Product Review: DevaCurl One Condition

*Edited for changes, after about a week, my hair started to get over-conditioned*

Well, I was at Ulta, and PJ couldn't resist! No wonder everyone likes this, its awesome!

Likes:
-Very good slip
-Moisturizing
-somewhat CG, the cone is very easy to get out
-Helped A LOT with frizz
-Rich and creamy
-I didn't have to use a lot

Dislikes:
-Price. Come on Lorraine, $13.00 for 12oz?!?
-Smell. It was okay, but too much like a bathroom cleaner
-I got over conditioned easily

Rating:

Rating System:
- Horrible, didn't do anything for my hair.
- Did very minimal, will never buy again.
- Did something, okay product.
- good product, but not HG
- WHOO HOO!! HOLY GRAIL!! I LOVE THIS!

I think I'm going to stick with Elucence though. It's a lot cheaper, and I like it better

password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
I love this stuff. No matter what else I use I keep this as my HG.
You can get the big 32 oz bottle for 24 at cosmeticmagic.com. I order enough to get the free shipping, 25$ and up gets free shipping.

Nothing detangles or conditions as well. It works real well with Angell or Arc Angell too, they seem to enhance one another.
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
I think this is my HG too
pw: curls
3b/a
Cowash - No Poo, Suave Coconut
Conditioner - One Condition
Leave In - KCKT
Gel - KCCC at the moment
This product would be a "HG" for me as well, but its lemongrass smell is just too much for me and my allergies.
"Curls Tester"
Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
I love what it does to my hair, but the smell is horrible. Not only that, but it lingers. Adding products on top doesn't seem to help, either. Le sigh. I'll keep using it because it still does great things for my hair.
2c/3a
Love: Burt's Bees Grapefruit & Sugar Beet Conditioner, Boots, BRHG
Yeah, I'm another person who likes the product but not the fragrance. If it just wasn't so strong, I could live with it!
I love, love, love the smell! I didn't like this conditioner when I was doing strict CG because it ended up building up on me. I'm really wanting to try it again, now that I'm shampooing with Elucence MBS. I think I'm going to get it again (just as soon as I get through the 5 bottles of conditioner I already have ).
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
I too love the smell! Strangely enough, the bottle I'm using now smells more like lime than lemon... I don't know if I got an odd batch or what. This condish is absolutely my HG. I've been using it for over two years, and although I've tried others since then, I just keep going back to it! I also order mine from cosmeticmagic.com.
Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
HG products:
Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
If you hate the smell of DevaCurl, you might want to try DevaCare. I really wanted to try OneC but the smell knocked me out - ugh. The entire DevaCurl line hurts my nose! DevaCare smells orangy. Not offensive to me and it doesn't linger.

I just got the DevaCare OneC this weekend. So far I love it, but it's only been 2 days!

TurquoiseGrrl

3B?, fine & not a lot of it
I don't mind the smell at all. Lately, I've been using the DevaBlond One C (which smells like the DevaCurl One C) & it's definitely a HG for the cooler, drier weather. It gets too heavy for the heat & humidity of the summer, but it's just what my hair needs for the fall/winter!
Discovered nc.com in 09/2003

2b~~fine texture~~normal porosity (except for highlights, which are high)~~normal elasticity~~medium density

Shampoo: Still use sulfates, but only on roots
Rinse out: Deva One C, JC Too Shea, Original Sprouts Deep Conditioner
Curl Enhancers: KCCC; JC Rocking Ringlets, JC Spiralicious, & Confident Coils
Styler: BRHG (over any and all curl enhancers) - this is the one product that I never change - absolute HG!!

I

I'm on my 3rd day using this, and WOW! My hair is in the best state its been in! I'm starting to get a little bit overconditioned, my roots were a little greasy in some spots, so I'm going to apply it from the earlobes down.
password: springlet

i'm confuse, are devacare and devacurl diferent???? help please
Devacare I believe is their color-treated-friendly line that isn't specific to a hair color type. Devacurl is their original line.
3B Corkscrew... I'm back on the boards now! Just got The Big Chop on Monday, pics coming soon.
bumping for changes
password: springlet

I've tried this in the past but absolutely can't STAND the scent. I actually threw away almost an entire bottle just to get rid of it. Such a waste, I know, but I hated the smell THAT much.

Deb in NJ
Deb in NJ; 3a, dark brown, longish, layered, fine, reasonably thick hair, pale skin

Proud mom of Chappy, a 10-year old Boykin Spaniel, also with chocolate brown, 3a curls

Chappysmom.com
Punctuality Rules!
Booking Through Thursday
It's so funny how different people react differently to smells. I bought Devacare OneC because I read a post that said it smelled better than Devacurl. Well I absolutely HATE the smell of it. Then last weekend I got some Devacurl and I love it. Go figure
thick 3b; currently loving Devacurl and Kinky-Curly

angie did your hair get limp? And if so does EMBC do that to your hair too? I'm trying to figure out what I've done to my hair lately it's pissed!
2c/3a?
Low porosity, medium texture.

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!