Old 11-03-2009, 08:13 AM   #1

Join Date: May 2009
Default Jason Curl Defining Cream - any users?

Anyone use this? I'm a little afraid of the wax and the polyquat building up. But it does have behentrimonium chloride...

Ingredients: Aqua (purified water), Emulsifying wax, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Glycereth-2, Cocoate, Lavandula interdia leaf/flower/stem extact*, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Triticum Vulgare(wheat) germ oil, wheat amino acid, vegetablet glycerin, cerearyl alcohol, Citric acid, Hydroxypropyl guar, Phenoxyethanol, benzoate, Frangrance oil bend. *Certified Organic
Knightess Firmus Aurum, Maid of the Mitten, Slayer of Dissertation Dragons in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
Wash, co-wash, co: Queen Helene Royal Curl Shampoo / Conditioner, Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo / Conditioner, Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix,
Tigi MM
Stylers: Sally's Neutral Protein Filler as spray, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme, LALSG

Old 11-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #2

Join Date: Mar 2009

I used to use a different formulation, I think, because it had something non-CG friendly. I liked it, but in the end I used it as shaving cream since I was afraid of the ingredients.
CG since 3/31/09... going curly is honoring God's creation!
2c /3a/3b, med. porosity, LOTS of fine hair
low-poo: Giovanni TTT, Whispering Windz
conditioners: suave / Vo5 naturals, Giovanni 50/50, GVPCB
DT: Korres hair mask
stylers: LASG, KY, Pink Boots!
Wishlist for winter: CJ, KBB and a diffuser
lasarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #3

zenalla's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009

I've ordered it last week at Iherb, I'm still waiting for my products to arrive. I live in Europe so it takes more time to. I'll let you know the result as soon as I try it.
I was also a bit afraid of the wax but as I low-pow my scalp every 2 or 3 days, I musn't experiment too much build up.
3B-A, colored, med texture-density, High porosity

DT: AOHRS - CJHBDF - Mixed Chicks
Loo-Poo 2/week: Eluence volume,YTT-YTC poo, Co-wash 2/week: Suave Tropical - V05 Strawberries (water wash the rest)
Conditioner: Mop Top, Toe Shea, AOHRS, AOGBP
Leave-in:KCKT , Darcy Peach Kernel, Aloeba,YTT/YTC co,Christine Grant LI
Stylers: KCCC, CJ CCC, DMMC, Mixed Chiks, BB Jellie Creme, HESMU, Mop Top gel, HPO curling pudding

Fotki:http://public.fotki.com/zenalla1/ (updated in June 2010)
PW: mixedcurly
zenalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #4

Bumping--any other comments?

Old 11-10-2009, 02:53 AM   #5

zenalla's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009

I finally got my package from IHerb this week end and I tried Jason Curl Defining cream.
The day I tried it, I shampooed my hair with a harsher shampoo than usually to clarify them, and conditioned them with AOHR.
Then I raked through my new leave-in (GDLI) on damp hair and I scrunched the Jason Curl Defining cream on top. Afterwards, I plop all night (it was the first time).
The curl formation was a bit weird, but I donít know if itís because of the all night plopping or because of those new products. Anyway, I got soft curls with no hold at all, a lot of volume and bigger curls than usually that are very well defined (do to plopping if think). When I take off the towel in the morning Itís was like if I had had a perm, very big curls that shrink but without providing tighter curls, if you that make sense.

Iíll try it again but with more GDLI or with a richer leave-in because the Jason cream is really light. I would say it may suit best for tyype 2 hair or finer hair than mine. As it has absolutely no hold, I guess a lot of you will prefer to use it with some gel on top.

Concerning the build up, I didn't experiment any with this product. The following day, I just water wash my hair and use CJ CCC which is quite heavy with any build up at all.
3B-A, colored, med texture-density, High porosity

DT: AOHRS - CJHBDF - Mixed Chicks
Conditioner: Mop Top, Toe Shea, AOHRS, AOGBP
Leave-in:KCKT , Darcy Peach Kernel, Aloeba,YTT/YTC co,Christine Grant LI

Fotki:http://public.fotki.com/zenalla1/ (updated in June 2010)
PW: mixedcurly