Old 06-02-2010, 07:22 AM   #21

Join Date: Jan 2008

I have so many other things that I've been trying out, I haven't thought to use this. I'll bet the puree would be fabulous with any of the Marie Dean products. If I remember, I'll put it out on the counter, so I remember to use it tomorrow!

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
Old 06-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #22

Join Date: Sep 2009

I will have to say I like the puree, I was turned off by the watery texture but it actually spreads over the hair easily, my hair dried a little crunchy but my curls were plump and very defined.

I used a light leave in under, next time I will try it with some karens hair milk to see if a creamy leave in makes a difference.
Cerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:52 AM   #23

Join Date: Jan 2008

Used the puree with the Marie Dean pudding I bought. It looked great while diffusing. It's not 100% dry, but the hand under the hair tells me it will be soft and not have that "odd" feeling I usually get. It's supposed to be hot and muggy today--thunderstorms this pm and dews in the high 60's. We'll see how it holds up.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #24

Join Date: Jan 2008

My hair held up really well today. I was in a house where the air conditioning wasn't working properly for a while--register wasn't open. It was really hot and muggy.

While I've finally found a way to get this to work, I'm not sure I would repurchase it. I'm really spoiled with all the products that leave your hair feeling great with no effort.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #25

Originally Posted by kathymack View Post

Thanks for the update. I'm totally feeling you on liking products, but not repurchasing b/c you have things that work loads better.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:40 AM   #26

Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by sassywillow; 07-11-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:34 PM   #27

Chelley Mae's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Send a message via AIM to Chelley Mae

Interestingly enough I'm finding the Botanical Spirits creams & puddings for me in general, don't like anything else with them. And I'm liking the Kinky Coils Pudding the most, even though it's not meant for my hair type. I love it though, but totally alone.

Actually, lately I've been finding that just 1 product in my hair is working the best. I no longer think I like gel....
2b/3A/ Fine/Med Porosity (i think)
Mod CG
Currently Using:
Cleanser: Kathymack soap bars, Giovannie TTTT
Rinse Out: CJ Curl Theory, Aussie 3 Min Miracle, Giovanni 50:50, Jasmine's Shea, Sevi Pumpkin Seed
Leave Ins: Jasmines Babasu Buttercream, CJ CALI (HG), Jasmines Shea, CJ BCLI
Stylers: CJ CCCC-Lite, Komaza CHP, SS CEJ, CJ SG
Gels: CJ AF (HG), HEBE (HG)

Chelley Mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #28

deleted

Last edited by sassywillow; 03-26-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:47 PM   #29

afrosheenqueen's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2000

Originally Posted by sassywillow View Post
Avocado coconut hair butter: This product disppointed me to no end. It is a very thick, waxy butter cream. My product was stiff and dry. It was impossible to distribute thru my hair. It made my hair dry and frizzy. I contacted the owner and she said that I could warm it up somewhat to get a creamier consistency. That didn't work. And there are small particles of wax in my cream. It only softens my hair when it is wet. On dry hair it feels like I am putting wax and corn starch in my hair. Not for my hair type, I guess. Defintely not a repurchase.
Aww... I wanted to try this. Out of curiosity does your jar say that it has beeswax or candelilla? On the website it says there was a change on the beeswax.
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
afrosheenqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:24 PM   #30

Originally Posted by afrosheenqueen View Post
Originally Posted by sassywillow View Post
Wow. I think you got a bad batch because mine is whipped butter and HAIR CRACK!! I love it on wet or dry hair. SBB turned me on to it and its a definite repurchase!!

I'm also enjoying the styling gel (strong hold) and the kinky coils pudding. Good stuff!

Old 10-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #31

afrosheenqueen's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2000

Originally Posted by Naturalista View Post
Originally Posted by afrosheenqueen View Post
Originally Posted by sassywillow View Post

I'm going to try this. I'm having a devil of a time finding something that is shea-free. The ingredients look so good!
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

SL APL BSL MBL
afrosheenqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #32

deleted

Last edited by sassywillow; 03-26-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #33

Suburbanbushbabe's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006

Avocado Coconut milk Hair butter - I think how you use it makes a difference. I use it mostly on dry hair for 2nd + day moisture, mixed with Devacurl Set it Free and scrunched in. A very small amount. I may also scrunch it on wet hair over a leave-in for a moisture hit -again, a small amount.

These days, my hair is liking thicker products for 2nd and 3rd day styling: Devacurl Set Up and Above, Botanical Spirits, Aquage Gellade, Qhemet Olive Honey Hair Balm.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Last edited by Suburbanbushbabe; 10-10-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Suburbanbushbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #34

deleted

Last edited by sassywillow; 03-26-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:35 PM   #35

Suburbanbushbabe's Avatar

Join Date: May 2006

Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe View Post

Meh. My jar had too much wax in it. It wasn't even spreadable. I added coconut milk, glycerin and avocado oil to it and a got a nice creamy, whipped consistency.

Are you still using the curl tamer conditioner? I think I got a bad batch of that one too. Way too acidic and watery.
The deep conditioner? I haven't reordered, but I like it. It was pretty thick.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/

Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
Suburbanbushbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #36

Originally Posted by Suburbanbushbabe View Post

The deep conditioner? I haven't reordered, but I like it. It was pretty thick.
Not anymore. As I said above she took out the coffee butter so it is thin with no emolliency and no slip. I was so disappointed.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:21 PM   #37

Ninjarette's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009

I REALLY like this line. It does make my hair feel...strange, but it feels "protected". It's weird. It's probably because of the glycerin (which I normally avoid in the winter) in the Hydrating Spritz. I love the way the products smell, too. I can smell the organic apple juice, in the Kinky Coils Pudding.

My hair texture is prone to frizzing. I go with the flow. No biggie. The pudding manages frizz better than any product I've ever tried. My twists look "neater" and tighter. I don't understand HOW it does it, but it does. The Avocado Coconut Milk Butter is GREAT for sealing the ends. It's thick, rich and "waxy", which is PERFECT for my hair, in the winter time.

I have the puree (extra strength), which I'll use for two-strand twists, when I retwist.

Again, my hair does feel "odd", as someone else mentioned. But when I come in from the cold, my hair feels soft and conditioned...I usually wear a hat, when it's super cold, but my ends still peek out from underneath the hat.
Platinum Product Junkies
The Facebook
| The Twitter

The Product Lines:
Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
Ninjarette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #38

Join Date: Jan 2008

I ordered the "new" products over the weekend. New formula of the Puree and the Stretch Curls Gelee. Got the email that they were sent yesterday, but they aren't in the USPS system yet. Can't wait to get and try them.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:37 AM   #39

Join Date: Jan 2008

First of all, let me give you the link. The one in the first post no longer works: botanicalspirits.com - Home

I tried the new formula of the puree.

Ingredients: Botanical Spirits Herbal Complex SC™ Infused in Water, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Raw Honey, Botanical Spirits Gelling Complex GA™, Grapeseed Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Vitamin E Oil, Panthenol (Vit.B5), MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), Calendula Flower Extract, Grapefruit seed extract, Potassium Sorbate, Frangrance.

Don't remember if I posted the original ingredients. All I can say is that this time, she got her formulation PERFECT! I've used it a few times and my hair didn't feel "odd" when I was done. I use one of the Marie Dean jar products under it and I find that just a little jelly (EW SAJ) on top works really well. I get absolutely NO frizz and my hair holds up really well. I could probably do second day hair--if I did second day hair.

The other product I bought was a new one. The Stretch Curls Gelee.

ngredients: Plant Mucilage Complex Aqueous Extract, Aloe Vera Leaf Extract, Coconut Milk, Agave Nectar Extract, Vegetable Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax, Avocado oil, Coconut Oil, Glucose, Maltodextrin, Sodium Lactate, Lemongrass Extract, Lavender Extract, Olive Leaf Extract, Gluconotactone, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Calceinate, Hydrolyzed Silk Powder, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance.

It think it's supposed to be more moisturizing and better for the dry, cold winter/low dewpoints. Right now, I don't like this product as much as I LOVE the puree. When I used the MD jar product, it felt "gummy." By itself, it wasn't enough (for people looking for stretching, it might be great.) With a lighter leave in, it was okay. I'm thinking that this product might be great by itself in higher dewpoints. I'll have to wait to try it until it warms up a bit.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:46 AM   #40

Originally Posted by kathymack View Post

I tried the new formula of the puree.

The other product I bought was a new one. The Stretch Curls Gelee.

I LOVE the original puree, so I was afraid that she was gonna ruin it so I stocked up. LOL! Hmm.. I'll have to wait to justify that purchase.

The Stretch Gelee with all the dry issues and the shrinkage I have sounds like it might be nice until you said it needs a little help. Hmm...