-   -   Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/89484-herbal-essences-totally-twisted-mousse.html)

botticelli_girl922 10-29-2009 08:20 PM

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse?

Has anyone tried this? I'm looking for an inexpensive, CG curl mousse for my wavy sister. I'm thinking about getting this one for her to try out.

Any reviews would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, ladies!

kuromi 11-01-2009 07:36 PM

yes its really good i love it its my fav mousse it doesnt leave my hair crunchie or anything and creates really nice waves

lasarita 11-03-2009 08:53 AM

I started CG on this and then moved on to more "exciting" products. The other night I was going through my bathroom cabinet and decided to try it and HETT gel again. I got AMAZING curls. A-MAZE-ING. It's making me re-think my recent CJ order!

ricitos de oro 11-08-2009 07:48 PM

I use this too and I love it! I use this along with Set Me Up Spray Gel

sveetiepie 11-09-2009 08:49 AM

Hi!
Want to try this mousse but wondering how to apply it.
I usually put product in pretty wet hair.

botticelli_girl922 11-09-2009 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by sveetiepie (Post 1158232)
Hi!
Want to try this mousse but wondering how to apply it.
I usually put product in pretty wet hair.

Yep, putting product in soaking wet hair is the best way to apply it, in my opinion. Try scrunching it in...it'll encourage curl formation :)

crazywaves 11-09-2009 12:43 PM

The HE body envy mousse works really good to. I use a good amount to get good coverage especially since I add it to soaking wet hair. Scrunching out the water removes some of the product anyway.

Maci 11-20-2009 07:55 AM

CVS Sale

Last night I bought this at CVS (Texas) for $2.88 on sale!! Today I applied it over a CJ leave-in and homemade butter. My hair is really curly and it smells good. It has a soft hold and no crunch. I'm definitely going back to buy more.

happycurls24 11-21-2009 03:45 PM

I love this mousse!!

I really love this mousse.
It is lightweight
cheap
and smells great.

solidgold 11-28-2009 10:30 PM

So, I got HETT mousse. I cowashed/rinsed out with GFTN, used a penny-sized blob of DoC smoothed over the canopy, then scrunched in two foamy palms full of mousse on wet hair. I'm attaching wet and dry pics. I really like this combo--soft hold, little frizz, touchable hair.

And it was $.99 at CVS!
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...1&d=1259472357 http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...1&d=1259472367

botticelli_girl922 12-19-2009 11:36 AM

Okay. So I tried this stuff out.

I have tried three different combos with this stuff, and I can't seem to make it work. My hair always feels dry, not shiny at all, and I get lots of surface frizz. Sigh...

But because I love cheap, CG products, I won't give up on it yet. I really want to make this work!

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's reviews!

pe476206 12-20-2009 08:15 PM

I did not like the HETT Mousse, because it did not hold my curls. It made my hair unmanagable. My curls would not be define, and look nice. I tried Herbal Essence Body Envy Mousse, and has a better hold that HETT Mousse. My hair last all day with Herbal Essence Body Envy Mousse.My hair loves creams instead of mousse.

curlypearl 12-21-2009 09:12 AM

I tried this but it made my hair producty, and sticky. I tried less - same thing. Doesn't work for me.

Shusha29 07-18-2013 12:44 PM

I think this works better on people with thick curlier hair, it worked great on me but I find people with thinner hair or wavy hair have trouble with this mousse.

hambo02 07-18-2013 07:30 PM

I love this stuff. I use it in the summer but its too crunchy for the winter