Has anyone tried making their own DIY Setting Powder for their makeup routine?
I use the following recipe (Sorry I don't measure anything out. I just mix it together until it looks good to me.):
- Bentonite Clay (helps with acne, but be careful, it can be a bit drying if you have a dry skin type)
- Cornstarch (I use roughly a 3:1 ratio of Cornstarch to Bentonite clay.)
- A dash of turmeric (for yellow tone, and it helps with acne)
- A dash of Mineral makeup for color so it's lightly toned as apposed to being white. I use Everyday Minerals Base. They offer free samples on their website: everydayminerals.com
- Optionally instead of using mineral makeup for color, you can use cocoa powder. I need a pinker tone, so I opt for the mineral makeup.
My only con with this DIY powder is it's messy! I use a dense blush brush to apply it, and it goes everywhere into the air! I need to find a way to make this powder heavier. Any suggestions?
It does set my makeup very well though. I use this recipe instead of buying Everyday Minerals Finishing Dust. I like EM better, and it is much less messy, but's it's basically $12 cornstarch in a jar. My recipe ~$1 per batch. So I don't mind the messiness of it! I've learned to put a towel over my shirt when I apply it.