Oil, Mill Creek Botanicals Keratin Repair
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
DT: Kiehl's Olive Fruit Oil Deeply Repairative Hair Pak, Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!

Originally Posted by Spiralli
Hi Spiralli! I always use the K-Pak Reconstructor for at least 30 minutes. Sometimes with 10 min. of heat. It's never caused me a problem. It leaves my hair feeling so soft. Enjoy!
3B, fine, low/normal porosity
CG - July 2009
Too many others to list!
angel29ish, thanks for that encouragement!

I used the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor today and it was on my head for about 30-40 minutes under a processing cap with no heat. My hair felt great when I was rinsing it out in the shower. I've read posts and reviews saying that this is not a conditioner at all, recommending that a conditioner is necessary for detangling. I just used my normal leave-in when I got out of the shower, gently raking it through my hair; I didn't add any conditioner after I rinsed out the Joico. I had no trouble detangling that way. Then I used MGASG and air-dried. My hair was so soft. I like it enough to try it again. May sound odd, but I want to see what my hair feels like in the morning.
Location: Texas
Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
Leave-ins: BWC, KCKT, cno overnight
Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG
Because of this thread, I got that Joico rinse out and this past month used it finally, cause my hair was craving some more protein (but I hesitated to do a full out reconstruct). My hair loves it. Immediately, after putting it on, my hair just turned all silky and liquidy soft. Amazing.

I don't use it all the time, but whenever I can clearly see my hair wants more protein, it's a great, great rinse out for me.

I own both tubes of the reconstructor and the intense hydrator, cause when I do the protein with heat , I follow with the hydrator with heat, and that is my top top top top uber-protein and condish duo.

Dumping clumps for VOLUME!

This is a rinse out "normal" conditioner, lol, not a treatment, which is why the title is what it is.

This is back in frequent rotation now that it's hot (by PA standards). The protein really does help me in the summer. My summer tangle feel differently than my winter tangles, and I can see that summer tangles need protein.

I also think that the 'cones help. I didn't get build up from it last year, and haven't yet this year either.

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
Yeah, this is my first summer gone "natural", and I notice that my hair is loving this protein stuff much more than in winter/spring.

I wish Joico made the names EASIER to relate to folks. I mean, I know what I mean, but I know it's easy to confuse others.

Anyone use this line's poo at all (in past or present)?

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls

Anyone use this line's poo at all (in past or present)?
Originally Posted by MirCurls
I have, more when I was straightening. It works well for smoothing. I have used it a few times in the last year. It does have sulfate in it, so I am hesitant but I still like it.
Thanks SBB!

Yes, this one is a regular conditioner. It's sort of confusing because the name is similar to the treatment.

For whatever reason, as instantly straw as other proteins get me, keratin is as well and good for me. The cones in this haven't given me an issue as of yet either.

Magoo, I hear ya on the PJ curbing! I should be thankful I guess, lol.
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls
yes, this is kind of confusing
I went looking for Joico K Pak reconstruct and found it but the label said leave on for 3 minutes and rinse. I wanted a deep conditioner. So I guess I need to look for the version that says treatment on the label. Have you tried that one?
thanks
I have. I find them to be fairly similar, though YMMV.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I have. I find them to be fairly similar, though YMMV.
thanks
so would you say you could use the regular one for a treatment - just leave in longer with heat, etc?
Well, I've used the treatment one as a regular conditioner. I don't do long protein treatments or protein treatments with heat. My hair would probably break off if I did that.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
I've used them both. I find the intense hydrator to be the better of the two, but they are both good. I just usually find the regular conditioner at my TJMaxx more often (no way I'm paying Ulta's price!)

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!