Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine products

I've tried the curl and shine garnier shampoo and conditioner, and I didn't care for them that much. They made my hair soft afterwards, but they felt a little too slimy for my liking.
3c/3b
Suave? I use white rain for my CW.
Garnier fructis makes this conditioner.
Originally Posted by medusahair
sorry if my comment was confusing - i was responding to celtic's comment that the conditioner was richer than suave and that therefore she didn't need to use the oil with the GF
4a/4b tiny penspring curls
Lifelong natural i.e. never relaxed

hair growth journey
Oh oops my fault, I forgot she said that and couldn't find the suave reference, sorry about that.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
Dude I slathered on tons of it today thinking I needed the moisture and over did it, my gel didn't go crunchy and my hair fell flat. It wasn't pretty. I bet I don't do that again!
Originally Posted by medusahair
I hear you, medusa. I do not get good results when I don't rinse out the rinse-out version. I get stringy rat-tail ends, which I hate. But I have yet to over-do the leave-in. My hair just loves this stuff & it sinks in & moisturizes. When I have a lot of frizz in the a.m. -- b'coz the humidity here in the cool rainforests of coastal Alaska is insane, & even my silk pillowcases can't always prevent it -- the GF leave-in just melts into my hair & in 10 min I can see the long ropey spirals re-forming.

mariposa -the d'cone & the a'cone have very different effects on my hair. I don't do well with d'cone -- at all. My hair goes limp & frizzy. A'cone is the only 'cone I can use successfully. I am a modified CG'er, so I don't use sulfate 'poos, just a small amount (2 peas) of gentle low-suds 'poo twice a week on my scalp. I don't even really need that to get out the a'cone. But after 2 yrs of pure-CG, I just got tired of endless CO-washing; I mean, literally, my arms got tired. So at least for me, the a'cone washes out very very easily, w/ or w/out 'poo.

Re: the deep cond. Yes, I've used it & like it as well as others I've tried. It reminds me of Pantene -- before they reformulated with heavy cones. But I had good results, esp at the price. It was far better than the Kenra I spent $15 on.
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
Boy I tell ya I get such consistent results with the curl and shine rinse out now. I figured out I had a cone in my hair and shampooed it out. Since then my hair is big clumps, very well defined, I don't even have to use a leave in either. I'm going to use it long enough to see if it's coming out with my no poo if I don't use that but once or twice a week.

They were out of the DT or I'd have gotten and used that already too. I'll try again Saturday when we trek back into town.

I get more curls on teh crown with curl and shine so when my sleek and shine is empty I"m switching to C&S

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
Yep, C&S & S&S are both keepers for me. I'd still like to try the C&S leave-in, but it could be months before it shows up here. Let me know if you try the Dry & Damaged or the Color care versions. We have both at Costco here, but I'm reluctant to buy such a huge bottle.
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
Medusa they have a deep treatment as well in this line?? Whats the full name?? Thanks in advance!!

I've only seen one that's called sleek and shine 3 minute mask ....... I think is the name. It's got an orange top. It has more oils in it than the conditioner I use daily. It comes in a tub.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
OK, so I got impatient waiting for C&S leave-in to show up here in the great North, so I could compare it to my HG S&S leave-in. And I thought....hey, why don't I just try the C&S rinse out as a leave in & see how that goes? Well, the answer is: badly. IT confirmed my usual experience with leaving in the GF rinse-outs: it just doesn't work. Dont' know why, but know that it doesn't. I got poofy, undefined frizz altho I had done the rest of my usual routine. Rewet hair, used GF S&S leave-in and...magic, as usual. I got to work & had defined spirals even thru the snow.
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
Do you know what irks the living crud out of me? I bought a zillion conditioners and this is my fav. My S/O gonna be like, why you need more of that, you have 5 million bottles of stuff?

I'm close to running out of my bottle so I'm getting some tomorrow. I don't know if it's the amount of A cone or what but I swear I get the most defined curls and just the right amount of moisture from this stuff. I'm glad I was asked to use it several days in a row so I could tell just how well it performed. I usually jump around from condish to condish.

I think I might use more than most. Stupid hard water! I use a palmful, let it set then run my hair under the water real fast and add more for that seaweed feel. I could probably use less but I'm paranoid to change my routine since my hair is doing so well!

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
medusa, are you talking about the Curl & Shine rinse out? I like it, but I need a little moisture in this really cold weather. I am going to try the dry/damaged version next. Honestly, it hardly seems to matter which cond I use, as long as I top it with the Sleek & Shine leave-in. Finally bought a digital camera, so I will post pix soon.
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
OK, I thought this was a good non-cone conditioner. Am I right? I am going to try it soon. Maybe tommorow, I have the sleek and shine leave in and like it a lot. My next buy will be curl and shine but do not need it until the S&S is out.

Keep us all informed everyone. Red.
3B, CG,Corkscrew
Xtramoist shampoo, Fastfood leave on, Recoil, varnish Gel-Herbal Essances, Totally Twisted
RedheadCurly

Keep us all informed everyone. Red.
Originally Posted by RedheadCurly2007
You didn't specify...Are you talking about a garnier condish? Because the only non-cone condish they have is the one for fine hair.
OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie.
It has the A cone in it, same as the devacurl products. It's the one that's easy to remove without sulfates

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
Wild- I was talking about the curl & Shine conditiooner, not the rinse out. Just regular conditioner...I suppose that would be rinse out. Um, I have the S&S leave in conditioner too. I use that after I co wash.

I was wondering about my conditioner...not cone safe?
RedheadCurly
The C&S and S&S conditioners...do any of these have protein in them? I co-washed with a VO5 strawberries and creme conditioner that I bought over the weekend and my hairs a little frizzy. Usually when I co-wash with GF, I it isn't as bad, if so it may be the protein the VO5, here I thought I wasn't protein sensitive. Maybe I just didn't use enough gel today....
I've been using the GF C&S leave-in for a while now, with great results. I picked up the C&S rinse-out to hold me over when my Jessicurl order didn't arrive, and so far I really like it. It's nice and thick and detangles very well. Nice to know I have an inexpensive choice!
2b copper penny red
"While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats."

CURRENTLY USING:
Renpure Moisturizing Shampoo, Body Shop Banana Conditioner, Ouidad Tress Effects GelMy fashion blog:
Arrie- I do not know too much about protein or sensitivity yet.

Sass- Thanks for the info. on GF S&S and C&S. I like those. I use them sometimes.

Arrie- I get frizz sometimes, does that mean my hair is sensitive to protein? It is doing great now but I just started CG very recently. Thanks.
RedheadCurly
aries neither of those have protein in them

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
Well, this stuff just doesn't work for me. I get a LOT of frizz from it.

So here's my question...you folks whose hair responds well to the a-cone...would you say that your hair is porous, or somewhat porous? (I'm trying to figure out why it works for you all & not for me!)

I think my hair is not porous at all. Anything with the a-cone just seems to sit on it...definitely does not sink in. But my hair IS dry.

Also, I think that usually manufacturers put silicones in shampoos to make the shampoos feel more conditioning & moisturizing. Usually when I see "moisturizing" with "shampoo" I just assume it has a silicone in it.

Oh, and if you have spendy products lying around, for cripe's sake, use the swap board hint hint! It looks like I'll still be using those products since the G&F has failed me!
formerly Castella
(my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)