Dollar Tree - Salon Professional???

Has anyone tried the Dollar Tree Personal Care Salon Professional Deep Replenishing Conditioner (Compare to Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm)?

It's made in Canada & I've looked over the ingredients & don't see anything bad. And it smells good.

The only problem I have with it is the wording on it reads contradictory, to me at least:

"Personal Care Deep Replenishing Conditioner helps to prevent split ends and revitalize your hair. Regular use will condition dry, brittle and frizzy hair and help to leave your hair more manageable. Leaves hair feeling soft, smooth, and silky.

DIRECTIONS: Shampoo hair as usual. Rinse. Apply Detangling Conditioner to damp hair. Comb through. Leave on 3 minutes. Rinse and style as usual."

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this?

~~~

Oh, the ingredients are:

Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-2, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propyparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Rosarium Officinals (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwack) Extract.

I'm guessing it's supposed to be Propylparaben.
That conditioner has gotten my attention a few times, too! I once saw a thread about the product...the author of the thread had said that she tried it and got great results. I tried looking for that thread, but I can't find it

I say go ahead and try it!
Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
Dollar Tree has several conditioners that are CG.

They have a Balsam one, the V05 or Alberto ones, and several others (including this generic version)

I say try them! You're only out a $1 anyway!
FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
Originally Posted by botticelli_girl922
You sure it wasn't the Salon Care brand from Sally Beauty Supply?

I say try them! You're only out a $1 anyway!
Originally Posted by Alexjoujou
Very true.
Ooohhh, that's even cheaper than Walgreens!
3b/c, CG 9/18/08
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
I love this site so much! I did a half-hearted google search after buying this product--didn't expect to get any hits as it's a Dollar Tree brand. I just wanted to know if any one else out there had heard of/used it. And you have! Anyway, I'm sure you ladies have all moved on...just wanted to say that, while I was going to use the product anyway (hello, $1!!), it's nice to see feedback
I haven't bought it yet because I have too many bottles of other conditioners I still have to get through.

Oh, the ingredients are:

Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-2, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Rosarium Officinals (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrastis Canadensis (Golden Seal) Extract, Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwack) Extract.
Originally Posted by lazy loops
So has anyone tried this? I just saw it again at the Dollar Tree today, and want to try it, but I still have a whole bottle of the real thing (Biolage deep condish balm) so I resisted. But I may go back and get some to use as a cowash. They also had the same brand-versions of a Nexxus condish and a Paul Mitchell condish, and from reading the ingredients, neither had cones so I was thinking of trying one of those instead. For a buck, it's not a bad investment, I was just wondering if anyone has tried any of these after all. Dollar Tree has the matching shampoos too, but they all have sulfates so I won't be trying those

I'll post a review in a week or so, but if anyone has any feedback, I'd love to hear about it

Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
i have used tried it & love it - dollar tree also make a generic version of a paul mitchell leave-in & it's also grrreat, especially for $1, lol. it's also totally 'cone free.

Modified CG Lowpoo X1 a week
Jessicurl WDT
Shea Moisture RCM
Stylers:Boots Pink/Dr.Bronners Style Creme
L.A Cashmere Curls Gel

I DT once a week (over night), & I do a ACV rince once a month.

Have you? Awesome. I was looking at the PM leave in knock off, but it was bright blue. Kind of weird.

What's your hair type/texture?

Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
yes, it's a weird texture too (quite thin), but it's great. i compared the ingredients & there are only 2 not included in the generic version. it's a great back up if you run out of your fav, or are a curly on a budget.

Modified CG Lowpoo X1 a week
Jessicurl WDT
Shea Moisture RCM
Stylers:Boots Pink/Dr.Bronners Style Creme
L.A Cashmere Curls Gel

I DT once a week (over night), & I do a ACV rince once a month.

What's your hair type/texture?
Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs
The original Paul Mitchell "The Conditioner" is also bright blue.
4a/3c curls
Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
Team Wash and Go!
iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
Is it? that's good to know. I haven't used Paul Mitchell is about 5 years, so I didn't know, and when I saw the bright blue, I thought, "hmmm, that's kind of wierd." Wasn't sure it was if it was typical or not.

I'm definitely on a budget, and I've just gotten my sister to stop straightening her hair and try going CG. She's on a very tight budget, with even more limited funds than I have (she has a toddler and I don't, my hair is my baby, lol) so I am the guinea pig, and if it works for me, I pass it on to her.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks for the feedback!
Originally Posted by Auntie Bubbs
No worries - let us know how it worked for you. I used to love that product but I called myself going strictly cg and avoiding 'cones (I thought the Conditioner had them?). But now I am willing to experiment, and that means I can start using less expensive products on the ground because I am through ordering stuff online. I really want to take advantage of some of these Dollar Tree items I keep hearing about.
4a/3c curls
Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
Team Wash and Go!
iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
I still haven't gotten to the Dollar Tree to pick up the condish, but I plan to soon. But when I was there 2 weeks ago, I read the ingredients list on all the bottles (there were 3 knockoffs, Matrix, Paul Mitchell, and one more but I forget which one) and I didn't see any cones. I won't use a condish if it has any cones. I'm strict about cones, less strict about sulfates. I won't use a poo with SLS but other less harsh sulfates, I'll make an exception. My Trader Joes poo has one, but its not high up on the list, so I'm ok with it since I only use it to low poo once or twice a week.