Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle - Tell Me More About It!

Oh yay, I have some on its way from Kathy Mack along with Komaza Pudding and some other goodies. Can't wait to try the CIAB!!!!

3a/and that one odd straight hair! Medium iii. Low porosity. Likes protein once in a blue moon, but only followed by moisture. Hates glycerin.

I'm waiting for this to come in and was wondering if anyone has used it with Re:coil? If so, how did you use them together and what were the results?
3a/b.
I think I have medium hair with normal to high porosity. And I need all the moisture I can get!!

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

Style: scrunch and finger curl where I see the hair is not clumping well. Diffuse.
Originally Posted by BamaCurlyQ
I pair this with Re:coil all the time. I scrunch or rake the Re:coil into very damp hair, and then I scrunch 2-3 quarter size puddles of the CIAB on top. Sometimes I blot more water out if it's too wet (if my hair is too wet before air drying I suffer a loss of volume). The results are the nice curling and bounce that comes with Re:coil, and the CIAB gives my hair some frizz protection and a glossy shine. It's a very good combo!
2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
[quote=DEL2C;1469589]
quote]
I haven't used gelees so can't comment on that but CIAB is thicker then CK. I used to love CK but for some odd reason I haven't been able to use it anymore.......That's OK though because CIAB is a much better substitute anyway. It has amazing hold for the texture, it gives me shine, clumps & definition. Amazing stuff truly....I did use it over CJ CurlFix as a LI on a cooler day without BRHG & it held up for me. I like to use it with BRHG to give me 2nd day hair. I am totally in love with CIAB

interesting you're using it on DRY hair Mir!! I think that would weigh down my waves, I like it on very wet hair in the shower.
Originally Posted by curlykey
Ok, so I went ahead and ordered me some of the CIAB. I will definitely try it with Ecostyler...and then with BRHG. Thanks for the input.

Anyone try the CIAB with the olive oil Ecostyler? This is the one I have right now so I'm gonna try it first, but may go ahead and buy the Krystal one.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066

Last edited by curlykey; 09-13-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Originally Posted by JLeighs
Thank you!

**trying CCCC & Beuticurls LI

I should be getting my CIAB tomorrow! Wow that is quick! You go Curlmart!!
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
I got my CIAB last night and tried it today..... I used Pureology Hydrate shampoo and then CJ Curl Assurance Daily condish and then AG FF as my LI. With soaking hair, I applied the CIAB and then put a little CK over it....Looks good so far, I'll repost after my night is over and see if I get 2nd day hair with it.

Originally Posted by BamaCurlyQ
Why did you put CK over it??? I doubt you need it since CIAB is an amazing frizz fighter. Try it without CK
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

So Del you use CIAB over wet hair right out of the shower, then a curl enhancer?
cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Repair Me, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC, UFD Curly Magic
gels: CJ CQ, BRHG

Today I applied Ecostyler (Krystal) mixed with a dab of CIAB in sections of my hair after applying CJCALI...then I scrunched and added a small puddle of the CIAB...diffused. I hardly had any crunch when my hair was completely dry. My hair looks nice and shiny..and soft. Me likey! I'm hoping it will last all day, we shall see. I think next time I use this combo, I will add a dab of honey and see how that works out. Me hair loves honey!!
Then I will try it with a leave-in and top with BRHG to see which I like better.

I've actually been having some great results with a number of product combinations lately, which include....LI, Gel'-les'C, KCCC (2nd day hair with this!).....LI, CK, CHS gel...and now LI, CIAB/Ecostyler.
Originally Posted by asianrunner
When dews are in the 50+ range I only use CIAB/BRHG. Colder days with dews 40 & below I use CCC-lite mixed with CFix as a LI/CIAB/BRHG. I can get away without BRHG on top if I had to but 2nd day isn't as defined.

Good news curlykey I knew you would love it!!!
Discovered CG 2007

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars

Today I used a little GVPCB as a leave in, CJSG, CIAB and topped with BRHG and my hair turned out great! I'm loving CIAB! It leaves my hair feeling silky soft and so shiny.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
I am with you Del2c-I use on very wet hair over a combo of the curlfix/cccc lite with BRHG mixed with water over the CIAB.

I have never figured out how to use gel es c (and I hate typing it) and CK stopped working for me too...not sure why. But I do find that CIAB works better in dryer/cooler weather for me.

I have given up on using anything on my hair when it's dry. Nothing, I mean nothing works. Lots of stuff looks promising but then it ends up looking horrible.
Originally Posted by xcptnl
I have to laugh at the bolded

Over the Summer I was mixing CIAB with Ecostyler and it worked really well together. This is a great year round product for me just change what LI I use (or none) works every time with whatever condish I use too. CIAB, CurlFix and CCC-lite are my favorite stylers in her line.

I have good success using JC N&S or KBB Butter on dry hair when dew points are low/air is dry. In the humidity forget it...nothing works for me either. Weird CK stopped working for you too???? I used CK/Honey for 2 Summers in a row! Worked excellent so I was all set for it to work this Summer. I got tired of experimenting with it and just gave up..
Originally Posted by DEL2C
CK and honey?! Do tell.
Now since the weather has changed, I've been having great results with just about every combo I use! I remembered that this was also the case last winter/fall. I will still have to do some tweeking next summer though. I think the reason I'm able to use products with a lot of glycerin in them in the winter is because I use a moisturizing leave-in. Anyhow, I've been loving CIAB, my usual Gel-les'C and even CK.
$5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
Last night I used Eleucence Shampoo, Eleucence Moisture Repair Treatment, Giovanni DLI, BB FSG and Curl Queen Gel. I was wondering first of all...is this a good combo...2nd, I feel a little producty and was wondering about the overmoisturizing?? and 3rd, does anyone think if I added CIAB to this mix (even without the EMRT), would the CIAB give me more definition and hold. My hair doesn't seem to have any substance or volume.
Thanks.
3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.
Originally Posted by KarenRB53
If you want more volume I would try reducing the number of products you're using. For your hair type, I would think a rinse-out conditioner and some CIAB or Curl Queen would do the trick alone. If you feel that you're hair doesn't have any substance to it, then maybe it's over-moisturized and perhaps you need to do a protein treatment. I'm not as much of an expert as everyone else here, but it does seem to me that you're using way too many stylers for having fine, thin hair. Try scaling back a bit. I have fine hair that is thick and a quarter-size or more of CIAB, and nothing else, gives me plenty of frizz-control and hold. Then again, CIAB does not give me extra volume (that's not what it's for), but it doesn't weigh me down either.
3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
Originally Posted by Fairewood

I'm pretty new at this as you can tell!! I was using the Eleucence Moisture Repair because I thought I needed a PT. Otherwise it would have just been GDLI, BB FSG and Curl Queen Gel. Maybe thats all too moisturizing for my fine, thin hair as you say. I'll have to try it a different way. Wonder if I should do another PT with the SSPRT??
3b, fine textured,thin and normal to high porosity.
Originally Posted by Fairewood

Originally Posted by KarenRB53
I'm not sure where you live, but as the temperature drops and the air gets dryer you might be able to get away with just a leave-in conditioner, a serum (like CIAB), or a curl creme. I've decided to go without gel this fall and winter and so far the experiment is working. I'm experimenting with just leave-ins and curl cremes and the occasional CIAB. My hair is very fine (though thick) and delicate and it can't seem to handle gels in cold weather. I tried CJ CCCC-Lite yesterday for the first time yesterday and I really liked it! And it was the only styler I used yesterday. My hair was so soft, shiny, frizz-free and it had some volume. As for another protein treatment, go ahead and do it if you feel like you need another shot of protein.
3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
My CIAB just came in today and I'm so excited to try it out tomorrow. I'm thinking of using my CJSL as a LI and just the CIAB to see if it packs enough hold for my hair. Have any of you ladies paired CIAB with CJCQ and if so what were the results?
Mod CG since 4/10
Products being used ATM
Wash: KCCC, CJDF, AOGPB
Rinseout:: Tresemme Naturals
Moisturizing and Volume, Yes to Cucumbers
LI: Giovanni DLI, KCKT
DT: CJH&BDF, CJCR
Every Day Stylers: KCCC, AOMM, Biotera Curl Cream, CJCCCC-Lite, CJCIAB, CJCQ, LALGs
Just reordered some CIAB...I'm interested to see if it still works now that my hair is longer.
BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
YouTube

Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
I've used CIAB all by itself lately. I have fine 3a hair with normal porosity. I don't color, so it's healthy and not particularly dry. Our weather is odd for late October - mild with high dews - and I've had soft, shiny, defined curls with decent hold. And I've also been getting second day hair! So refreshing to find a stand-alone product that also makes my hair feel good. We'll see once the weather changes, but so far I'm really liking this!
2Poodles Southeast PA
fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC