Old 09-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #21

Join Date: Apr 2006

Don't know what you're talking about
Old 09-03-2006, 11:30 AM   #22

kjwavy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2003

Originally Posted by internetchick
Let me know if you find it somehwere. I know I can't be crazy, I've seen it somewhere. The article I found mentioned how successful the line was, so I am hoping that it becomes more widely available quickly. Perhaps they are just redoing the packaging and that's why it was at Big Lots. There are quite a few stores around here that cater to Mexicans so I am going to see if they carry it.
When I first saw the pic you posted of the bottle, I knew I had seen it before. I'm in TX, so there are quite a few of the latina type products around, esp at the CVS near work. I'm going to try to stop there on Tues. The online store was only $4.71/bottle, but the darn shipping was $5.95 (my justification for getting 2 bottles )
Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

kjwavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #23

embudini's Avatar

Originally Posted by NeedSleep
Originally Posted by embudini
Better than AHC?
Yep. I bought the last 6 bottles they had because I love it so much
Crap, woman, you are the WORST enabler to my PJness.
I know, I always think "If I use that product it'll make my hair so pretty like hers". Is there anything that you don't instantly fall in love and name your new HG?

We need to ban her
embudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #24

kjwavy's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2003

Darn it!! I just received an email from the online store that internetchick posted for this conditioner (I had ordered it over the weekend):

"Sorry, we are unable to fill your order as the item/s you requested have been discontinued by the manufacturer. Please note no charge was made to your account.

We thank you for your patronage and look forward to serving you in the future."

Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

3b-3c CG
JuicyTube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 10:00 PM   #27

Join Date: Apr 2006

I wish I could find more of this stuff. I am on my second bottle and am still head over heels
Old 09-10-2006, 07:54 AM   #28

Originally Posted by internetchick
Which do you like better....this or the activate? I'm only buying one thing By the way I was in NYC this past week and couldn't find a single bottle of Activate...I was downtown, midtown and uptown...nada
Old 09-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #29

Originally Posted by cjc
Originally Posted by internetchick
I think I like this stuff more, even though I still love Activate. It's looking more and more like they are discontinueed though
Old 09-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #30

Just got back from Big Lots and they didnt have it.....but I'm not a quiter
Old 09-15-2006, 05:58 PM   #31

Join Date: Jun 2006

i had a dream i was looking for this in some random store....look what you are doing internetchick! i am DREAMING about products! ahaha
curlygurl2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:10 PM   #32

Originally Posted by curlygurl2424
LOL
Old 09-15-2006, 06:16 PM   #33

Kaia's Avatar

Originally Posted by curlygurl2424
I know, she's awful! The other night, I had this really long, detailed dream where I was on a quest for Activate. I had to go talk to all these people to find out where to go next. After doing all this stuff, I finally found out where the Activate was... and then my BF... WOKE ME UP! I was so mad! I kept telling him to leave me alone b/c I wanted to finish the dream, but he kept badgering me until I was completely awake. When I told him why I was mad, he just laughed at me.
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
Kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #34

DominicanaHeat's Avatar

Join Date: May 2005

I've DEFINITELY seen this product in Duane Reade!!!!!!!! Do you know how many times I've passed by it on the shelves, looked at it, picked it up, read the back, looked at the front, put it back on the shelf and walked away from it? The only problem is that I know know if DR still sells this product.

cjc, next time you are in NYC, check out Walgreens from Activate.
3a/3b thick coarse WL dark brown hair. CG/Mod CG since: 5/4/05. Current products: Right now my hair is in such a tizzy over this winter weather we are hving that nothing really seems to be working. I need a haircut.
DominicanaHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:36 PM   #35

Originally Posted by DominicanaHeat

cjc, next time you are in NYC, check out Walgreens from Activate.

Thanks...I found the Activate at a Latin drugstore today....They had a special....2 for 1...cant wait to try it out tomorrow
Old 12-29-2006, 11:51 PM   #36

HalfWavyHalfCurly's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2002

I've seen that brand here in a couple of places, with as many Latins as there are in FL it's no surprise. Several months ago I actually saw a few of their products at a dollar store and I got a shine spray (with cyclomethicone, which I don't think causes build-up) and a spray leave-in (with amodimethicone) that sometimes I used as a "finishing" touch or to refresh. In fact, I used it yesterday for 2nd day hair and after it dried and I re-fluffed my hair suddenly had all this volume and I noticed ringlets had formed where the day before I had none, strange because that had never happened to me before but really cool, I kept stopping at mirrors even while shopping to admire my own head.
2A/3A, medium length, layered, colored dark/medium ash blonde - "CGer" since April '02.

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC
HalfWavyHalfCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:05 AM   #37

wild_sasparilla's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2006

Activate must've heard about the threat to its awesome-condish title. Dang hair product turf wars! How many good products must we lose?!
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie.
wild_sasparilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 12:18 AM   #38

HalfWavyHalfCurly's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2002

Dang, I didn't read the whole thread! Well, when I got those products I suspected they were discontinued since I got them at a dollar store but when I saw this thread I thought maybe not, oh well!

"Converting the 'curlskeptics' one curly head at a time..." HWHC
HalfWavyHalfCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 01:33 AM   #39

Delma's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2005
Send a message via AIM to Delma Send a message via Yahoo to Delma

I could have sworn I'd seen these products @ rite aide

Delma is offline   Reply With Quote