Krogers brand Mirra products?

I just saw these today. It's a new line of hair and beauty products. Supposed to be "inspired by nature". The gel and conditioners are CG, some with proteins and such. I did read the ingredients of the those 3 products, one gel and 2 co's. I didn't have a chance to look at everything. I almost grabbed the gel but withstood the resistance..lol. I'm thinking about going back and picking up the gel though. Has anyone out there had a chance to try the hair products yet? If so, how did you like them? If/when I try any of these, I will report back. They are a special price now because it's pretty new stuff. Also if you go to the Kroger site, you can print out a coupon for $5 off a purchase of two Mirra products....they looked pretty reasonably priced already.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
I went back and purchased two of the gels and paid about $1 for them. They are 8 oz and regular $3.99, on sale for $2.99 and with the $5 off coupon (for two or more mirra products)..total around $1. I couldn't resist. The conditioners do have protein so I will probably break down and buy these later. I was more interested in the gel. They all smelled good, light scent. The gel says it's a strong flexible hold. It looks kind of thick and I'm hoping it works. I will try this ASAP. I just washed today, so maybe tomorrow.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
Oh wow, I was JUST at Kroger looking at these! I went looking for Nature's Gate Jojoba, which they no longer carry, and saw this whole line. The one condish looked super intriguing to me, I think it was Coconut and Argan Oil maybe? I didn't want to spend $10 w/o investigating it a little more! However, now that I know there is a coupon...

BTW, did you see the soap bars?? They looked pretty great too!
I didn't see the soap bars but will take a look next time I'm in.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
I used this gel today in place of my KCCC/Giovanni that I usually use. First the scent is nice and soft and does not linger....second, it's thick but not as thick as the Giovanni gel. It distriubtes nicely and felt silky when applied to my wet hair. When completely dry I did have crunch....after scrunching= soft shiny curls!! This is definitely a keeper! It's a larger tube than Giovanni (6 oz?), and it's less expensive. This will definitely be included in my rotation of products. Plus, I can get it locally!

Routine: I washed with DC no poo, used Giovanni 50/50 as a rinse out...I used Elucence MBC as a leave in...a quarter size of Duchess of curls enhancer (sample)...about a quarter size glob of the Mirra gel on each half of my hair.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
OK, duh, we are talking about different products, my bad. My Kroger had a new line, over in the little organic grocery section, it is driving me crazy now, can't remember the name. This line had body wash, shampoos, and condishes, and the yummy looking soap bars. The soaps were about $4, all the other stuff was $10 per bottle.

Is this stuff you got in the regular shampoo aisle? I think it is totally worth checking out, that coupon is awesome.
They had the shampoos/co's and facial/body products on an end cap and then I saw more plus the gel with the regular hair products.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
I bought the pomade to touch up my twists. But I do want go back for the gel. If I dont get fantasia ic gel first. Let you know what happens
Originally Posted by gagirl09

How do you like the pomade? I saw it yesterday and wasn't sure about the ingredients
Please post reviews. My Ralph's (Krogers is Ralph's in SoCal) has this line and it was on sale for $3.99 for the conditioners). The pomade looked good as well as the gel!

I may go back and get these now!
FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/

Last edited by Alexjoujou; 11-16-2009 at 12:20 PM.
I didn't see a pomade but will look next time I'm in. Kroger stores are also in Colorado....City Market is a branch of Krogers too. Still liking the gel.
Originally Posted by curlykey
So CK can you compare it to any other gel? Is it more of a medium hold like Goddess Glaze or a bit more harder holding like LALSG or BRHG?
FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
I bought the pomade and avoided the other products because they contain proteins. For some reason, the pomade is grainy. Don't know if it's a bad batch. I used it on wet hair as sealant and it doesn't dry producty. I think it's working?
Coarse, thiiiick, porous, drrrry, 2c, dislikes proteins, likes ACV!
Suave or V05 for co-wash, Garnier Nutrise triple nutrition and sleek & shine, Matrix Biolage conditioning balm, FSG and LA Looks sports gel.
Originally Posted by mushroom_head
I noticed that when I opened the jar and quickly thought of one of the butters I bought that's was grainy. Does it melt easily or feel grainy on the hands?
Originally Posted by curlykey
Originally Posted by Alexjoujou
It's more like the Giovanni LA gel in consistency and hold to me. Goddess glaze did not have any hold for me at all. I wouldn't say the Mirra gel has a strong hold like BRHG but it's atleast a medium hold. HTH.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
Is Krogers only in California?
Originally Posted by curlygirlyme
Kroger is all over but goes by some different names depending on where you live (they've bought a lot of companies over the years!). So, for example, in the Pacific Northwest they are Fred Meyer. In the Seattle area specifically, they are also QFC. In Utah, they are Smith's. Etc....

Here's the page on their site where they list all of the store names under the Kroger company:

Dry climate
2C/3A, fine texture, high porosity, medium-low density

For me, desert climate+porous hair+CG=inconsistent results!
Ingredients for the Mirra gel:
Strong sculpting gel/flexible hold

ing: water (aqu), triethyl citrate, chitosan, hydrolyzed begetable protein PG-Propyl silanetriol, hydroxythylcellulose, laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed wheat protein, lactic acid, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, cereus grandiflorus(cactus)flower extract, hexylene glycol, fructose, glucose, sucrose, urea, dextrin,alanine, glutamic acid, hexyl nicotinate, fragrance (parfum), caprylohydroxamic acid, caprylyl glycol

***I hope I spelled everything correctly. Hope this helps.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
Yesterday, I was in Kroger and this line was on sale. I had the $5 website coupon, and bought the color condish and natural mousse.

This morning I used the condish using the spritz and condish method. The condish has 2-3 proteins high up on the ingredient list. Protein gives me tighter curls. Then I put a CJ LI and a little homemade butter to seal. Next, I put 15-18 squirts of the mousse in my below chin hair. It was a little hard to distribute because it's a light watery foam. My hair dried pretty fast but with no hold. However, there's no frizz, good volume and some definition. I'm liking this mousse. At $3.25 for 2 products, it's worth a try.
Spirals, curls & waves, Med-Coarse Texture, Med Porosity, Low Elasticity