Rainbow Research Henna?

I was thinking about henna-ing my hair, and I'm getting a lot of links to hennaforhair, but (to save on shipping) I usually like to get my things in bulk, and Mothernature.com, where I buy my skincare things, has this brand and Light Mountain Natural.

Has anyone tried it? Is it good for hair? Should I just suck it up and get the more expensive brand?

Hope you can help!
Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
I've heard a lot of complaints about the Rainbow Henna. If you can find someone who sells the Jamila Henna, I've heard a lot of people get good results with that brand.

But I've never read a single good thing about Rainbow Henna.
Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.

Originally Posted by goobernut
I think what I've read is that Rainbow Henna is not pure henna..that there are other things in there. Depending on your hair that can cause a problem.

I don't know where you live but if you have any sort of ethnic market's they usually have it (Arabic, Indian, Armenian). I get mine there and it's about $3-4 and I got Reshma Henna and I get my Amla and all the other herbs there are well.
FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by goobernut

Originally Posted by Alexjoujou
ooooh I never thought of that, I have to go to the International Market for Coconut Milk and some spices anyway, I'll take a scan for it.

I had a feeling that RRH was a bit iffy
Lady Fand of the Joy Filled Summer Skys in the Order of the Curly Crusaders!
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!
Henna for hair is a good site and worth reading through for the basics. There are also henna threads here on NC.

Definitely stay away from RRH. I initially tried it many years back and it worked well. Then just a couple of years ago I decided to use henna again, so I used RRH. That go round it was pretty much a disaster. It looked like I used cheap peroxide lightener on my hair.
Hair type: 3a/3b, medium texture (canopy is coarse), high porosity.
Hair hates protein; tolerates only low amounts of glycerine.
Products:
Color: Redken Shades EQ
Rinse-out: Curls Coconut Sublime, Nirvana Cherry Bark/Almond, JC Aloeba
Leave-in: BB Curl Styling Lotion, Darcy's Peach Kernel Milk, Darcy's Avocado & Wild Plum, TheraNeem Leaf & Oil Cream,
Styling/Hold: KCCC, Fairy Tales Curly Q Natural Curl Maker, TheraNeem Neem Leaf & Aloe Gel
DTs: Refined Coconut Oil, Ojon, Homemade Avocado
I used Rainbow Research brand for a few years. I loved it because it was a mixture of henna and other stuff for my dark brown hair. Made my hair shiny and healthy (and it was dull and dry at the time. before I found NC).
Then I started to go grey and wanted to go natural so I stopped using it. But I like it alot.
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Aug 2014**

Hope you can help!
Originally Posted by MysticSpiral
I've used Light Mountain Natural and I really like it. I like that the henna and indigo are in one mix so that I do not have to buy both and try to figure out how much of each to use. I have dark hair but use the henna to help cover a horrible salon error. I get it from a local health food coop and I found where you can also order it online. I think Whole Foods carries it as well.
Licas3
I had no idea I could love it so much… Hair!
BC'd in Aug 08
My goal: Bra strap length by Oct 1, 2010.
My Favs: Trader Joe’s Spa cond, everything Giovanni, and my own Oil Mix (avocado, neem, castor, and shea butter).
so glad i checked here first!

I'm taking this off my list of brands to try.
I used it, but I did not like it at all. I had previously used Surya Henna. I applied it and left it in my hair overnight. When I rinsed it out, my hair felt soft and it had a nice shine. 2 months later, I used Rainbow. With the Rainbow Henna, which I only left in for about 1 1/2 hours as it specified because I used a color. (The Surya Henna was not a color, I was using it for the conditioning benefits) The Rainbow Henna seemed to change the texture of my hair, and not for the better. Thank goodness I have a close cut, so by the time I get my next hair cut, it will all be out. I would not recommend this Henna. Stick with the PURE hennas. I will be going back to my Surya Henna. Lesson learned: If you find something that works for ya, stick to it!