More shescentit.com products

Back in January, CurlyGirlFl reviewed a few of the products from shescentit.com:

Shescentit.com >> Nice Products/Service

website: http://www.shescentit.com/

Because I can't use castor oil, I didn't order any products. Well, there are some that don't have castor oil, so I ordered them. Got them and have had the opportunity to use them a few times.

I ordered the:

CocoCreme Leave-In Conditioner
Water infused with organic elderflower extract, calendula, horsetail & yarrow extract, BTMS (mild hair conditioner), Coconut Cream, vegetable glycerin, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Meadowfoam oil, Silk Peptides, organic sea kelp, fennel, & green coffee extracts, panthenol, germall plus, fragrance.

Moisture Mist Leave-In Conditioner:
Chamomile, water infused with Aloe, Nettle extract, grape seed extract, Honey, Colts foot extract, Horsetail, Silk Amino Acids, Sage, Rosemary, Glycerin, Shea Butter, Mint extract, centrimonium chloride, Tocopheryl Acecate (vit E), Panthenol, citric acid, polyquartemium, Nonoxynol, Benzophenone.

Green Tea & Hibiscus Conditioner:
Purified water, Cetyl Alcohol, Green tea Extract, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium chloride, coconut oil, Ginko Biloba Extract, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Shea Butter, Hisbiscus Extract, persea gratissima (avocado) fruit oil, Eucalyptus oil, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Germall plus, Fragrance.

Seyani Hair Butter:
Certified organic Unrefined Shea Butter, Coconut oil, Organic Avocado Oil, Grape seed oil, Glycerine, Sorbitan Oleate, Hydrolyzed wheat protein, soya bean oil, kiwi oil, macadamia nut oil, panthenol, rosemary oil, sweet almond oil, eucalyptus oil, Aqua, fragrance.

Gillian Hair Butter:
Unrefined Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter ,Coconut oil, Avocado Oil, Grape seed oil, Glycerin, soya bean oil, Olive oil , kiwi oil, macadamia nut oil, aloe vera, Patchouli, cinnamon oil, sage, Vitamin E , Andiroba oil, fragrance.

The website warns you that the current turn around time is 7-10 days. It's well worth the wait. The products smell great and the consistency is really nice and the pricing is very reasonable. Now that the dewpoints are a little better, I'm using more layers--these are fitting in well with my current arsenal. I think they will certainly have a place in my rotation.

The Green Tea & Hibiscus Conditioner suggests using it twice a week on the bottle and as a DT on the website. I'm wondering if it could replace the Aubrey Organics conditioners for me??? It has protein, so that's another plus as far as I'm concerned.

Both the Leave Ins are also very nice, I've used them with a variety of products and they worked well with all of them. I had the best hair day with Moisture Mist, FSG and a little hard hold gel. When I went to the post office--one of the clerks stopped waiting on her customer to comment on how incredible my hair looked! (As many of you know, I go to the post office a lot, LOL!)

For those who are interested in the more natural products, I think these are something to have in your arsenal.

lovestosamba

Green Tea & Hibiscus Conditioner:

Seyani Hair Butter:

Gillian Hair Butter:

Originally Posted by kathymack
I think that most of her products work best for 3 hair type. Not enough moisture for my 4a hair. I'd like to hear form 4a & b curlies on her products. I hesitate to try the coco creme leave-in because I hear that it's thin and curlies w/ thick hair have to use a lot to get moisture.

Last edited by lovestosamba; 09-23-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Originally Posted by lovestosamba
Interesting, other then CurlyGirlFla, I've only seen Shescentit discussed in the 4a forum. The Coco Creme LI has the consistency of KBB milk or nectar--and probably the moisture level of the milk, if that helps.

lovestosamba
Guest
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by kathymack
Thanks kathymack. She coming out with a moisturizing creme hair dressing, sample size of the coco creme and another deep conditioner. I'll wait to get everything in sample sizes.
Originally Posted by lovestosamba
Get the sample butters, too. They're really nice!

I have nearly the entire line. Good stuff. Last thing that came out was the coco leave in that I didn't get yet.

[/B]
Anyone else using this line? I'm thinking of ordering...
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab; CJ strengthening (summer only)
winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
Originally Posted by empressri
It's my favorite of the three I have. Isn't it calling you??

Originally Posted by empressri
It's my favorite of the three I have. Isn't it calling you??
Originally Posted by kathymack
really?? it says a light leave in which was why when she had the last 20% off sale i was like eh let me wait cause it's colder now and i need heavier stuff. but im going to get it because you know meee! black friday she usually has a sale so i may get that and some other stuff then.

Originally Posted by empressri
I wouldn't call it light, the mist one is lighter. I'd call this one medium--it's not as heavy as the Komaza products. I get some of my best curls from the CocoCreme LI. Will need to put it in my signature.

Have you ever used her body butters? I'm waiting for them to be back in stock. Her hair butters are really nice, so I was thinking the body butters might be nice, too. When I emailed, she said 10/24!

Originally Posted by kathymack
oooh then i will try it! might be nice under a gel.

i only use scented shea butter that my SO makes and sells it's shea butter only, nothing else mixed into it. anything else leaves me with dry skin!

Originally Posted by kathymack
For me it works almost identically to the KBB Hair Milk. Same moisture level on my hair. I like them both--but the coco creme leave in is way cheaper so that is a benefit.

I also like the moisture mist--the sprayer really does mist (vs. stream which seems to the norm for these type products and is very irritating!) very very very well. I've used it on my daughter and on myself and have been quite pleased. It really is very light. I think any wavies that worry about overload but want to get some moisture in ought to consider this mist--I think it might work very well for them!

I have to note that I used whispering winds to low poo followed by shescentit honey conditioner and then used the coco creme LI with some re:coil and then some Goddess Glaze on top. I had excellent volume and nice bouncy curls. Not quite as tight as I get with other products but the volume has stayed the entire day. It's soft and touchable as well--and lately my hair's been a bit tricky with feeling kind of dry and icky on the canopy and the back. Not so with this combo. Really recommed these products!
FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Alexjoujou; 11-06-2009 at 07:13 PM.
I've found that the Coco Creme is definitely thinner than KBB Hair Milk, so you might have to use a bit more of it if you're using it for detangling purposes. As was mentioned, the moisture level is comparable even with the thinner consistency. It smells super good, yet the scent doesn't stay in your hair for a million forevers.

That's one of the reasons I had to give up the KBB Hair Milk. The scents are too darn concentrated and the only one I could tolerate for a long period of time was Vanilla Latte.

I would also like to mention that she had "5-7 business days turnaround time" when I ordered the Coco Creme on sale and I still got my stuff by the end of the week! If she has a Black Friday sale, I just might get two more bottles.

3b/c fine corkscrews and spirals. Naked hair above.

Wash: Elucence Moisture Balancing Shampoo
Condish: Shescentit Avocado/Honey Rinse
Moisture DT: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk, Crece Pelo
Protein DT: Shescentit Okra Hair Repair Reconstructor
Leave-Ins: Shescentit Coco Creme, Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean, Aubrey Organics Primrose Spray
Stylers: Aubrey Organics B-5, Shea Moisture Curly Souffle

Subject to change!
I was late getting on this bandwagon - had to wait for the products to make their way north.

I absolutely love all the products I've tried. I ordered more on the Black Friday sale. Here are my reviews:

Jojoba Shampoo http://www.shescentit.com/johecosh1.html
Love it. The smell is really nice and very mild. It lathers really well for a shampoo without sulfates. It left my hair feeling clean, but not stripped AT ALL. Normally the more the shampoo lathers, the more stripped my hair feels - this wasn't the case with this shampoo at all.

Avocado Conditioner http://www.shescentit.com/avcori.html
Love this as well. It smells really nice and very mild. It has great slip. You don't need a lot. It easily melts through any tangles and when I rinsed it out my hair felt like silk. The Avocado and Jojoba are my daughter's favourite products.

Super Soft Honey Conditioning Rinse: http://www.shescentit.com/susohocori.html
This is awesome. I think this conditioner is my favourite. It smells really nice and again, very mild. It distributes really well without having to drown my hair in it. My hair feels like silk with this one as well.

Green Tea & Hisbiscus Conditioner: http://www.shescentit.com/grteahico.html
I use this one as a protein DT with my heat therapy wrap. I've used it twice now and I love it just as much. The scents of her products are wonderful. My hair feels healthy and my curls purked right up after the DT.

Coco-Creme Leave-in: http://www.shescentit.com/cocrleco.html
This leave-in is wonderful. I've used it with a number of products and it has 'played' well with all of them. I can also use it on my daughter's 2a-b wavy hair. It distributes really well and doesn't weigh her hair down. It is now one of my favourite leave-ins. The fragrance of this products is wonderful - but again, light and mild.

I agree with the other poster that said the KBB products were really strong. Shescentit has lovely fragrances, but they aren't overpowering - no headaches for me !!

I also tried two of her body butters. They were very nice and very rich.

I think this is a great company. The prices are very reasonable and the quality of the product is awesome.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM !!!

Last edited by FrizzBgone; 12-10-2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: forgot a product !!
I'm loving the coco leave-in condish! It also smells yummy. I used a little more today than I usually do because it's been consistently cold.......my hair loves it. I was afraid that I used too much, not the case as with the KBB hair milk, which with me I can easily overdo. I may have to try her other products as well.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
I was just trolling on the Shescentit website and noticed they recently made some changes to their product line:

NEW!
We’re proud to introduce you to two new products we’ve been working on for some time.

You asked, we listened. Many of you wrote to us requesting that we create a product
that will give hold, define curls and add moisture to curly hair. After trial and error, our Papaya Curly Souffle is now ready. Designed to keep hair moisturized while reducing frizz, providing hold to twists, definition to curls and shine to your lovely tresses.

We also added a Pomegranate Curl Quenching Conditioner to our line. It is meant to help detangle unruly curls, give slip while adding softness and shine. We’re sure you’ll love it as much as we do.

We packed it full of ingredients such as burdock root, marshmallow root, horsetail extract, carrots, olive oil and pomegranate extract.

These 2 new products will be available in late April.

On a slightly different note, so many of your wrote to us anxious about when we will be re-launching our bath and body products. Well Our Bath and Body line is almost ready. It will include very thick Body Butters, Hydrating Body Lotions and invigorating Body Scrubs. Stay turned for that ladies!

BYE BYE
Sadly, some of our products are being discontinued. Due to dramatically increasing prices for ingredients, it no longer makes sense to produce some of our products. In order to continue to do so, we would have to dramatically increase our prices and we’d rather not do that.

Below is a list of the products that will no longer be available come April 1st.

Tea Tree And Grapefruit Herbal Conditioner
Tea Tree Deep Cleansing Shampoo
Green Tea And Hibiscus Conditioner
Olive And Orange Nourishing Conditioner.
Mango Butter Cream.

For those of you who love these products we’re sorry to have to let them go but we hope that you will find love with any of our other Conditioners and Stylers.

CHANGE IS GOOD!
Fortifying Hair Masque will be temporarily unavailable as we slightly reformulate it with added ingredients such at Egg protein, Argan oil and Ceramides. This is a serious protein conditioner formulated for protein lovers. It will also be accompanied by a new more delicious fragrance.

Banana Brulee will now have a single fragrance. We’re losing the current fragrances and sticking to a singular fragrance. Lighter, fresher and summer like.
Seyani Hair Butter and Kiwi Kiss Hair Butters will now have a new singular fragrance. When the current fragrance options are depleted we will not be restocking them.
The reason for this is to cut down on production time and implement faster processing times, which will result in shorter wait periods for our customers.

These changes will go into effect on April 1st.

We know that this is a lot to digest so we thank you for your continued support as we grow, learn and evolve.
hair type: 2B/3A
low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CJ Curl Queen
http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair

Last edited by melaniesusan; 04-21-2011 at 05:18 AM.