-   -   Rainbow Research Henna? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/92980-rainbow-research-henna.html)

MysticSpiral 12-12-2009 09:56 PM

Rainbow Research Henna?

I was thinking about henna-ing my hair, and I'm getting a lot of links to hennaforhair, but (to save on shipping) I usually like to get my things in bulk, and Mothernature.com, where I buy my skincare things, has this brand and Light Mountain Natural.

Has anyone tried it? Is it good for hair? Should I just suck it up and get the more expensive brand?

Hope you can help!

goobernut 12-13-2009 09:07 AM

I've heard a lot of complaints about the Rainbow Henna. If you can find someone who sells the Jamila Henna, I've heard a lot of people get good results with that brand.

Alexjoujou 12-13-2009 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by goobernut (Post 1194529)

But I've never read a single good thing about Rainbow Henna.

I think what I've read is that Rainbow Henna is not pure henna..that there are other things in there. Depending on your hair that can cause a problem.

I don't know where you live but if you have any sort of ethnic market's they usually have it (Arabic, Indian, Armenian). I get mine there and it's about $3-4 and I got Reshma Henna and I get my Amla and all the other herbs there are well.

MysticSpiral 12-13-2009 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Alexjoujou (Post 1194552)

Originally Posted by goobernut (Post 1194529)

But I've never read a single good thing about Rainbow Henna.

ooooh I never thought of that, I have to go to the International Market for Coconut Milk and some spices anyway, I'll take a scan for it.

I had a feeling that RRH was a bit iffy

divecurl 12-16-2009 04:51 PM

Henna for hair is a good site and worth reading through for the basics. There are also henna threads here on NC.

Definitely stay away from RRH. I initially tried it many years back and it worked well. Then just a couple of years ago I decided to use henna again, so I used RRH. That go round it was pretty much a disaster. It looked like I used cheap peroxide lightener on my hair.

jeepcurlygurl 12-17-2009 02:39 PM

I used Rainbow Research brand for a few years. I loved it because it was a mixture of henna and other stuff for my dark brown hair. Made my hair shiny and healthy (and it was dull and dry at the time. before I found NC).
Then I started to go grey and wanted to go natural so I stopped using it. But I like it alot.

Licas3 12-23-2009 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by MysticSpiral (Post 1194355)

Hope you can help!

I've used Light Mountain Natural and I really like it. I like that the henna and indigo are in one mix so that I do not have to buy both and try to figure out how much of each to use. I have dark hair but use the henna to help cover a horrible salon error. I get it from a local health food coop and I found where you can also order it online. I think Whole Foods carries it as well.

Umph 09-27-2011 07:10 PM

So Glad

so glad i checked here first!

I'm taking this off my list of brands to try.

curlyque58 04-19-2013 06:39 AM

I used it, but I did not like it at all. I had previously used Surya Henna. I applied it and left it in my hair overnight. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt soft and it had a nice shine. 2 months later, I used Rainbow. With the Rainbow Henna, which I only left in for about 1 1/2 hours as it specified because I used a color. (The Surya Henna was not a color, I was using it for the conditioning benefits) The Rainbow Henna seemed to change the texture of my hair, and not for the better. Thank goodness I have a close cut, so by the time I get my next hair cut, it will all be out. I would not recommend this Henna. Stick with the PURE hennas. I will be going back to my Surya Henna. Lesson learned: If you find something that works for ya, stick to it!