Queen Helene Mint Julep *gasp* shampoo

Hi. I'm new here. This is my first post. My hair is stick straight. My daughter has the curls. She had perfect ringlets as a toddler, but after a surgery her hair went straight for a while. Now the curls are coming back, but I have been shampooing and brushing her hair for many months. I gave her a deep conditioning treatment today with no brushing to see what I'd get and her curls are back. So... I ran to Sally's to get a wide tooth comb and some hair gel. I also bought the Garnier Triple Nutrition conditioner. I tried the curly girl method before she was born and I liked how my hair felt, even if it wasn't wavy. I may just follow her hair co-washing routine once we figure out what it is. Anyhow, moving on...

I wanted to have a shampoo in the house that I could use on her if I needed to. I think I scored. I bought Queen Helene Mint Julep Shampoo concentrate. The 16 ounce bottle makes a gallon of shampoo, but it says you can dilute it to two gallons - Which is what I will do. The ingredients are: Water, Cocamide Dea, Propylene Glycol, Fragrance, Chlorophlyn and coloring. How'd I do?

I also picked up Sally Hydrating Styling Gel. This is Water, PVP, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Itaconat Copolymer, Fragrance, Triethanolamine, Pathenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PEG-20, Acetate Copolymer, Benzopheone-4, MethylChloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol.
It sounded decent to me. *shrug* I'm just getting re-initialized 6 years after my curly trial.

Originally Posted by Nats_mom
I was just in Sally's and almost bought that Queen Helene shampoo. With such simple ingredients, it is surely CG.Let us know how you like it!
This stuff is GREAT!
There is an amazing amount of protien in it so beware if you're sensitive. My fine hair LOVES it! This may become my HG cleanser!

Thanks for finding this Nats_mom!!
Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
I was in Sally's the other day and saw the Queen Helene shampoo. Recalling this thread, I decided to pick up a bottle. What an awesome find! I didn't have any big containers to dilute in, so I just mixed up a little in a 4 oz. travel bottle. This may become my HG cleanser as well! My hair seems to love it. I had kind of given up on low-poos and gone back to gentle sulfates, however, it's killing my color. This may be just the thing I've been needing! Thanks for the suggestion!!
I picked up some the other day and had to return it yesterday. I diluted it to the equivalent of the 1 gallon dilution (using 1 tsp mint julep & 7 tsp water) but it made my scalp burn. Ah well, I still love my Shea Moisture. I'll be watching Walgreens to see if they pick it up here, that would be awesomesauce!!
Southern Colorado Curly