Garnier fructis sleek and shine rinse out

Well it's nothing spectacular but for 3 bucks it's not bad if you don't need tons of moisture. I used the sleek and shine rinse out then the curl and shine leave in and well my hair looks good.
It's a cheap alternative for those that don't have dry damaged hair I think.

I don't think I'll give up my other conditioners but I do think I'll leave it in the rotation. Not too bad for 3 bucks

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
I didn't appreciate this conditioner until I went a week without it. I used it today after having some frizz all week. I don't mind frizz if my hair looks fab but it was getting worse (protein products)
I used Sleek and shine rinse out then used the Curl and shine leave in, I used recoil and then joiwhip which sometimes gives me frizz but my hair is very frizz free. I'm impressed.

Originally Posted by medusahair
I need lots of moisture and love how moisturized the SnS makes my hair feel. It's so funny how all these products work on our hair !

I can't wait till I'm out of it, though, so I can try the Curl-n-Shine waiting in the cabinet for me .
CG-modified since 4/05
2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets.
Best definition winner: KCCC
Best volume winner: LOOB
I am liking the S&S more & more. When my Devacare One C is done, I'm going to replace it with this. I've used it on/off for a year now, & it's a really close replacement. I'm going to try out the D&D next. The leave-in is a thing of wonder too.
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
Lavendar, It's moisturizing enough for me but doesn't weigh down my hair like some others. So I assume it's less moisturizing than say umm One C? But maybe it's something else. I do know it works well for my hair and it sure cuts down on frizz.

I have the curl and shine leave in. Do they make a rinse out? I like the leave in a lot. I wish I had tried these two and used them enough to know I liked them before ordering all my conditioner. It's so nice they come in a good size bottle and they're easy to find and cheap. I'd have never guessed they'd work well though if someone hadn't told me on the boards.

Celtic I think it works similar to OneC too, but it doesn't weight my hair down. What is D&D?

Originally Posted by medusahair
I had tried the DevaCare One C in a swap board sale, but to be honest, I couldn't get past the smell. I don't even remember how it worked . Someone way back had said the GF SnS worked as well as the OneC, so I figured heck, for the price I'd go with the GF.

And yep there is a Curl-n-Shine Leave-in
Can you use the S&S as a leavin or is it best to get the curl & shine leave in?
cjc
3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
Palm Beach County, Fl
I haven't tried that so I don't know. I bought them both so I use them separate. I"m not super careful about rinsing conditioners 100% out so I'd think it would be safe.

Originally Posted by medusahair
The Dry/Damaged formula. Costco has it, so I'm tempted, but the formula is quite different. Amodimethicone is much further down the list. Could be a good or a bad thing....

Re: using the rinse out as a leave-in. There does seem to be a difference. I've tried using the rinse out as a leave-in & don't care for it at all. My curl formation gets stringy. With the leave-in this doesn't happen.
HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
I'll have to check out the dried and damaged just because I can but I wonder if the Amethicone higher on the list is what takes care of the frizz? I have no clue I just know I don't get frizz with the c&s

Thanks for the tip on the leave in.

lavendar, I was asking if the Curl and shine has a rinse out. I use the leave in already. I'll have to check next trip to Walmart. I don't know how they'd differ but ya know I have to check.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
Are you guys using both the rinse out conditioner and then the leave in the same day??? Are you using the Sleek & Shine Conditioner and then the curl & shine leave in?

Has anyone tried the Curl & Shine conditioner??

I use the sleek and shine rinse out and the curl and shine leave in on the same day.

Thanks so much!

I thought the S&S was decent, certainly good if you needed something in a pinch. But overall I do need more moisture.
Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
HG products:
Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
I just picked up the curl & shine (rinse out) conditioner...do you guys shampoo regularly or are you having any success with this and staying CG?
Gel - KCCC at the moment
I'm CG , so far so good. I do no poo now and then though.
I use the sleek and shine rinse out, let me know how the curl and shine rinse out does, I'm dying to get that one too. I have no clue if it's any different but I love the other so you know I want the one you got too!

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
Oh good! Thanks medusahair!
The only real difference between the S&S and the C&S is the C&S has "potato starch modified" in it. I think it must be a starchy product to help enhance curl (did I read this in the CG book or am I dreaming??) anyway....
Gel - KCCC at the moment
I'm modified CG, ie, I use a coco betaine non-sudsing shampoo once a week, & I avoid all cones but this one. I get no build-up at all. I really find the GF has almost as much moisture as One C, far more than any other drug store or oganic cond I've tried -- & I'm a PJ, so I've tried many.

And yep, LM did mention potato starch in that Curls from Ipanema recipe.
Thanks CelticCurls!
I don't want to try too many things at once, but I may have to try this in the morning along with the Tizz No Frizz gel.
Gel - KCCC at the moment
Well I notice the diffeence in the frizz factor already this am. I used the sleek/shine rinse out conditioner. Then some CK (does anyone else LOVE how their hair looks after just adding CK - but I know it does not have hardly any hold for my hair and it would dry fuzzy - but I sure wish it would dry exactly how it looks after I put in CK) then the leave in curl/shine. I put in HESMU then put my hair up in a turban...after about 15 minutes I took it out and added a bit of gelebration spray to organize it. Then I diffused for bit to get it set and so far so good. The test is when it is fully dry but I can see a difference even when wet.