Botanical Spirits

I LOVE the original puree, so I was afraid that she was gonna ruin it so I stocked up. LOL! Hmm.. I'll have to wait to justify that purchase.

The Stretch Gelee with all the dry issues and the shrinkage I have sounds like it might be nice until you said it needs a little help. Hmm...
Originally Posted by Naturalista
Most of the products that promise less shrinkage, do the opposite for my hair (like KCCC.) My issue was that I didn't get the shrinkage that I wanted, so added another layer of product.

For people who want the stretching/less shrinkage--it might be just what you want.

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
I just got some samples of the soft curls creme - leave in conditioner and the magic curls puree.

I have to say my hair looks really good today. I shampoo'd and used CJ beauticurls strengthening hair condish (normal routine) I then used the curl creme on wet hair in the shower. I then squeezed out some water and applied some of the puree (quarter sized??) also on wet hair. Then I scrunched out some water with flour sack towel and then diffused to maybe 50% dry. Nice curls and good volume without looking producty (which sometimes happens to me when I use a product that gives me volume).

One question for people using these products-the puree says to use once a week, every other day, etc. Does anyone know why?I was thinking it might be on there so people know they can reactivate it if they do 2nd hair etc?

I don't remember if that was on the old version, didn't bother reading the bottle when I got the new version. Haven't got the foggiest idea why. If the full sized bottle says anything, I add to this post.

Although I wet and style every day, I rarely use it more then once a week anyway.

BTW, I got the stretch gelee to work this week--maybe the higher dewpoints. Used it with MD Red Clover and Honey LI and my hair looked really good.

ETA: The bottle says that it's great for medium to coarse hair. (where does that leave us??) This is on the bottle and on the website: "Apply once a week, every other day or twice a week. The frequency of use depends on your hair texture and your desired curls definition."

Last edited by kathymack; 03-10-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Just was wondering.

As the day goes my hair is still looking great which is a feat in its self since I am about 6 months past a haircut!! It feels soft, looks shiny and the volume is holding up. Lately not much has been working great-this is the best in quite a while.

I did pull the sides/front back but that is due to needing an haircut not the product. I have been doing that for about 2 months!! Appt is scheduled for next week-I hope I do not end up having to cancel this one!

ETA-I forgot to note that I used CJ Curl Queen gel over. I knew I would need more hold. I got the 'mild' version of the puree.

Last edited by xcptnl; 03-10-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Originally Posted by kathymack
I saw that and was worried but it was not heavy nor does my hair feel coated at all. I will see how it works for extended use.

This product isn't heavy AT ALL. I don't think you'll have any issues with extended use. The original puree gave you GREAT curls, but left your hair feeling "odd." It took me a while to find a product to use under it (I eventually settled on the MD Yogurt Smoothie.) My curls aren't quite as tight with the new formula; however, my hair feels great. It's a good trade off.

I tried the Stretch Gelee and it didnt blow me away. I thought it would be more moisturizing than the puree but it was just blah. No stretch either. I have one more go of the sample left, so perhaps I'll use another LI and see.

Facebook|Twitter
I didn't think it was special the first two times I used it. Decided to hold off until the weather changed. I used it this week, on one of the nicer days and liked it. Of course, I wasn't looking for stretch, LOL. Just the opposite.

I used the Puree today with the MD Curly Styling Cream--great hair with lots of nice curl definition and volume.

^^ ITA that the stretch gelee does the opposite. My hair was super curly. LOL!

I will test out that combo when the weather improves. NYC has been inconsistent as of late and it's super annoying.

Facebook|Twitter
Has anyone tried any of the conditioners in this line? I'm tempted to try it. I get nervous because my hair can get flat.
Newbie
2C wavy fine hair
My hair is wavy and fine
I have tried the Banana and Peppermint Conditioner and I love it. It's great as a RO and a LI. The moisture lasts in my hair about 4 days.

Originally Posted by Naturalista
Naturalista you know I had to order it since you are raving about it. I will let you know how it works on my hair.

My Staples:
CJ Smoothing Conitioner, CJ Daily Fix,Cherry Lola Treatment, CJ CCCC, CJ Smoothing Lotion, Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Majic, KCCC, Eco Blue and KMF UMG
Originally Posted by rosscd
Lemme know how you like it. I have just discovered its a great daily moisturizer too. It's just as Redgine advertised.

Originally Posted by Naturalista
Haven't tried the products yet but got my package in 3days. Love that. I love how the conditioner smell. It's almost butterscotch.

My Staples:
I just got my full size of the gelee and the curl refresher/moisturizing spray. The sale was great!

Great Products, I really appreciate the sale. The Banana Peppermint conditioner really surprised me. It didn't weigh my hair down. My curls were really popping.

I am liking the moisture of the Puree. I am going to try it with no leave in tomorrow with a little KMF UMG tomorrow. But great products and I LOVE the packaging. The pump bottles are the best. I will keep them no matter what.

As always thanks Nat!!

My Staples:
Between my haircut and the puree from this product line I am having a great hair day!!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Last edited by xcptnl; 04-01-2011 at 08:28 AM.

As always thanks Nat!!
YW!!! Happy to hear it!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
Originally Posted by xcptnl
Looking good!

Yeah, the sale ROCKED!

reviving....

wondering if this line works well in high humidity/dew points....??
in humidity hell south Florida or high and dry Colorado
CG since 2005
2a, 2b, 3b - fine hair, low density - low/normal porosity
washing: cj curl assurance gentle cleansing, cj daily fix
conditioning: cj smoothing, cj strengthening, giovanni 50/50 balance, darcy's pumpkin seed, kinky curly knot today
styling: homemade fsg, kinky curly curling custard, cj pattern pusha, botanical spirits magic curls puree
pt: cj curl fix, cj repair me
avoid: humectants, polyquats
reviving....

wondering if this line works well in high humidity/dew points....??
Originally Posted by frxncrls
The Puree is good in regular and high dewpoints, the Gelee in lower dewpoints.