Garnier Fructis Curl & Shine products

My product junkie was enabled by coupons in Sunday's paper.

I picked up the leave-in conditioner yesterday, just in time for Santa Ana weather conditions today in San Diego! It plays nicely with my usual styling stuff, and I haven't noticed any static flyaways or frizz today.

Has anyone tried the shampoo and conditioner yet?

The leave-in ingredients are:
Aqua Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Amodimethicone , Cetyl Esters , Behentrimonium Chloride , Glycerin , Parfum Fragrance , Methylparaben , Persea Gratissima Avocado Oil , Trideceth-12 , Citric Acid , Prunus Armeniaca Apricot Kernel Oil , Cetrimonium Chloride , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Linalool , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Citronellol

The shampoo ingredients:
Aqua Water , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Dimethicone , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Distearyl Ether , Sodium Chloride , Behenyl Alcohol , Cocamide MIPA , Laureth-2 , PPG-5-Ceteth-20 , Parfum Fragrance , Pyrus Malus Apple Fruit Extract , Sodium Methylparaben , Carbomer , DMDM Hydantoin , Polyquaternium-7 , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Niacinamide , Pyridoxine HCL , Persea Gratissima Avocado Oil , Citric Acid , Saccharum Officinarum Sugar Cane Extract , Methyl Cocoate , Prunus Armeniaca Apricot Kernel Oil , Linalool , Sodium Cocoate , Citrus Limonum Lemon Peel Extract , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract

The conditioner ingredients:
Aqua Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Amodimethicone , Potato Starch Modified , Behentrimonium Chloride , Pyrus Malus Apple Fruit Extract , Parfum Fragrance , Cetyl Esters , Methylparaben , Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone , Persea Gratissima Avocado Oil , Trideceth-6 , Niacinamide , Pyridoxine HCL , Citric Acid , Prunus Armeniaca Apricot Kernel Oil , Saccharum Officinarum Sugar Cane Extract , Cetrimonium Chloride , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Poloxamer 407 , Dodecene , Linalool , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Dimethyl Tin Dineodecyl Ester , Citrus Limonum Lemon Peel Extract , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract
3 B; fine, below the shoulders.
KC Come Clean shampoo; The Body Shop Rainforest Essentials shampoo & conditioner for color treated hair.
Styling: KC Knot Today; CHS Curl Keeper
Why oh why do they put dimethicone in a shampoo? what are we going to get it out with if the shampoo we should be getting the cone out with has it in it? hmmm?

That irks the crap out of me. I have some shampoos like that now and they suffocate my hair unless I rotate them with a regular sulfate every third day or so

Love the conditioner though

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
I bought both the shampoo and conditioner the other day and so far I really like them. The shampoo seemed very gentle and the conditioner left my hair soft and smooth. I was skeptical, though, of the -cones- especially the one in the shampoo. But...I did have a good hair day. I had lots of volume and good curl formation. How much of that is due to the shampoo and conditioner and how much is due to other stuff I put in my hair...well, I have no idea. BUT I can definitely say that it didn't do anything harmful to my hair.
I have 3a curls and very very very fine hair that doesn't like being cut short (as it is now)! The longer it gets, the curlier.
it takes a while to see buildup of the cone. Let us know how your hair is doing after a week.
I'm very curious. I do love the conditioners and they have that one easy to remove cone only, so weird they put the other cone in the shampoo.
It does make hair smooth though.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
I love, love, loooove this whole line of cond's (not so much the stylers) I find myself reaching for them far more often than my spendy collection of Curl Junkie, Deva, & Curls products.
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
Can anyone speak on their deep conditioner?
Lotsa 3c curls
Curly Journey Album
Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
I got the curl and shine rinse out finally. It's pretty darn close to the sleek and shine. I'll have to use it a week to see if there is any difference. It detangled well, rinsed out well. I used the curl and shine leave in too.

As for that 3 minute deep treatment, I haven't used it yet. I almost got it yesterday. Someone else had said that they loved it, someone else said it had too much oil for them and yet another said it didn't do much for their hair soooooooooo I don't know what to think. I'll pick that up next week though I have no doubt

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
you guys are making me want to try this! My hair is fine with the a-cone. I want the leave in!
mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.

Love the conditioner though
Originally Posted by medusahair
perhaps it's in the shampoo for people who don't follow up with a conditioner? or who might abandon a shampoo without getting to the conditioner if it was too "tangly"?

hair growth journey
well im using their sleek and shine shampoo and conditioner, and i just started using there leave in conditioner for curly hair a few days ago, its not a huge change on my hiar or anything, but it seems to work pretty well, can make a few peices a bit crunch though, but good hu? lol
I do find after a year of using the S&S rinse -out & a few weeks of the C&S, the S&S does have lots more moisture. I just don't get the same good results with my spendy products.

Re: d'cone in 'poo. I recall Ouidad giving a quote in a mag a few years ago, where she was asked what curlies should look for in a drugstore product. And she said, "Look for a shampoo w/ d'cone."
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
Thanks for the tip on the d'cone in poos. Weird. I have some poos with that in it I avoid now. I'm going to try using them again and see what happens. I mean I can always use a clarifyer and get it out. I miss the smooth feeling of the d' cone. I don't know if my hair was any better though or any more moisturized..........
which is why the experiment.

Thanks for the info on the s&s leave in too. See now I have to try it!I'm gettign that 3 minute one too this week. Not that I'm a PJ or anything

ETA: holllllllld up, seems like none of my conditioner could get through when I used the d cone. I'm goign to experiment because well, I can but seems like my conditioner would just grease up on top of my hair. But hey maybe I'm wrong. It's been a long time since I used any cone but the A one. I'll find out!

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
'kay medusa, report back! I avoid the d'cone myself, & since none of Ouidad's other theories or products worked for me back in the day, I've cheerfully ignored her other advice.

Re: the C&S -- remember, I only have that in the rinse out version. It hasn't arrived up here in the leave-in yet. So the more moisture in the S&S is true for the rinse out.
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
ahh ok, well I"m getting the S&S leave in just in case Cause now I want to know.

Ok the D cone experiment so far ( I have to pause to experiment with C&S rinse out ya know) I shampooed with jasons poo which has it in there and used redkin clear water (no clue if it had cones, figured it didn't matter today and it was just a sample) and then used aveda becurly and then abba weightless gel.
I've had better and I've had worse hair days. My hair is nice and curly. Which it's humid today so no big surprise there. But it's also rough and dry. And I have a halo of frizz which is unusual for me even on a rainy day.

Now it might be that particular poo. I used the sleek and shine poo a bit back and my hair was fine with that. Buuuuuuut I'm paranoid so unless I get a super duper curly wonderfully hydrated hair day I think I'll leave off that D cone.
I just had to try though!

Now to low poo this out of my hair so I can test out the curl and shine rinse out woohoo!

Originally Posted by CelticCurls
after all these wonderful reviews i broke and got the c&s rinse and shine and leave-in tonight...... i have been trying to find an over-the-counter conditioner that's not too expensive and doesn't provoke my allergies.....
won't be trying for a few days..... my question - wouldn't it be possible to just add some oil to the c&s? that's what i was thinking..... any ideas?

i am thinking of trying it with and without added oil

my concern was that the d-cone would dry my hair..... i hope i don't have to shampoo to get it out

also noticed several other GF products - for dry hair, color treated hair, repairing, volumizing..... etc
anyone have any experience with those conditioners.....?

hair growth journey
The conditioner does NOT have the d'cone in it, just the shampoo. So if you're only using the conditioners you should be fine.

Ok I used the c&s rinse out without the leave in today, it's not super rich but it's absolutely moisturizing enough for my hair. I used it with aveda be curly and Totally twisted gel.

I'm going to try it with the iso bouncy same gel, then no curl creme and same gel to see what happens.

So far I have happy hair

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
mariposa - the GF formulaas are actually very different one from the other. The Colored/Damaged version has the least amo-cone I believe, & the Sleek & Shine (the one I use) is medium, and the Curl 'n Shine has the most. I have very dry 3B hair, and with the Sleek 'n Shine, I really don't feel the need to add any oil to boost it, the way I would have to if using Suave. All the GF formulas are much richer than brands like Suave, Tresemme, etc.

medusa - you are on an experimenting tear! Once I'm completely settled into my new condo, I'll start rotating thru' my lotions 'n potions again. For now, I'm just so happy to have found where I packed my faves. So, did you notice any diff in curl definition between the GF S'nS vs. C'n S formulas....?
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
I'll know more when I use no creme under my gel but my hair is curlier on my crown area, I got longer lazy coils (my hair is a bit short for decent coils at the moment).
I have a little more frizz than with sleek and shine but since it rained today it's hard to tell which it was, the change in conditioner or the rain.

You better get in that condo, I need someone to help find out what works!

Celtic and Medusa

I guess I'm confused - i was using amodimethicone interchangeably with dimethicone..... so thought by "d-cone" you were referring to either....... but apparently must be just dimeth - since amodimeth is 3rs ingredient....... forgive my ignorance...... is amodimeth so mch easier to get out that it's not a concern?

unlike most people the suave is not something i can use more than occasionally - can cause really bad allergic reactions

hair growth journey
Suave? I use white rain for my CW.
Garnier fructis makes this conditioner.

Dude I slathered on tons of it today thinking I needed the moisture and over did it, my gel didn't go crunchy and my hair fell flat. It wasn't pretty. I bet I don't do that again!

ETA: I definitely used too much because this morning I woke up and my hair was curlier than when I went to bed. So I probably either rubbed some off on my pillow or my hair absorbed it.